Categories > Games > Final Fantasy 7 > RenoRufus Drabbles

41-50

by Rufus_Shinra4179 0 reviews

Reno/Rufus Drabbles...there is actually a story thread running through this.

Category: Final Fantasy 7 - Rating: R - Genres: Angst,Humor - Characters: Reno,Rufus Shinra,Rude,Elena,Tseng - Published: 2008-11-23 - Updated: 2008-11-23 - 1146 words - Complete

0Unrated
Phinneaus ShinRa peered down at the boy sitting on the chair in front of his desk. He sighed heavily as he stared at his son, taking in his appearance in a second, discarding it just as quickly. “You obviously take after your mother in looks.” He frowned as he noted a smile growing on Rufus’ face. “Don’t for a moment think that’s a good thing, boy! People will think you’re weak – certainly if you take after her, you WILL be weak. I only hope that you at least take after me when it comes to business. Otherwise you will be a complete embarrassment. Try not to disappoint me any further, boy.” Rufus lowered his head to hide the hurt – he’d just lost her mother, now it seemed his father had chosen to abandon him also.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Rufus smiled as he accepted his diploma. He’d graduated from school at last and now hopefully, he would be allowed to go back home. He missed…well, he didn’t really miss anyone because the people that mattered were there today – Tseng, Reno and Rude – plus they’d brought with them the newest recruit. The blonde woman that seemed to have a crush on Tseng. He wondered idly how Tseng felt about that – would he be more relaxed about it if Phinneaus weren’t the evil sort of bastard that would use such an attachment in some way to his own advantage? No, he didn’t miss them because they were here often for him but, he missed being around people he actually trusted, that he could relax around. This was HIS fault. If President ShinRa wouldn’t allow him back now, then he decided that President ShinRa must die – by whatever means necessary!

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Rufus watched neutrally as some female ran out of his room, screaming about how his superiority would one day get him in trouble and he’d be sorry. He wondered about that for some time. Was it really so wrong to feel better than most? He was ShinRa after all – it’s not like he was a penniless man on the streets. Why SHOULDN’T he feel better than the average person? After a while though, he stopped worrying about it. He hadn’t really turned her down because he was better than her. He’d turned her down for the simple reason that he wasn’t attracted to her. To make herself feel better, she’d tried to make him feel bad. He refused to do that – he felt bad enough thanks to the man who called himself his father.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Wasn’t it a bit of a cliché to blame how he was now on how his father had been to him in childhood? He supposed it was but the facts remained the same – his father had made him feel worthless, ugly, an embarrassment, someone in fact who would only have friends due to who his father was…and so he’d gone out of his way to prove that he was not what Phinneaus though. Not at all. He’d worked hard and done everything asked of him – all the while keeping people at a distance so that he couldn’t be used. It was only now as he stared at his father’s things and realised that he didn’t matter that he realised that he really couldn’t have done anything to embarrass his father. He simply didn’t matter enough. It gave him a small amount of comfort to know that despite his best efforts, a select few people had managed to see the real him under his icy exterior…and after all, who but the Turks really mattered to him?

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Rufus considered then poked the latest addition to his collection – Every time Reno went on a bender, he left something on his desk for whatever reason that went through the redhead’s mind at the time. This time it was a red and green gnome. “Reno, you are the strangest person I know.” As he was alone, he allowed himself a small smile as he put the gnome away carefully with the rest of his presents.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Only when he was in his own space did he risk making the calls – he’d gone to great lengths to ensure that no matter how talented a person was, there wouldn’t be any possibility of tracing the calls back to him. Seriously though, who would really even consider him a possibility of funding the operation that he hoped would take the current President out of the picture? After all, on paper at least – and indeed any functions he was obliged to attend – he was the perfect son…just as Phinneaus was the perfect father. He could wait. He just KNEW that Avalanche would achieve their – and his – goal soon.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Reno shook his head in wonder as he looked at Elena. “How do you come up with this stuff?” The smile she gave him made her look much more innocent and sweet than she had probably ever been. “Why it’s nothing but pure talent, Reno. Aren’t all Turks special in their own way?”

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

As he registered the tone his boss used as he spoke, Reno flinched almost imperceptibly. “If memory serves SIR, you didn’t use to mind how I dressed as long as I got the job done – and I do get the job done.” Rufus glared and shook his head. “Well, Turk…those days are long gone. We have an image to uphold and as such you WILL follow the dress code to the letter or you can find another job. It’s that simple.” After turning his slightly stunned gaze on his former lover, Reno lowered his head. His voice when he spoke was neutral but still Rufus imagined he could hear a trace of hurt. “As you wish, Sir. May I go?” Only when Reno left did Rufus relax once more – the Turk had wanted distance between them, that’s what he was going to give him. Even if it killed him to do so.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Tseng raised a brow as he looked at Elena. “So, care to demonstrate that manoeuvre that you and Reno were discussing? Elena purred and moved closer to him. “I KNEW you could read my mind.” She kissed him soundly then proceeded to do just that.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

When Rufus was actually in the building, he had to go to the meetings his father did. As a whole they were interesting and informative but he frequently found himself tuning out when Phinneaus started rambling on about things that were of no real significance. Reno fortunately, was usually sitting beside him and ready with a game of hangman or noughts and crosses. The President was too busy talking to ever notice.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sign up to rate and review this story