Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > Life Is A Sleazy Stranger And This Is His Favorite Bar...

I've Been Done Wrong...

by sblood311 0 reviews

Patrick and Apple have Pie.

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Angst,Drama,Romance - Published: 2008-11-11 - Updated: 2008-11-11 - 1200 words

0Unrated
Chapter Seven: I’ve Been Done Wrong

Apple’s POV:

Patrick was standing in the rain when I came out of the club. I pulled my hood up over my head. Taking a deep breath, I hiked up my guitar case as it slid off my shoulder. “Hey.” I whisper and he spins around. “Hey.” I nod towards the left. “Let’s go to Sophie’s”.The rain creates an echoing sound as it bounces off the pavement. Next to me Patrick is silent, having obviously decided to wait to attack me with questions until we got to the diner. Sophie’s was a small place that looked more like a cafe than a restaurant. The floor was dark hardwood and the tables and chairs were mismatched 70’s chrome and linoleum. The walls were painted blueish-green and near the door, cutting across the room, were intricate thin columns that were painted purple. Behind the counter sat Sophie herself. She was in her mid sixties and as sharp as a pistol. Sophie’s daughter Abby, worked there as well. Abby was a cute little brunette girl with short curly hair and liked to listen to heavy rockabilly music in her i-pod as she served the customers when her mother wasn’t there. Sophie was on the phone when we came in and Abby was nowhere to be found, so we sat down in a booth near the pie display. When I came in late, I always ordered blueberry pie. I felt sorry for it as it was always the one left whole at the end of the night when the apple pie and the cheesecake were all gone. It was always left alone because it was unassuming. I knew what that felt like, so I ordered blueberry pie and ice cream, every night I was in here. As we sat down Abby suddenly appeared out of nowhere. I realized that her shift was ending now and that was why she was pulling on her red and white trench coat. “Hey, Apple.” She waved as she passed, she kissed her mother’s cheek and left, giving the bell on the door a jingle. “You come here often?” Patrick asked. “Yeah, at least once a day.” Sophie got off the phone and came over holding a cup of Raspberry and Honey tea. She set it down in front of me. “Thanks.” She smiled and turned to Patrick. “Who’s your fella? Apple never brings her guys here.” I rolled my eyes. “Yeah, because there are so many of them.” Sophie sighed. “Besides, Patrick’s just my friend. We uh... went to high school together.” Patrick smiled softly. “Oh, well. What can I get for you?” Patrick considered the menu briefly. “Um, Coffee and two blueberry pies please.” Sophie nodded. “You want Ice cream on yours too?” Patrick nodded. When Sophie walked away Patrick turned his attention back to me. “So how’ve you been?” I shrugged, “Alright, I guess. You’ve been doing good though, hey. I don’t think there’s a person in the world that hasn’t seen or heard you guys.” Patrick blushed slightly. “I feel like a freak.” I laughed, “Join the club.” Patrick shook his head. “At least what you’re doing is real.” , “As opposed to you’re fake job. Yeah.” I rolled my eyes, shaking my head as I said it. “Seriously, at least you can leave the house without being mobbed. Pete has to wear a disguise everywhere he goes.” I sighed and Patrick realized what he said. “Sorry.” Suddenly a familiar sound filled the small restaurant. “Sophie! Come on.” I whined. “What? I’m not aloud to be proud of the little thing that came waltzing into the cafe on open mic night and blew everyone away?” I sighed. When I had first moved to the city I was in a very bleak state. I never slept so I used to come to Sophie’s where a guy named Oscar worked the late night shift. I used to sit there and eat blueberry pie and eventually fall asleep. All of a sudden in the morning this bouncy sixty year-old would shake me awake talking a mile a minute. Sophie’s was my home away from home and Check’s Bar was my home away from Sophie’s. Sophie set down the pie and I watched as Patrick listened to the music.

“Once I wanted to be the greatest
No wind or waterfall could stall me
And then came the rush of the flood
The stars at night turned deep to dust

Melt me down
into big black armor
Leave no trace
Of grace
Just in your honor
Lower me down
To culprit south
Make 'em wash a space in town
For the lead
And the dregs of my bed
I’ve been sleeping
Lower me down
Pin me in
Secure the grounds
For the later parade.”

I kept watching Patrick listen as I ate my pie. I could see the ice cream on his plate melting but he didn’t notice.

“Once I wanted to be the greatest
Two fists of solid rock
With brains that could explain
Any feeling
Lower me down
Pin me in
Secure the grounds
For the lead
And the dregs of my bed
I've been sleeping
For the later parade

Once I wanted to be the greatest
No wind or water fall could stall me
And then came the rush of the flood
The stars at night turned deep to dust.”

When the song ended Patrick shook his head like he was coming out of a daze. He blinked a few times then look at me. “Did you do that composition?” I nodded. “That was amazing.”
“Thanks. I did it a year or so ago.” Patrick just shook his head. I wanted him to stop. I wanted him to stop telling me how good I was. It wasn’t real. He wasn’t real, sitting there eating my blueberry pie. “You don’t have to say that you know.” He looks up at me. “What?” I narrowed my eyes and shook my head. “You don’t have to build me up. I’m a big girl. I tired of people fucking me over.” Patrick put his fork down. “Apple, listen. I think you are really, truly talented. Seriously, I wouldn’t say it if it weren’t true.” His eyes looked so sincere, but I knew he was lying. “Yes you would.” I couldn’t look at him anymore. “Why?” I laughed but my voice was sad. “Because you feel bad. Because he feels bad. Well he was right and you don’t need to try to sugar coat it for me.” I stood up and put ten dollars down on the table. As I turned to leave Patrick’s voice interrupted me. “What was he right about?” I looked over my shoulder. “Everything.” I walked out letting the bell chime behind me.

AN: Lyrics are Cat Power's 'The Greatest". I based the restaurant on the cafe in 'My Blueberry Nights'. See that movie cause it's amazing and it has Cat Power in in... and Jude Law. I
Sign up to rate and review this story