Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > Assisted Revenge

Ch. 13 I'M NOT DEAD

by fobXmcrXpatdX 0 reviews

When something happens to Alicia, it feels like a nightmare is coming true for Brandon.

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: PG-13 - Genres:  - Published: 2009-01-01 - Updated: 2009-01-01 - 2321 words - Complete

0Unrated
Alicia POV

I wasn’t as though we were doing anything wrong. Britt and I were just hanging around. We were taking pictures with Britt’s new pink camera. A crapload of pics for FOE, Myspace, and Facebook.
It was a pretty much deserted street. Only the occasional car. Because of this, we were taking some pictures in the street. Silly pictures, serious pictures, we were taking them all.
It happened so suddenly. One moment I was ready for a picture in the street, then Britt removed the camera, her face alarmed, eyes wide.
Then it was all black.

Brandon POV
Britt and Alicia had gone out for the afternoon to take some pictures with Britt’s new camera. I smiled with a feeling that we’d be forced to pose for a picture later.
Right now, Shane and I were in the game room playing Super Smash Brothers Brawl for Wii. We were pretty evenly matched. I had kicked Shane’s ass in the last match, but now he was kicking mine. Keith was on the couch with Alicia’s laptop, working on an essay that was due the next day. He hadn’t even started. We all knew he’d be u[ till 3 AM tonight.
It was in the middle of the match and my phone started ringing. The fact that my phone was singing “Hum Hallelujah” told me who was calling.
“Hey, Pete,” I greeted, pausing the game as Shane left to grab a soda.
“Brandon, what the hell is going on?” was Pete’s reply.
“What do you mean?” I asked, puzzled.
“I just got a call from Britt and now an ambulance just flew past me.
I glanced at my phone screen. One missed call. Britt. A minute ago.
“I honestly have no clue-“
”She said she couldn’t reach you-“
“Yeah, I missed it. I really need to change the ringtone for Britt-“
“She said she-“
At that moment, Shane walked in, his phone up to his ear. His face was so alarmed and scared that all that Pete was saying to me at that moment didn’t register. Shane mouthed three words: Britt. Alicia. Hurt.
“Pete, Pete,” I interrupted, “Shane’s on the phone with Britt.”
”Okay,” He said, “Call me later and tell me what’s going on.”
”Right, sure.” I hung up and Shane handed me his phone.
“Brandon?” Britt’s voice was shaking.
“Britt, what’s going on? Pete just called me-“
”I know, I know. That’s not important.” She took a deep breath, “Brandon, Alicia was hit by a car.”
I couldn’t speak. Not another.
“The ambulance just came,” She continued, “They say she’ll be fine. Her arm is definitely broken, and something might be wrong with her leg.”
”Did, did they catch the driver?” I stuttered.
“No,” I could imagine her shaking her head, “But I got the liscense plate number with my camera. They think it was some crack pot driver. He whipped around the corner pretty fast.”
“Right,” My voice almost cracked, “Is she conscious?”
”Um, no,” Britt replied, “Did I mention? She lost a lot of blood.”
“Great.” Sarcasm.
“Yeah. We’re almost at the hospital. Grab Shane and Keith and meet us there.”
”Fine.”
I couldn’t believe. Someone else I loved, hit by a car.

Alicia POV

There was a faint mumbling above me. I couldn’t grasp the words through the darkness. As though someone turned a knob, the volume crescendoed. I could make out words.
“The doctor says she’ll be fine.”
”Then why hasn’t she woken up?”
I opened my eyes to a bright light.
“Happy?” I grumbled, “Now where the hell am I and what’s going on?”
My friends all exchanged looks.
“You got hit by a car,” Britt said carefully, “You broke your arm and twisted your leg. You lost a lot of blood.”
”That explains the weakness,” I mumbled.
The door opened a crack.
“Is she up yet?”
“Yeah, Pete, she’s fine.”
“Good.” Pete and Patrick walked in.
“What are you guys doing here?” I asked.
“We were concerned.” Patrick replied.
“Yeah, with Gabe and his cyst and you with this, who knows?” Pete added, “I thought I was getting unlucky.”
“Lucky for you, my voice isn’t damaged.”
“That too.” He grinned.
“So you guys are the only ones who came to party over my deathbed?”
“Um, no.” Pete said.
“Yeah, Paradise is coming.” Britt said. I giggled. That should be fun.
“Gabe wanted to come.” Pete mentioned.
“I’m sure he did,” I coughed (I’m sorry, I dearly am ^^)
“Gerard, Mikey, and Frank are going to stop by.” Brandon said, and I lightened up, “Alex, Jack, and them wanted to stop by, but they’re on tour.”
“I find it funny that you know me well enough to avoid the word ‘come’ or ‘cum.’” I laughed, “Aren’t TAI, WTK, and Hey Monday in Chicago tonight?”
“Um, no. That was yesterday.”
“WHAT?! I slept through the night?! They were here yesterday?!” I wanted to cry, I missed my label-mates. “
“They stopped by last night before the show.” Britt was careful again, “William told me to give you this.” She handed me a note.

