Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > Lasting Impressions

Playground 420

by killxsmile 3 reviews

Talk about being high on love.

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: R - Genres: Drama,Humor,Romance - Published: 2009-01-17 - Updated: 2009-01-18 - 1193 words - Complete

2Original
Author's Note: If you are reading this, show some love for Tissamy and doyleangel. They're the reason that I'm posting updates.

And to address their reviews, I tried to write in the Eric character in a way that puts you in Chloe's shoes. At this point, you're not supposed to know how to feel about him. This chapter should shed some light on things. I hope you like it.

Playground 420.

“Thank God my shift is over,” I commented, taking off my apron. Waiting tables is probably the most boring jobs. Ever.
“Lucky fuck,” Katie said, putting hers on. “My shift is just starting.”
“Well that’s what you get for taking so many sick days.”

She offered me a sarcastic smile as I clocked out. I had just stepped out of the building when my phone started ringing.

Unknown Number.

“Hello?” I said, answering.
“Chloe? It’s Eric.”
“Oh, hey. What’s up?”
“You busy today?”
“Nope. Just got off work. Why?”
“I was wondering if you wanted to catch a movie with me.”
“That depends on your taste in movies.”
“What do you want to see?”
“Why don’t you tell me?” I asked.
“Hmm… I don’t see you as a romantic. You’re more like a suspense/action/thriller…How about something scary?”
“Good choice.”

He asked for my address, then told me to be ready in an hour. I had no time to spare, so I quickly got in my car and sped home.

Make up? Check.
Hair? Check.
Outfit? Check.

With 5 minutes left, I flopped onto the couch and waited.

8:00. Knock, knock, knock.

“Right on time,” I commented, getting up.

When I opened the door, he was causally leaning against the frame. “Hey, Chloe. You ready?”
“Yeah.” I smiled, grabbed my purse and we were off.

Once at the theater, Eric quickly bought a pair of tickets to the latest box office horror flick.

While previews rolled, we shared random tidbits about ourselves over popcorn. I learned that he could whistle the Simpsons’ theme song, likes grilled cheese sandwiches, and he broke his arm trying to rollerblade and skateboard at the same time.

The movie was a typical slasher-- a group of high schoolers accidentally summoned a violent spirit from the dead and they were being killed off one by one.

“I bet you $5 that the dead spirit is the ditzy blonde’s sister,” he whispered.
“No way. It’s the nerdy kid’s dad.”
“What? How does that make any sense?”
“Look at how the nerdy kid is pretending to freak out.”
“That’s a bad actor.” As he leaned closer to me, I noticed that his arm was around my shoulder. This guy was smooth. “Remember the ditzy blonde’s expression when her boyfriend ran off to save his brother? She was all ‘siblings are never worth the trouble!’”

In the end, we were both wrong. The dead spirit was the jock’s twin brother who was separated at birth. Apparently, he was pissed that his brother was enjoying the perks of being alive and popular.

“God, that was crap,” he said opening his car door for me. “Sorry you had to sit through it.”
“No problem. I learned a lot.”

He raised an eyebrow at my comment.

“You can learn a lot about a person from how they act at the movies,” I explained.
“Like what?” he asked, intrigued.
“Well, you rolled your eyes during the kill scenes. That showed your dislike of predictability. And you waited for me to start eating the popcorn before taking a handful, but you drank the soda once we sat down. You’re polite, but you’re nobody’s bitch.”

Eric leaned over and pressed his lips against mine. I could feel him smiling into the kiss. As I parted my lips, he eagerly swirled his tongue along the tip of mine then gently sucked my bottom lip before pulling away.

“What did that tell you?” he whispered, still inches away from my face.
“You’re my kind of guy,” I said, pulling him into another kiss.

For dinner we stopped by a Mexican restaurant. He ordered a chimichanga. I ordered a steak burrito. After eating, I expected that he would take me home, but once again, Eric had something up his sleeve.

Within minutes we were parked in front of a playground.

“Like it?” he asked as I got out of the car.
“Yeah,” I replied, smiling.

I took a seat on the swings and he followed suit.

“How’d you find this place?” I asked. In the year or so that I’d been living in the area, I’d never noticed it.
“My friend Darren got wasted one night and drove over the sandbox. I’ve been hanging out here ever since… It’s kind of like a fortress of solitude,” he said, looking at the horizon.

I looked down and lightly kicked off the ground.

“So what did you think of today?” he asked. “Fun?”
“Yeah,” I said, nodding. “I usually know what to expect from guys, but you’re… different.” He laughed.
“That’s good to hear.”

After a few minutes of swinging in comfortable silence, he took a plastic bag from his pocket, followed by a lighter.

“You don’t mind, do you?”
“Not at all.”

He lit one of the blunts and pressed it to his lips. Slowly he exhaled, and the ribbons of smoke swirled around his head. After taking a few more hits, he offered it to me.

I took it and held it between my fingers for a few seconds.

“Long time since your last 420?” he asked.
“You could say that…” Truth was, I’d never smoked weed before.
“You don’t have to if you don’t want to,” he said, sensing what I was thinking.

I glanced over at him, then back at the joint.

“Hell, I only live once.”

With that, I took a puff. He chuckled and pulled out another for himself. We sat there, smoking and swinging for about half an hour before getting back in his car.

“Are you sure you’re up for driving?” I asked, feeling a bit hazy.
“Don’t worry. Your apartment isn’t far from here. I promise I won’t crash or anything.”

He made good on his word, and soon enough he was walking me to my door.

“Goodnight, Chloe.”
“Goodnight.”

He lightly kissed my forehead before heading back down the hallway. Softly giggling, I unlocked my door. I wasn’t sure if it was Eric or the THC in my system, but I went to bed with a goofy grin on my face.

+++++
I know, I know. You're probably throwing stuff at your screen, wondering where the hell All Time Low comes into play. I swear they'll be a HUGE part of this fic, but Chloe needs to sort a few things (ie., Eric) out before then. Anyways, I hope that you enjoyed this chapter.

If you want me to post more, please rate or review. Without feedback, I'll assume that this story is a bust, and post the rest on mibba rather than ficwad.
Sign up to rate and review this story