Categories > Games > Final Fantasy 7 > RenoRufus Drabbles

31-40

by Rufus_Shinra4179 0 reviews

Drabbles revolving around the ShinRa people - mostly Reno and Rufus. :D

Category: Final Fantasy 7 - Rating: R - Genres: Angst,Humor - Characters: Reno,Rufus Shinra,Rude,Tseng,Elena - Published: 2008-11-23 - Updated: 2008-11-23 - 828 words - Complete

0Unrated
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Rufus looked between his secretary and her PC, noting that her face turned redder by the millisecond. “For both of our sakes, Gretchen, I’m going to wipe this moment and this image from my memory.” He shook his head and walked away. Gretchen meanwhile flopped down on her seat and set about removing the photo of an obviously drunk and very naked Rude from her desktop. She just KNEW Reno was to blame for this one. She was going to kill him…after she saved a copy of the file to her personal folder of course!

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Reno stared into the box then let out a snort. Obviously his partner was nuts. “Carrots? Why the hell would you bring carrots into my house? Not even one but a whole bunch of ‘em?” Rude of course merely gave his trademark smirk and started taking them out of the basket. “Big guy, you are even more fucked up than I am.” Rude gave this some thought. He was about to agree when his mind strayed to the whole Reno/Rufus fiasco. “Not even close, partner.” Reno sighed and got them both a beer.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Rufus shook his head in wonder as he looked at the red-headed Turk. “I can only describe your actions using one word – Bold.” He sighed. “Reno, what possessed you to do it?” Reno smirked. “It was fun, boss.” That was why Reno was still a Turk – despite having risked his life and indeed limb – he could pass off the horrific events that occurred to him as ‘fun’. Rufus thought him entirely amazing even now.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

It was entirely unfair that his stomach should flip that way just because he was watching Reno eat the damn Popsicle. Damn it, he was trying to be a good man – it hardly seemed fair that his attention could be so easily snagged from important planet-saving work - especially as Reno was so clearly a lady’s man. At least someone was listening to his silent pleas – Reno moved from his line of vision. It was so much easier to concentrate when he couldn’t see him.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

It was during one of the many long and incredibly boring progress meetings with the W.R.O. that he realised that perhaps his attraction for Reno was reciprocated after all. Playing footsy with the President under the table definitely couldn’t be unintentional after all – it definitely couldn’t be called subtle either.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Reno kicked his desk before slumping into his chair with a heavy sigh. He’d hoped for a more positive reaction to his ‘subtle’ approach. He was just tired of wondering if it was possible that perhaps his boss might just like him after all. The cold look on Rufus’ face though as he made eye contact with him told him all he needed to know. Once he’d finished explaining his report to Reeve’s satisfaction he got up and took up his previous position at the back of the room.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

It came as no surprise when he was summoned to Rufus’ office half an hour after the meeting. He was definitely in deep shit! He made his way inside but made sure to hide any signs of vulnerability as he entered the office. It came as quite a surprise therefore to find himself shoved up against the wall “Congratulations, Reno – for being the most irritating member of staff…” The rest of what was said was lost to him as he was kissed very soundly indeed.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Rude stared blankly at the lemon. In fact he was so confused by the fact that his partner had handed it to him that he hadn’t just lowered his shades but removed them completely. He finally cast his glance over to the red-head. It’s a true testament to the strength of their friendship that Reno was still alive and unbroken after stating that, “I just thought you’d look better as a blonde, dude – lemon juice lightens the hair.”

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Even though he knew that he should be listening to what Tseng was saying, he couldn’t quite make his concentration stay on the older man – even though what Tseng had to say was important, he couldn’t stop his gaze returning to their boss. He just couldn’t believe that the man he’d always known to be so active was trapped in that damn wheelchair.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Rufus took a drink from the scotch his father had saved for something or other as he sorted through the old man’s possessions. There was something strange about them but he couldn’t work out quite what. It was only when Reno came to help him that he realised what it was: There wasn’t a single thing relating to his own son in anything he owned…he didn’t know why that should hurt when it only confirmed what he’d already known.
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sign up to rate and review this story