Categories > Games > Final Fantasy 7 > RenoRufus Drabbles

51-60

by Rufus_Shinra4179 0 reviews

Reno/Rufus drabbles featuring the other Turks too of course.

Category: Final Fantasy 7 - Rating: R - Genres: Angst,Romance - Characters: Reno,Rufus Shinra,Yazoo,Kadaj - Published: 2008-11-23 - Updated: 2008-11-23 - 865 words - Complete

0Unrated
Sometimes when Kadaj dreams, he doesn’t dream of Mother. He thinks it should upset him but it doesn’t. He sees instead flashes of another man’s life and he feels comforted (if a little sad). It’s good to remember that others don’t have this sense of urgency in their lives relating to only one thing. Strangely after these dreams, he always wakes with a craving for Banora Whites.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Reno felt pain slice through him as he turned to look at Rufus and realised he wasn’t there – hadn’t been in bed for some time if the cold sheets were an indication. In fact, all that remained to tell him that the night hadn’t been a dream was one blonde hair lying in the indent his head had made on the other pillow.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

“Sorry Reno, we had a vote and it was unanimous. Whether you like it or not, you’ve been chosen – you’re going to be the Turks’ pilot.”

Reno smiled to himself as he remembered the long-ago conversation with Veld. How angry he’d been when he’d first got the news…he found it hard to fathom now though – flying gave him such an incredible sense of freedom. Only one thing would be needed to make it a slice of heaven. Sadly that was definitely out of his reach now. He cast a glance over at the blonde in question and let out a heavy sigh.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Rufus steadied himself as he stood looking out of the window at Reno and Rude as they sparred outside in the freezing cold. He should really be resting but he needed this – needed the reminder that there were moments worth fighting this exhausting disease to see, if not actively participate in.

Just watching Reno move caused a smile to form on his lips. He truly was poetry in motion.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Rufus sighed tiredly and brushed his hair off his face. He wished that there were someone he could talk to about everything that was going on but of course there wasn’t. At least in the past, he could have talked to Reno but given that he was the cause of the problems, that wasn’t an option. Besides, they were hardly speaking any more as it was. He dropped his head into his hands and let out a heavy sigh: First his mother, then Dark Nation and now Reno too was gone from him. What was the point? No doubt in a week or two, Reno would have found a new conquest and what had been between them would be long forgotten.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

In a moment of pure desperation, he opened the cabinet that housed the drunken gifts Reno had left for him. He took out the gnome and placed it down carefully in front of him on the desk. He then sat down again and just stared at it for a moment. “You’re not him but, you’ll have to do: I miss him. Memories are not enough…”

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Yazoo sighs as he looks at his brothers. “Loz, we’ve already seen what happens when you threaten Rufus. Absolutely nothing! We need something else – something better...” His attention was caught by their younger brother standing up, a surprisingly content smile on his face considering the circumstances. “Oh don’t worry. I have the perfect idea: We threaten his world..!”

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

As he considered his next move, he wondered if in years to come, his Turks would describe his last action as brave or stupid. Shame he wouldn’t get the chance to find out – no matter what way he looked at it, he was about to die. If nothing else though, he could stop Kadaj summoning again and further destroying his city. He took a deep breath and stood up on legs that felt (even if they didn’t look) shaky and let Kadaj note the box in his hand.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

The day that Rufus found himself behind the controls of the helicopter and actually flying it thanks to the tutelage of his favourite Turk, he felt an incredible sense of freedom and peace. He spared a moment to cast a glance over at Reno who seemed happy enough with what he was doing. “I don’t think I’ve felt this…peaceful…since I was an infant. Before my mother…” He sighed and shook his head. He still didn’t like to talk about it. Reno understood though, he reached out and patted his shoulder. That was all that was needed between them.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Tseng felt his patience fraying. He’d heard a lot of good and bad things about Reeve in his time but the man certainly didn’t live up to the legend – well the bad, maybe. He sighed and rubbed at his forehead. “I can assure you, Reeve that everything you need is right here. It would be a very bad way to run a business if we were unable to complete such a basic task. Why don’t you check the index? You will find what you’re looking for.” And I won’t have to kill you.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sign up to rate and review this story