Categories > Celebrities > Panic! At The Disco

You're Beautiful

by demolition_funeral 5 reviews

Rydon songfic. Based off James Blunt's 'You're Beautiful'. One-shot.

Category: Panic! At The Disco - Rating: G - Genres: Angst,Drama,Romance - Warnings: [?] - Published: 2008-12-10 - Updated: 2008-12-10 - 1447 words - Complete

1Ambiance
Disclaimer: I don’t own anything. If I did, it wouldn’t be called fiction, would it? Based on the song, ‘You’re Beautiful’ by James Blunt.

~~~




My life is brilliant…


He ran through the subway, hurrying past the people waiting to board the train. Brendon was rather early for his train to New York; he’d gotten a job in advertising there. He held his bags close as he slipped through the crowd to Platform 15, where a number of people were already waiting.

My life is brilliant, my love is pure. I saw an Angel, of that I’m sure…

Brendon saw him. A face among the strangers on the platform. He was beautiful in Brendon’s eyes; from his soft brown hair to his golden eyes, glinting in the dim light of the subway. Wearing just a simple combination of a sweater, jeans, a scarf and hat, he was the most perfect person Brendon had ever seen. Almost like an angel. Brendon’s heart pounded in his chest at the sight of him.

He smiled at me on the subway; he was with another man…

Then, Brendon’s heart stopped as the nameless boy turned towards him. The boy smiled, an honest smile, not like the fake or pitiful ones Brendon saw everyday. This was a real smile. And it was for him. Their eyes locked for a few moments; chocolate brown and honey, just looking into each other’s.

But I won’t lose no sleep on that, ‘cause I’ve got a plan…

Then, the boy looked away and the moment was gone. Brendon watched as he walked up to a taller boy and gave him a smile and a hug. Brendon’s face fell at seeing this, but he couldn’t help but feel a little hopeful. The smile was imprinted in his mind forever; he would never forget.

You’re beautiful, you’re beautiful. You’re beautiful, it’s true…

Brendon stared at the boy in wonder. He really was beautiful. He seemed so unreal, yet was right in front of Brendon. More people flooded the subway as Brendon stood, frozen by a single smile. His thoughts swirled. Why was he feeling so strongly for a complete stranger?

I saw your face, in a crowded place. And I don’t know what to do…

Somebody accidentally pushed Brendon, causing him to fall down on the cement floor. He winced, rubbing his back. The man grunted a sorry and went off, not even helping Brendon up.

‘Cause I’ll never be with you…

“Oh my… are you alright?” Brendon heard a voice from above him. He looked up and there was the face of the boy. The beautiful boy with the golden eyes. He was looking at Brendon with worry clouding his eyes.

Yes, he caught my eye, as I walked on by…

“Yeah, m’fine,” stumbled Brendon, staring at the boy’s face. He blinked and wondered, was this really happening? Was Brendon actually talking to this perfect stranger that made his head and heart erupt in peculiar emotions?

He could see from my face that I was, flying high…

He reached out his hand to grab Brendon’s. As soon as their fingers connected, Brendon felt a spark of energy, making him gasp in surprise. He glanced up at the boy’s face, which had the same expression as his. It was one of confusion, surprise and something else that Brendon couldn’t place.

And I don’t think that I’ll see him again…

The boy snapped back to his senses and realized Brendon was still on the floor. Pulling him up, he smiled again. “I’m Ryan.”

Brendon brushed himself off, grinning as well. “I’m Brendon. So, where ya headed today?” Ryan looked at his watch and sighed, brushing his long bangs out of his eyes.

“New Jersey. I’d rather stay here, in Vegas though.”

But we shared a moment that will last till the end…

Brendon’s heart dropped to the pit of his stomach on hearing Ryan’s statement. So they had just met and had no time at all to get to know each other better. He looked down and saw they were still holding hands. Ryan looked down as well, releasing his hand immediately and blushing.

“Sorry ‘bout that, Brendon,” mumbled Ryan, sending him a weak smile. It wasn’t like the one he’d given Brendon earlier, but it was still enough to make him melt inside.

You’re beautiful, you’re beautiful. You’re beautiful, it’s true…

“It’s okay,” said Brendon shakily. He wasn’t sure what to do now, talk? Just stand there? He urged his brain to come up with something, but Ryan had beaten him to it.

I saw your face, in a crowded place. And I don’t know what to do…

“Brendon?” asked Ryan, shifting uneasily. “You-You know when we kinda… when our hands touched, did you feel something?” Brendon froze. So Ryan had felt it too. He nodded slowly, keeping his eyes glued to Ryan’s. He had beautiful features, almost feminine, which only made him stand out more against the crowd.

‘Cause I’ll never be with you…

“Y-Yeah, it sort of felt like… like,” said Brendon, trying to find the right word for what he’d felt. He frowned, thinking hard, when it all clicked. He looked at Ryan slowly and his eyes held the key to what he’d been feeling the whole time.

“… Like we were soul mates,” finished Ryan softly. He reached out his hand, palm up; Brendon too, and when their hands came together, both felt it again. The surge that went through their skin and warmed them inside. It was surreal.

You’re beautiful, you’re beautiful. You’re beautiful, it’s true…

Leaning in, Brendon and Ryan’s lips gently brushed, but only for mere seconds. It was slow and sweet, something that Brendon had always dreamt of, but had never found until today. It was a moment that would last till the end.

There must be an Angel, with a smile on her face…

Reluctantly pulling away, the two looked at each other with stunned looks on their faces. Brendon’s fingers went to his lips, feeling the spot where Ryan had kissed him. He opened his mouth to say something, but was interrupted by the sound of a voice blaring over the speakers.

“All passengers boarding the train to New York, please depart now.”

When she thought up that I should be with you…

Ryan looked at Brendon with sad eyes. Brendon wished he could make things better and stay with Ryan or even go with him to Jersey, but he couldn’t leave behind his family and friends. Apparently Ryan thought the same, as he said, “I guess… this is goodbye then.”

Brendon nodded, sorrow apparent in his voice. “It is.” He grabbed Ryan’s hands and stared straight into his eyes. “Will we ever meet again?”

He saw a stray tear make its way down Ryan’s cheek as he replied, “We may, or may not.” They shared one last kiss, holding each other impossibly close.

“I know we just met, but I feel like we’ve known each other our whole lives,” whispered Brendon into Ryan’s ear. Ryan nodded, pulling away. Brendon brushed his hand against Ryan’s face, smiling sadly. “You’re beautiful. And it’s true.”

Ryan laughed softly. “My life is brilliant because of you.”

But it’s time to face the truth…

Stepping away from Ryan, Brendon slipped his hand out of Ryan’s hold and smiled. “Will you remember me?” The train started to slowly jerk forward, but Brendon remained standing where he was, waiting for the other boy to answer.

“Always,” said Ryan over the loud rumble of the train. Brendon waved and knew today would linger forever in his memories.

“Smile for me one last time, Ryan?” shouted Brendon as the train picked up motion. Ryan ran with the train, sending Brendon a beaming smile, full of hope. Hope, that they would meet once more.

“I love you!” yelled Ryan at the top of his lungs, not caring about the dozens of others in earshot. He stopped running as the train reached the corner.

“I love you too!” yelled back Brendon, the last thing he saw being the beautiful boy’s smile as the train was enveloped in darkness. And he knew, he just knew, that one day his dreams would be answered yet again. Brendon will see Ryan, of that he was sure.

I will never be with you…

~

FIN
Sign up to rate and review this story