Categories > Books > Harry Potter > Bittersweet

The Cheater and the Cheated

by wuzzybear57 1 review

“Some things are so unexpected that no one is prepared for them.”-Leo Rosten

Category: Harry Potter - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama - Characters: Hermione,Ron - Warnings: [!!] - Published: 2008-11-15 - Updated: 2008-11-15 - 496 words

-1TrainWreck
Lily put the phone down cocking her eyebrow staring at Scorpius, "They hung up."

"Most likely just prank calls." He muttered folding his arms across his chest sighing.

"We still need to decide what we are going to do." Lily stated sitting across from him in a plushy arm chair.

"I don’t know, maybe I should call Rose. She probably wants an explanation.

"Probably." Spat Lily thinking of how mad her cousin was at the news.

"You think...Maybe...We still could work..."

"Scorpius I'm pregnant with you child, we went behind her back. She won't." Lily mumbled fiddling with her hair, shutting her eyes.

"I didn't mean for this to happen." He whined a tear slipping down his face.

"But it did."

"Lily you’re not helping!"

"Last time I checked Scorpius, I was pregnant and need help myself. Do you know how many times my parents have called me asking how could I do this to Rose? My whole family hates me!"

Scorpius silent stood up drawing the shades back and watched the sun set behind a distant hill; its golden rays reaching outward as if asking the sky for mercy. He was the sun, Rose the sky.

"I need time to think."

"By the time you think of anything the baby will be here and Rose will be over you. So get a grip." She shouted grabbing her coat and slinging her purse around her shoulders. Striding out she slammed the door shut causing a framed picture of Scorpius giving Rose a piggy back ride to fall from the wall shattering in a million pieces, modeling his heart.

Picking up his phone he feverishly dialed Rose's number, placing the phone to his ear he could feel his whole body quake with nerves at the sound of her voice.

"Hello." It was cold and raw.

"Rosie it's me Scorpius! Listen, we need to talk."

There was a murmur as Rose whispered to someone in the room, he knew it was Roxanne.

"Yes?" She inquired her own voice beginning to weaken.

"I'm really sorry. I never meant to do anything, it just happened. It didn't mean a thing. I just spoke to Lily one night and then it started to twist into regular meetings. We only had sex once I promise."

"She's pregnant Scorpius."

"I know."

"With your child."

"Ya."

"And how do you think I feel? You two betrayed me."

"Rose I love you..."

"You’re going to have to come up with a better excuse than that because I put my trust in you and you threw it away. When you can really think of something, call me, and maybe we can talk. If you really didn't mean it, why did you do it. Also when I called why did she answer?"

"Rosie, wait!" His cries were futile; he heard the gentle click and hung up himself. Running his hands through his hair he sat back on the coach, hating the unexpected.
Sign up to rate and review this story