Alicia-
Ha, bad time to drop dead. Figures, we miss you & then Britt calls us to your sickbed. Only you could get hit by a crack pot driver. Good job. Anyway, we’ll see you soon, hopefully. If you don’t die first.
Lots of Decaydance love,
Beckett, Sisky, Mike, the Butcher, Chizzy, Cassadee and the rest of Hey Monday, Travis (Not really Decaydance) and the rest of We The Kings.

I smiled. William had only signed it as “Beckett” because I had a thing about calling him Bilvy, William, or Beckett. I refused to call him Bill. Just like how I refused to call Gabe “Gabe.” Saporta, Saportapotty, Gabey, and other variations. But, from time to time, I would call him Gabe. With Beckett, I just plain out said no.
“God, I miss them so much,” I whispered, my fingers skimming over their signatures. “I can’t believe I missed them. Stupid crack addict.”
Suddenly, Britt’s phone rang. She responded with a few “mhmms,” and “okays.” She hung up.
“Speaking of your crack pot,” she said, “They caught him.”
“Really?” I painfully sat up.
“Yeah, and he really was a crackpot. Wanted in Ohio, Florida, and Illinois.” She said, “They wanted you at his trial, but given your condition-“
“Actually, she’ll probably be out by tomorrow,” Pete said, “Remember what the Doc told us, Patrick?”
“Regardless, they’ll live on my pics,” Britt winked after slapping Pete on the head. “I took some while you were sleeping. You look dead, I’m sure they’ll add nicely to the effect.”
“Hey, where’s the corpse?” The door creaked open as Gerard, Mikey, and Frank entered,
“Am I dead to everyone?” I asked.
“Oh, damn,” Frank’s face scrunched up, “She’s alive.”
“Just to torture you.” I stuck my tongue out at him.
I went to flick him off when I realized that my right arm was in a sling and my wrist was in, not a plaster (thank God), but a kinda flexible plastic cast.
“That’s a problem.” I said in disgust.
“It’ll be off within two months,” Pete recalled from his Doc talk, again, “But, since it’s your lower arm, they’ll let you take off the sling in two weeks.”
“Awesome.” I said with a twinge of sarcasm and a roll of my eyes.
Just then, Paradise ran into the room, punching my good arm.
“Where’s my dead retard?” she asked.
“I’M ALIVE, DAMMIT!” I yelled.
“Vampire,” Gee, Britt, and Frank coughed in unison.
“I wish.” I laughed.
“So, guess what?” Paradise grinned, “Rico killed you!”
”Howw…?” I asked, not sure if I wanted to know.
“We were talking about the person most likely to kill themselves and he said you were more likely to get hit by a car than intentionally do anything that would harm yourself in the slightest. Then my phone rang and I tried to break his face. Liz intervened.”
“Nice job, Rico!”
“That’s what I said when I got the call.”
“Tell that idiot not to make anymore death predictions.”
“I will…” Paradise said thoughtfully, obviously drifting somewhere else, “I punched him before I left.”
”Lovely!” I cheered.
“Where’s Keith?” Paradise looked around, “He hasn’t made any obnoxious comments yet.”
”Must…finish…essay…” he droned.
“We skipped school today,” Brandon explained on my other side, holding my hand, “So that gave him an extra day. Of course, he’s still panicking.”
“Hmmm, you want me to proofread?” Paradise offered.
“YES!” Keith said, “I just finished the first draft. Pleasee edit.” He handed her my laptop.
“I’ll warn you, Paradise is a grammar Nazi.” I said. Paradise grinned, then grimaced.
“Your grammar sucks.” She said, disgusted.
“Told ya!” I laughed as Keith’s face fell.
The rest of the night consisted of Paradise picking apart Keith’s grammar and everyone else, including me, playing Scrabble. They promised to bring me my iPod, Nintendo, and Sketchbook before they went to school. Paradise would be staying at the orphanage in my bed, she’d be my company tomorrow while everyone else was gone. The rest of Assisted Revenge couldn’t miss school (lucky me, Brandon and Britt were getting my homework for me), Pete and Patrick had work (and Pete had to be with the baby, I hadn’t seen Bronx personally yet), but Gee, Mikey, and Frank would help Paradise keep me company.
