Categories > Comics > Fables > The Patchwork Quilt

[025] Strangers -- Strangers in a Strange Land

by Mollyscribbles 0 reviews

Fabletown's most vital law

Category: Fables - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama - Published: 2006-03-15 - Updated: 2006-03-16 - 249 words

0Unrated
"Beware of strangers, stay wary of the beast you don't know." The message was taught and learned throughout the Homelands, either through practice or theory.

Not always did the message strike true, as Beauty and Beast were still in love, though squabbling, centuries later. And the wolf who was treated with fear and hatred proved himself to be more loyal and helpful than the prince all would welcome with open arms.

Even so, properly aimed, the message was treated with more relevance than ever in this new land. Snow White knew this better than most, and had not held back in the slightest in the debate when Fabletown's laws were decreed; no resistance was shown, as all saw the vital reason why they could not allow their nature to become known to the mundane people of this world.

She had walked through the streets of New Amsterdam many times before this. She saw that, by and large, it was a city like so many others in the Homelands, simply. . . well, mundane.

These strangers were nothing to fear, it was clear enough. The local population seemed content enough to keep to themselves. They'd need to keep up with changes in fashion, little details like that in order to remain inconspicuous. Be aware of, but not fear, these strangers.

The same could largely be applied to those within Fabletown itself, all but a few being complete strangers to her, and trust would need to be earned. Well. It was a start.
Sign up to rate and review this story