Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > My number one goal in life

chapter 3

by sock_monkey 3 reviews

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: G - Genres: Angst - Published: 2008-12-20 - Updated: 2008-12-20 - 727 words

0Unrated
We got home about thirty minutes after my doctor left. The first thing I heard after coming in the door was the loud beeping of the answering machine. I hobbled over to it on my crutches and pressed the play button. There was about fifteen messages all from my friends.

They all summed up to the same thing, "Where are you?", "What's going on?", "When are you coming back?", "Are you okay?", and "Call me back as soon as you get this."

I guess the two weeks in the hospital without communication freaked them out. During the whole time I was at the hospital I wasn't allowed to call people so my friends didn't know what was going on.

"Maybe if you're feeling better you could call your friends and invite them to sleep over." my mother suggested to me with a look.

I knew that the look meant that I should invite them over and tell them about my cancer. I am feeling fine and I guess I might as well get it over with.

I picked up the phone and called my three best friends Molly, Luna, and Angela. Angela is the smartest of all of us. She stands at about 5'8 and has brown hair. Luna is the ditz in our group. Luna is blond, athletic, and is 6 feet tall. She is also the flirt in our group. she can get any guy she wants. Molly is probably the most normal, she is 5'6 and has red hair. I on the other hand am the crazy one.

It was difficult for me to get them off the phone without telling them why I was gone in the first place.

It was even worse when they started showing up at my house.

Angela was the first to arrive and as soon as she walked through the door she demanded that I tell her what was going on. After about twenty minutes I managed to persuade her to take her stuff up stairs to my room and then I would tell her when the others got here.

Lucky for me Molly and Luna got there right when Angela came downstairs. I herded them all up to my room and before I could even shut the door they were bombarding me with questions.

I had them all sit on my bed before I would even start talking.It was hard to find a good place to start.

How are you supposed to tell your best friends that you're dying?

"Well I have been at the hospital for the last two weeks." I started.

"Why? What happened?" Molly asked.

"Well I was walking and not paying attention to where I was going so of coarse I ran into the end table. I didn't bump it too hard but I felt a stabbing pain in my thigh. I got my mom to take me to the hospital and well as you can see I broke a bone." I said motioning to my cast and crutches.

"Well how did that little bump break your leg?" Angela asked.

They all had worried looks on their faces.

"Well that is why I was at the hospital for so long. The doctors couldn't figure it out until they did some blood tests. It turns out that I have Ewing's sarcoma. Ewing's sarcoma is a cancer of the bone. I have about eight months to live unless they can find someone with the same type of rare bone marrow as me. If they can then they will give me a bone marrow transplant that might save my life." I said.

By the time I got done explaining we were all crying our eye's out. They all gave me a group hug.

"Come on guys it's a sleep over we shouldn't be crying we should be having fun!" I said trying to lighten the mood.

"Should we be here? Are you feeling well enough to have a sleep over?" Angela asked.

"Guys I'm feeling alright and I plan on living life to the fullest until the day I die," I replied.

I had decided that I wouldn't let my cancer limit my life.

"Okay well I guess as long as your living life to the fullest then we should go to this Fall Out Boy concert that I have tickets to for tonight." Luna said.
Sign up to rate and review this story