Then, I’d get out at the end of the day.
FREEDOM!
That night, before sleep, wasn’t much fun. I begged them to drug me for a dreamless sleep, but they refused. So that night, my friends and I were hit by cars countless times. Sometimes I was the driver.
God help me.
I awoke to Paradise and Mikey flipping through my sketchbooks.
“Wha-Where’s Frank and Gee?” I mumbled.
“Out getting coffee.” Mikey responded casually, “You know, you’re a great artist.”
”Thanks,” I yawned, “Why aren’t you with them? You’re like, a coffee drug-y.”
“They’re bringing some for us,” Mikey explained, “Besides, someone had to make sure you and this crazy didn’t kill anyone.”
Paradise stuck out her tongue and flipped a page in my sketchbook.
“Alicia, do you take Art?” she asked.
“Nope.” I replied miserably.
“Why not?”
”No room in my schedule. If I can get $400 to take summer gym and health next year, then I can take it then.”
”Why don’t you use AR money?”
”You seriously think we have money.”
”Kinda.”
”Nope.” Mikey and I said together.
“Seriously?” She asked surprised.
“We’re not exactly completely famous. I consider there to be two levels of fame. The top is Fall Out Boy fame and maybe even MCR. They’re known by everyone around the world. The second is The Academy Is…, Cobra Starship fame. They’re definitely known by a lot of people, but they aren’t… up there yet.” I explained, “I think we’re on TAI level. You don’t see Billvy living in some fancy condo.”
”Point.” Paradise nodded, “Do you want to be on FOB level?”
”I don’t know,” I sighed, “I don’t think I’d like the media. But, ok, FOB level isn’t the top, I guess. The extreme is when you get paparazzi and crap. Then you get all stuck up. Let’s call that one Madonna.”
”So, FOB, maybe. But Madonna, never?” Mikey asked.
“Never.” I nodded.
Gerard and Frank came back in with coffee for everyone, including me.
“Hey, Frank, Gee,” Mikey said, “Look.”
Mikey held up a picture I had drawn a while ago. The reference photo I had used was taped above it.
“Did you draw this?” Gerard grabbed it.
”No,” Mikey responded, “Alicia did.”
I wished and pleaded that my bed would swallow me. Mikey handed them a picture I’d drawn of Gerard, too. And about every other sketch. Then they got out my anime/manga stuff.
“Alicia, do you take Art?” Gerard asked.
“No.” Paradise, Mikey, and I answered together.
“Which brings us back to a full circle,” Paradise laughed, “And I was thinking…”
”Oh, God, No! Don’t think!” Frank smiled. She responded with a glare.
“Maybe I could get my parents to pay for your summer crap.” She continued.
“No,” I said, “I don’t want them paying for it.”
”Why not?”
“It’d feel…wrong.”
”Come on.”
”No.”
”Pwease?”
”No answer.”
She gave me puppy eyes.
“Ehhh,… Damn you.”
She squealed, “I win?!”
”Yeah.” I grumble.
Then the doctor came in, looked me over, blah blah blah.
We sang and listened to music after he left. Then we watched The Nightmare Before Christmas. Britt, Keith, Shane, and Brandon entered as we sang “Kidnapping Santy Claus.”
”Having fun?” Brandon kissed me.
”Sex!” Paradise coughed.
“Whore!” “Slut!” Britt and I coughed back, grinning.
“I miss me Squash.” Paradise pouted.
“You miss a vegetable?” Frank asked.
“I thought it was a fruit.” Gerard replied.
“Her tard of a boyfriend.” Keith explained.
Keith got hit pretty hard. Britt didn’t even try to stop Paradise from hitting him.
That night, the doctors freed me from the hospital prison. We all went out to celebrate. Then we went back to the orphanage, where Paradise called Squash and kicked Keith’s ass some more for another screwed up comment.



---
Oh noes! I'm back!! I'm sorry. Dearly I am. I've been busy writing. I was going to try and do 12 mini chapters for Christmas, but that didn't work. So I'm gonna combine two of them into just a Holiday chapter.
Hope the holidays were good for you, and happy 2009!
-Alicia
Sign up to rate and review this story