Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > It's Called Break-up 'Cuz We're Broken

Is it too soon to say perfect?

by NotWavingButDrowning 1 review

The things we do for love.

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Angst,Drama - Characters: Bob Bryar,Frank Iero,Gerard Way,Mikey Way,Ray Toro - Published: 2008-12-15 - Updated: 2008-12-16 - 943 words

1Original
As the last notes faded away and the lights snapped off, ending the show, Frank Iero rode out the high he felt. He walked off stage as the crowd continued to roar. He passed his guitar to a tech and immediately felt her arms around his waist, her lips whispering next to his ear. “Perfect.”

He spun around in her grasp to face her. “You are.”

She smiled softly. Frank felt a tap on his shoulder. Turning he saw the guys waiting in a circle. He slipped an arm around her shoulders and led her over the where the band was waiting. Gerard looked briefly at each of them in turn.

“It’s been a crazy couple of years, hasn’t it?” he asked quietly. The date was September 11th, 2016. Exactly 15 years since the tragedy that inspired their careers. The perfect date for the last My Chemical Romance show ever.

The six of them stood in a circle. Gerard, at 39, was still strikingly handsome. He looked older now, but he bore his age with the acquired grace of a man who has lived a full life. To his left Mikey still looked the baby of the group. Ray, who's hair refused to be tamed by age, stood next to Mikey, and Bob on his left.

Gerard was still speaking. “I want to thank you guys for the best years of my life. To our lovely tour manager, Sara, a huge thanks. When Brian left we weren’t sure how everything would play out. You were more than we could ever have hoped for. More than we deserved.”

Mikey rolled his eyes playfully. “Don’t mind him, I think my big brother’s about to cry.”

Gerard smiled. “It’s the last show, I think I’ve earned the right to cry.”

Frank laughed, but truthfully he wasn’t paying much attention. His emotions had led is mind elsewhere. This was it, the day he’d feared since the moment the band got together. This was the end. This was the last show of the last tour. There was nothing else. But strangely he wasn’t as sad as he thought he’d be. Fifteen years was a good run. They were now closer than ever. It was a good way to end. Besides he wouldn’t really be giving it all up completely. He’d been asked to tour manage a couple new bands, so he’d be out on the road again soon. He felt Sara lean in closer to him. They were engaged now. It’d taken him long enough, after losing Jamia (right around the same time Mikey lost Alicia), to learn to love again, but Sara had taught him how. He was happy, despite this ending.

Tomorrow My Chem would be no more. It was late, and they were all spending one last night together at a hotel, but in the morning Gerard and Mikey were flying home to Jersey, Bob to Chicago, Sara to California, and he and Ray would take care of the finishing touches on the tour. All her things were already in Jersey, she just needed to go home to finalize the move.

Hugs were now going around the back stage area, as the reality began to dawn on everyone that they would not be back again tomorrow to do this all over again. Sara turned to him.

“I’ll meet you at the hotel,” she whispered. He nodded. He needed to stay here just a little longer and soak up the last of this feeling. Slowly she walked away, followed eventually by the band and later the stage techs. Finally he was the only one left.

Slowly he stood up, took one last look around, then left this part of his life behind. Sure he would be back on tour again soon enough, but never again would he be the performer, always the observer.

The drive to the hotel was quick and relatively painless. He checked in at the front desk and was given a key and the room number of the room he and Sara would be sharing. He was so grateful to have her in his life. When Jamia had left him he was crushed. Eventually the wear of the road had driven them apart. For that reason he feared he would never find love again. Then he found Sara. She was on the road with them all the time and understood everything about life in a band. She was perfect.

He stepped off the elevator and made his way down the hall to his room. It was well past midnight and everything was deathly quiet. He figured she would be sleeping, so quietly he pulled out his key and approached the door. As he fit his key into the lock he heard voices from within. This in itself was not overly unusual. He figured the guys wouldn’t be able to sleep tonight. What got him, though, was what he saw when he opened the door.

Sara sat up quickly and scrambled to grab the sheets to cover herself. Next to her, with a guilty look on his face and lust in his eyes, was a naked Mikey Way.

Frank slammed the door and ran as his whole world fell apart.

Hey guys. This is just the intro, so give it a chance. It'll get deeper, I promise. For those of you who know my other writing, I'm trying something different this time. Woohoo. Well, thanks for reading. Oh, and if you recognize the title, I officially love you. To all, love you to pieces (don't make me make that literal).
Sign up to rate and review this story