Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > The After Life Of The Party

Dead On Arrival

by SinsNotTragedies95 2 reviews

Ooh, poor Pat. -oh, and Paige, you were wrong. There is Rydon. So hah.

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: G - Genres: Drama,Fantasy,Romance - Published: 2009-01-14 - Updated: 2009-01-14 - 804 words

0Unrated
Pete’s POV

-the next day-

I woke up with a start. My eyes darted around, taking in the unfamiliar environment. I was curled up in a hard bed with a metal frame. Quite a few feet away there was another bed. I couldn’t see who was in it, the bedsheets covered the entire form. There was an IV stuck into my arm, filled with a crimson liquid. I cringed, already guessing what that was. Where the hell was I?

“You’re in the hospital wing of William’s institution, Pete.”

I sat up and looked around again. The voice was familiar, one I’d never forget. But it couldn’t be him. Brendon had been killed three years ago.

“Over here.”

I followed the voice, and my eyes trailed over to a corner. Brendon sat on a small wooden stool, watching me.

“Huh?” I said stupidly, confused.
“I was concerned when they brought you here. I never thought you would get captured.” He frowned a little.
“I-but-you… I’m confused.” Not that he needed me to tell him that, I’m sure that my confusion was etched all over my face.
“I can tell.” He spoke quietly.
“I-i thought you were dead, Bren.”
He shook his head. “Unfortunately not. Beckett got me the same way he got you. Through Ryan.”
“Is he okay?”
Brendon looked down and shook his head. “It was a trick. He got me to agree to join by threatening Ryan, promising that if I joined him he would let Ryan go. When I was gone he turned him.”
But that might mean… “D-do you know where Patrick is?” I could hear the fear lacing my voice.
Brendon didn’t look up, but pointed solemnly to the other bed. I shakily stood up and walked to the other bed, pulling the IV stand with me. I could see the sheet moving slightly up and down, showing subtle breathing. I bit my lip and pulled the sheet back. I had to hold back a scream, a whimper escaping my lips. Patrick was curled up under the sheet, breathing shallowly. Dried blood was matted in his red-blonde hair, and smeared across his face. I started to shake as my eyes drifted to his throat and spotted the large punctures there.

“N-no, this can’t be real..”
“I’m sorry.” Brendon spoke softly.

I stroked his cheek gently, shivering at how cold his normally warm cheeks were. I sighed as I sat on the bed, pulling Patrick into my lap. I hugged him tightly, ignoring the IV pulling uncomfortably at the skin. I rested my cheek on the top of his head and waited for him to wake up, a few tears escaping my eyes.



Patrick’s POV

-a little while later-

I slowly woke up, feeling someone hugging me. I groaned a little, my whole body hurt like hell. I opened my eyes, waiting for my vision to clear before looking up.

“P-pete?”
“Patrick, you’re awake.” Relief flooded his voice.
“Wh-what happened? I thought I was leaving.”
“It was a trick.” The relief was instantly gone, replaced by anger and bitterness. “Are you okay Pat?”
“I-i don’t know. My whole body hurts. How bad am I?”
“As bad as you can get.” I could hear burning regret in his voice. At first I didn’t get it, but it suddenly came to me.
“Am I… like you?”
Pete hugged me tighter before speaking softly. “You will be soon.”
I whimpered and turned in his grip. I hugged him tightly around the waist, burying my head into his chest.
“How long?” My voice was muffled by his shirt.
“About twenty minutes, maybe less.”
God, only twenty minutes?
“That’s it?”
“It’s more like ten. It’s been almost eight hours since you were bitten.” Brendon spoke up.
I looked up in the direction the voice had come from. “Bren?” I was confused, I thought he was dead.
“The one and only.” He smiled a little.
I sighed. “Things are getting really weird.”
“You can say that again.” Pete murmured.

We sat like that for a while before I felt a horrible pain in my head. I cried out and pressed my eyes closed.
“It’s okay Pat.” His voice was sad. He hugged me tighter as the pain wired its way through my body.
After what felt like an eternity the pain died away.
“I-is that it? Is it over?”
“Yeah.”
I hugged him tighter, holding back tears. Why did this have to happen? Stupid Beckett and his stupid revenge. It was then that I made my decision. If it was the last thing I did, I would kill William Beckett.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This one was kinda short too, sorry. I'll have another chapter up either tonight or tomorrow, promise. ^^
Sign up to rate and review this story