Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > Sleepless in New York

What just happened?

by hotty7791 3 reviews

feaking out, fights and jealousy.

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Humor,Romance - Warnings: [?] - Published: 2008-12-18 - Updated: 2008-12-19 - 1146 words

0Unrated
Lindsey was pacing around her bedroom. "Would you stop it please? You're making me nervous just looking at you and I don't even have a date." Daryan got up and grabbed her shoulders bringing her over to sit on her bed.

"I just..." she trailed off. "I already told you this morning. I have no idea what I'm doing. That would freak me out even if he wasn't someone who has probably had his fair share of groupy sex." She rolled her eyes. "He's probably a walking STD. What the hell am I doing?" She looked at Daryan, vulnerability showing through her anxious eyes.

"You are finally going out with a guy who fits all your criteria. Hes hot, funny, totally into you and you're scared. I get it. But you need to let it go. If it work out it works out. If not then it doesn't. This is only your first date. Not every couple turns into your parents." With that she walked out of the room leaving Lindsey to get ready.

I am so lucky I have amazing friends. I don't know how I would manage without them. Not everyone ends up like my parents. I refuse to believe that. I'll just go out tonight and have fun because if anything, it will be a story to tell my grandkids..or well.. cats.

With a much more optimistic outlook on things, Lindsey began to get ready again, or atleast tried. "GUYS!" She screamed after a moment. All four girls ran into the room in a panic.

"What?! What's wrong?" Alex finally asked.

"I don't know what to wear!" Lindsey finally let out. "I have absolutely no idea what we're going." she stated in frustration.

"Hmm" Alex muttered as her and Miranda approached the closet. "Put this on." They proclaimed finally. Sighing in relief Lindsey threw the clothes on and looked at herself in the mirror. What they had picked out wasn't bad at all. Surprisingly she thought dryly. She ended up with a pair pf dark denim jeans with a dark purple silk top on. On her feet were a pair of black flats. It was practical yet cute at the same time. Perfect for dinner of walking or whatever Pete had planned for the night.

"Thank you guys so much" Lindsey exclaimed giving them all a hug. "I don't think I thank you enough and I really should."

After the outfit was taken care of the rest followed smoothly. Soon she was ready to go and waiting at the table with the other girls pretending to watch TV. Trying to act as if they weren't looking at the clock as often as Lindsey. "You know, you can all stop doing that. I know your all as anxious for this as I am." Lindsey said with a roll of her eyes. She was cut short as the doorbell rang. Everyone froze for half a second. Then there was a mad dash for the door. Daryan was the victor thanks to the years of basketball.

"Hi Pete!" She exclaimed happily. "You look quite dapper this evening." The other girls rolled her eyes at her.

"Dapper is not not quite the word for it Daryan, More like hot" Amanda muttered in a slightly jealous tone before she froze. "Wow um.. that was out loud wasn't it?" The girls just looked at her oddly while Pete laughed awkwardly.

"You look...stunning Lindsey." eying her appreciatively.

"All thanks to me." Miranda Piped up

"And me!" Alex added proudly.

"You know, you guys are absolutely amazing. Its so hard to find even one girl who has the brains and beauty and here I've somehow stumbled upon 5." Pete said with a chuckle. "Shall we go? Theres so much to do and so little time." He said with a wink. The girls snickered as their heads swung around to see how Lindsey would react to the innuendo after her almost nervous breakdown. However, their confident friend was finally back.

"I don't know what your plans were for tonight, but I'm only going for the free dinner and press. I still haven't had my 15 minutes of fame." She smirked at the look of panic on Pete's face. "Kidding, kidding. You know I'm only with you for your body, and I wasn't lying about the dinner too. Its not only a mans heart you get to through their stomach..." she trailed off pretending to be deep in thought. Pete caught onto the joke.

"Ha ha. You sure will keep me on my toes if nothing else won't you?" He laughed and turned back to the other girls as he grabbed Lindsey's hand.

"Be back at midnight! No later. You don't know what kind of freaks are out on the streets in yhe middle of the night here!" Daryan called out.

"Yes mom" Lindsey giggled as the door shut. Immediately the mood shifted in the room.

"Well then. They are cute together but. 20 bucks says that they don't make it." Amanda said as she wandered of to watch more TV. The others just turned to her in outrage.

"Why would you say something like that. She's your friend. You should be rooting for her not betting against her!" Daryan yelled.

"Well just look at her track record. She's never had a boyfriend, and every other guy thats liked her, she's just led on until they finally go so discouraged they just gave up. It just seems like such a waste of a perfectly good guy." Amanda stated with a slight sneer.

"Just because she doesn't jump at everything with a penis that talks to her doesn't mean she leads guys on. She's just nice. It's not her fault she has standards." Miranda spat. "And plus. You know exactly why she's never been in a relationship. You'd be the same way if you'd been through what she has." She finished.

"Oh boo hoo. Don't try that shit with me again. It can't possibly be that bad." Amanda said with a roll of her eyes. "You know what, I'm going to bed. Don't bother to wake me up when she gets in k? Oh and by the way, I'll be looking for a flight home tomorrow. New York just doesn't seem to be what I expected." With that final sentence, she strolled into her room and slammed the door.

Miranda was the first to break the stunned silence that had come over them. "OK, so what just happened?"


AN: Ok sorry everyone. I know its been awhile and because of that I may be writing slightly differently. Ill try to keep up the updates. I do want to finish this. Any plot suggestions are welcome beigns that I at this point have no idea where this id going. Review even if you don't though. Its always nice to hear what people think. Good or Bad.
Sign up to rate and review this story