Categories > Original > Horror

Silenced

by masquerade37 0 reviews

Amelia has only minutes left to live. Her uncertainty and preperation had at least allowed her to come to terms with the end, but nothing prepared her for the means of her death.

Category: Horror - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Fantasy,Horror,Sci-fi - Warnings: [?] - Published: 2008-11-26 - Updated: 2008-11-27 - 916 words - Complete

0Unrated
From somewhere in the depths of the small concrete building you could hear a girl scream. One high, piercing note, it only sounded for a moment and was silenced.

The walls of the room where Amelia sat were coated with a thin layer of blood which would have been sickening to look at, had there been any light to see with. The floor had an inch thick of the repulsive, thick liquid. The constant touch made Amelia cringe every time she shifted her weight and heard and felt the blood move and ripple around her.

There had been more girls there that day, or night, it was next to impossible to tell anymore. They had all been taken. Come and gone since Amelia had been there. Three had come today and been taken immediately. The last girl, Charrise, had only been thirteen.

Amelia had been here for what seemed like days. She did not know what fate awaited her. The screams of the others had been enough to spark her imagination. Of course the screams hadn’t lasted very long, so maybe it would be a quick death. No suffering. One final moment of terror and then it would be over.

Amelia thought as she often did about the people who would certainly be worrying for her now. Her parents, Caroline and Paul. They were always there for her, her mom was practically one of her best friends. Her dad was her rock. He was always there. Her sisters, Lisa, Naomi, and Blyth. They were her best friends. Especially Blyth. Blyth was her twin, and she was always there for her when she needed it. She was there when Tyler, her boyfriend broke up with her in hopes that Blyth would be his girlfriend instead. Bad news for him. She was there when Alex, her best friend, hung himself to death because his parents rejected him for being gay. She was there when Anna got taken to the asylum for trying to kill her step father who had been abusing her. Blyth would miss her the most.

She wondered about Kelsey, Alison, and Michael. Liam and Riley. Vinnie and Lyla. All her best friends, who had been there in the worst of times with Blyth.

Another scream was let out before it was silenced. Amelia vaguely wondered how long she had left.

She thought about how they would kill her. There hadn’t been a gun shot. So she wouldn’t be shot. Maybe they’d cut her throat. Maybe they’d drown her. Maybe they’d chop her up with an axe or something. There were so many options, she wondered which was right.

Soft heel clicks began to get louder as someone walked down a hall to reach the room where she sat in her pool of blood. She knew it was her time, there was no one else in the room.

The door creaked open, ever so ominously. A man clad in a black cloak appeared in the door way. He took three wide strides into the dark room and took Amelia by the shoulders. He dragged her into the hallway. There were lights lining the hall and Amelia could finally see his face. He must have only been eighteen. A long wide scar stretched from his right eye to the corner of his jaw. It was a pale pink, quite old. His dark brown eyes were knowing and apologetic. His bright pink full lips quivered like he wanted to say something, but he looked away. He pulled her down the hallway. She had no strength to try to walk or even to fight, she just wanted it to be over.

He threw open a door before them, whispered, “I’m so sorry” in her ear and hauled her in.

The room was lit by torches, all around the round wall. A balcony of people who looked upon her who seemed to be wearing masks resembling all manner of strange fantastical beings. Horns, red skin, blue skin, ice blue eyes, black eyes, sunken faces, to name a few of the sights she took in before noticing what lay before her.

She stared head on into an ominous black hole. The man put her in the center of the circle and paced backwards several wide strides. He fell to his knees and faced his palms upward. The audience did the same, all eyes watched the hole.

The man behind her whispered a plea to the ceiling. “Let this quench his thirst, let this quench his thirst, let this quench his thirst, let this…”

/Slam/. Amelia looked into the hole where the sound issued from. Three consecutive slams followed and then she saw it.

A dinner plate sized pair of crimson eyes, bordered by what looked like an electrical current, emerged followed by a great head surrounded by a flame red mane, a lion’s body, a dragon’s neck and head growing from between the shoulders. When the body had completely emerged its unique tail emerged. Two great purple serpents writhed behind the beast hissing and looking at her with glowing green eyes.

It approached her in the center of the circle, the man behind her saying, “Let this quench his thirst, let this quench his, thirst, let this quench his thirst…”

Outside the building could be heard somewhere in the depths of a small concrete building a girl’s scream. One high, piercing note, it only sounded for a moment and was silenced.
Sign up to rate and review this story