Categories > Books > Harry Potter

Precious Innocence

by Snaperocks 2 reviews

Category: Harry Potter - Rating: PG-13 - Genres:  - Characters: Dumbledore,Harry,Hermione,Ron,Voldemort - Warnings: [!] - Published: 2008-12-06 - Updated: 2008-12-06 - 1053 words

1Moving
It was twilight and Death Eaters had broken through the wards of Hogwarts. Members of the Order, the DA, and various other sixth and seventh years were standing in front of them, intending to defend their school with their lives. All at once, the Death Eaters parted and Voldemort made his ‘dramatic’ entrance to the front of his army. He stood there for a moment, smirking, before he spoke.

“My, my, my, Dumbledore. Where is your precious hero? He is usually right beside you.” He mocked.

“You know exactly what happened to that little traitor, Tom. He met the same fate as the rest of your Death Eaters will.” Dumbledore thundered. He did not like being reminded of Harry Potter. He betrayed them all by killing Ginny Weasley. At the trial the brat had the nerve to shout that he was innocent after all the proof they had. That alone made him want to hit him.

Voldemort laughed.

“Yes, I do know what happened to him, but you call him a traitor? No, no Dumbledore. Potter never betrayed you. Amazing what a bit of Polyjuice Potion can achieve, isn’t it?”

Dumbledore felt his blood chill at that statement.

“What are you saying Tom?” He asked, surprised at how steady his voice remained.

“Potter didn’t kill the Weasley girl. In fact, he was, shall we say, asleep at the time dear Bellatrix disposed of her. I couldn’t have him interfering in my plans again, now could I?”

“No.” Albus whispered in horror.

“The child trusted you with his life and would have died for any of you. He never gave you a reason not to trust him and you all failed him. All that it took was a tiny bit of Polyjuice and a well placed sleeping spell to frame him and you all fell for it. He woke up to find that his only friends and family betrayed him and left him to suffer until he was dead.”

Everyone was staring in horror at Voldemort, unable to comprehend that the child, who’s life had been destroyed and had been dead for two years, was even more innocent than any of them will ever be.

“Poor, sweet, precious, innocent little Harry was sent to Azkaban for supposedly killing one of his own family and was left to face his worst fears over and over again. Did you know that he has no idea how to cast any of the Unforgivable Curses. He screamed louder than any of them. He didn’t have his brother to comfort him after the dementors left or he woke up screaming from nightmares and visions. No one was there to tell him that it wasn’t real and that he was safe with his family.”

Voldemort paused in his mockery to look over the faces of the devastated crowd before him. His gaze settled on Ron, who was sobbing quietly with guilt.

“Do you feel that you have avenged your sister now Ronald Weasley? She never needed you. She could look after herself. She put up a good fight, but she shouldn’t have been wandering outside after dark. Yet you abandoned your baby brother. He was the youngest in your year wasn’t he? He was everyone’s baby and he was smaller than all of the first years. I don’t think I’ve ever seen a fourteen year old that was that small.”

He paused to observe the crying redhead thoughtfully.

“He was crying and screaming for you. The mudblood too.”

He smirked and looked at Hermione, who was crying beside Ron.

“His death was horribly drawn out. He might have survived longer than a few months but he was sick and barely got any food or water. He died of a fever and his body was thrown into the sea. It took a while for my Death Eaters to find but we managed.”

More sobbing started when the light supporters learned that Harry’s tiny, fragile body had been carelessly thrown into the sea. Who knew what kind of condition it would be in.

“Anyway Dumbledore, we thought you might want this back.”

A Death Eater from the crowd moved forward and held out a small bundle in his arms. Voldemort took it from the Death Eater and turned back to Dumbledore, glee and satisfaction covering his snake face. He walked forward and gently put the bundle on the ground at Dumbledore’s feet and uncovered Harry Potter’s lifeless body.

“I must offer my congratulations, Dumbledore,” he sneered, “You have done what I have failed to do. His blood is on your hands.”

Voldemort let out a high, mirthless, chilling laugh and disapparated with his Death Eaters in tow.

Dumbledore stumbled forward and dropped to his knees next to the tiny body. He didn’t look up when Ron ran and albeit fell sobbing over his baby brother’s body. He couldn’t. He was too busy brushing Harry’s ebony hair from his forehead as though he were a precious antique china doll. The headmaster’s tears joined Ron’s and they both fell onto Harry’s face.

Suddenly, Harry’s previously lifeless body jolted and he began to choke, gasp, and cry.

“HARRY!” Ron yelled desperately.

Albus waved his wand in panic to heal Harry’s water-damaged lungs and though he had stopped choking, he continues to cry and gasp for air weakly. Ron cradled the little boy in his arms and whispered comforting words in his ear. Harry soon gained enough of his strength to cling to Ron’s robes and sob into them.

Dumbledore motioned for everyone to go inside and turned back to the crying child. Ron was unable to move anywhere as he was bordering on hysteria, so Dumbledore put a mild sleeping spell on him and gently pulled Harry into his arms.

At first Harry wailed loudly at being pulled away from the only comfort he had until the Headmaster wrapped his body in a fleece blanket that was charmed to give off heat, and rocked him while whispering reassurances to him. Dumbledore stood up carefully and levitated Ron’s sleeping form in front him as he headed back towards the castle’s hospital wing with the tiny crying child in his arms.
Sign up to rate and review this story