Categories > Original > Romance

This I Believe

by Auntie-Shin 0 reviews

ok, well, in class we had to write a paper about what we beleive in, and i beleive in love, so yeah this "story" i guess, is about love

Category: Romance - Rating: G - Genres:  - Published: 2008-11-06 - Updated: 2008-11-06 - 802 words - Complete

0Unrated
What is love? I know a lot of teenagers who say love at least 20 times a day. They say stuff like “I love this song” or “I love your purse.” But what does love really mean? And what can it do? Most people I know say that we will never find our one true love. But I believe in love.
For example, in the Disney movie Aladdin, Aladdin was poor and lived on the street. He fell in love with the princess. He pretended to be Prince Ali Ababua but didn’t need to because Princess Jasmine loved him for himself. When he was pretending to be a prince, she didn’t care that he was a prince or that he was wealthy. All she cared about was that she loved him and he loved her and that they loved happily ever after.
In the movie Titanic, a high class passenger, Rose meets a second class passenger, Jack. And she thinks he is charming and funny and eventually falls in love with him. As for jack, it was love at first sight. After the Titanic sank, Jack got Rose onto a door and out of the ice cold water. He sacrificed himself to save the one he loved.
“Love can mend your life but love can break your heart.” That was said in a famous 80’s song called Message in a Bottle. I think it means that if you find your soul mate and you fall madly in love with them, and them with you, their love could fix all the bad things in your life. But I think it also means that if you fall madly in love with someone that doesn’t love you back, that could break your heart and you could decide to give up on love forever.
In the song “Demolition Lovers” by My Chemical Romance, the lead singer, Gerard is telling his girlfriend that he’ll love her no matter what obstacles they face. “I’d end my days with you in a hail of bullets.” “I’m trying to let you just how much you mean to me,” and “I would drive on to the end with you” are just part of the way Gerard shows his devotion to his girlfriend. In another My Chemical Romance song, “My Way Home is Through You,” Gerard sings, “Can’t find my way home, but it’s through you and I know what I’d do to get back in your arms.” I think he is telling his girlfriend or whoever that they are his life and love, and that without them he is nothing
You’ve probably seen the movie Grease. And in it, Sandra Dee falls in love with the character played by John Travolta. She goes to watch him race because she can’t stand to be away from him and after he wins the race is when she realizes that she truly loves him. And she sang the song “Hopelessly Devoted to You.” And just by the title you can tell what the song is about: Her love and devotion to Travolta’s character. She tries to change for him, to be more like him, but in the end he loves her for who she really is.
In “I Caught Fire,” a song by The Used, the lead singer, Bert sings, “I’m melting in your eyes, I lost my place, could I stay awhile? And I’m melting in your eyes, like my first time, that I caught fire, just stay with me.” And he also says, “Every second I’m without you I’m a mess.” By that I think that he means that this person is the one he will love forever. And this person is the only thing keeping him alive and without them he would be nothing. And he loves this person so much that he writes a song about it to show the person that his love is true.
I know I’m only fourteen, but I did fall in love. I could not stop thinking about the guy. He just made me so happy; he always knew how to make me smile. And when I was around him, it felt like butterflies in my stomach. It just felt so good to be loved by someone who wanted to spend the rest of their life with me.
As you can see, love plays a big part in some people’s lives, mine included. It’s in songs, poems, books, and paintings. Life without love would probably be dark and depressing because you wouldn’t have anyone there to make you smile. And I believe love can take any bad situation and turn it into a happy one.


Please Tell Me What You Think, Cuz I Really Wanna Know
Sign up to rate and review this story