Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > Lasting Impressions

Big Brother

by killxsmile 2 reviews

A little background.

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama,Humor,Romance - Published: 2009-01-19 - Updated: 2009-01-20 - 925 words - Complete

2Original
Author's Note: I'm tired of studying for finals, so I decided to put my biology textbook away and post this for you guys.

Thank yous, e-hugs, and vanilla cupcakes go out to the following:
doyleangel: Eric's still a pretty vague character at the moment. But he's getting there.
Tissamy: Hehe. That was my kind of date too. Gaskarth will make an appearance in due time. Don't worry.
princessaddy: More Chloe & Eric for you. Hope you like it.

Now onto the actual story...

Big brother.

“Why are you so worried about this?” Eric asked while I paced my living room floor.

I’d managed to avoid it for more than two months, but my brother somehow figured out that I wasn’t single anymore. Naturally, Jack wanted to meet the guy who was able to hold my attention for more than 5 minutes.

Jack Bassam Barakat.
Goofball guitarist from All Time Low. The first time I told Eric my last name, he couldn’t put a finger on why it sounded so familiar. I didn’t want to let the cat out of the bag, so I let him find out on his own. Later that night, Rian called to ask if I knew where Jack hid the spare key. “Dear Maria” was my ringtone. A look of recognition spread across his face as I picked up. “I didn’t know he had a sister,” was his simple reaction.

Lucky for me, Eric isn’t all that into my brother’s band. If he is, he’s great at hiding it. Either way, I’m glad that he’s not asking for backstage passes and autographs.

Jack Bassam Barakat.
My overwhelmingly protective brother.
He’s a mere 13 months older than I am, but he swears he knows everything. Including what’s best for me.

Ever since I could remember, he’s assumed veto power over my choice in guys.
Take for instance, Gary Dunbar. We were both in 6th grade, and he’d given me my first kiss while we were on the swings in back of school. Some time between recess and dinner that evening, my brother had casually mentioned to my parents that Gary was caught stealing from the church bake sale. Not true, but my parents bought it nonetheless. It goes without saying, but Gary and I were over before we began.

In 7th grade there was Sam Zylinski. He asked me to the Halloween dance. Before I even had the chance to think about a costume, Jack had pantsed Sam during lunch. Though it was “all in good fun,” this little stunt triggered a semester’s worth of silent treatment from Sam.

Then there was Pete Lyman. I was a freshman in high school and he was a junior when he asked me to homecoming. Jack tried time and time again to intimidate him, but in addition to being a year older than my brother, Pete had friends on the lacrosse team to back him up. Even so, Jack found a way to spoil it for me. Realizing that he had no other options, he noted the two-year age difference at the breakfast table. With my parents on his side, I was forced to cancel yet another date.

After that, I made sure to keep relationships under wraps. On my cell phone, I’d store their numbers under the name Brooke. I’d insist on a no PDA rule when on school grounds. For dates, they’d pick me up and drop me off at the café at the end of my block. Ridiculous as my system was, it worked. To this day, Jack has no idea that I was dating guys right under his nose.

When I moved away to college, my brother’s tampering powers were rendered useless. Or at least I thought they were. Contrary to what he says, it’s not a coincidence that his house is less than 2 miles away from my apartment.

Though he can’t rat me out to my parents anymore, Jack can instill the same sense of paranoia that causes me to look over my shoulder when I’m making out in public. Because though I’ll never admit it aloud, a tiny part of me wants my brother to approve of my relationships.

I know. It’s crazy.

“Maybe we should have agreed to a public meeting,” Eric said, picking up on my apprehensiveness. “That way, there’d be witnesses if he tried to kill me.”

Though he meant to lighten the mood, I could only manage to sigh.

“The reason I wanted him to come over here was to avoid any type of public disturbance. That and I can throw him out if needed.”
“You really think it’ll be that bad?”
“Do you really want me to answer that question?”

Too lazy to explain the relationship between me and my semi-tyrannical brother, I took a seat next to Eric and waited for the inevitable.

Knock. Knock. Knock.

And there it was.
I got up from my seat, but before answering, I turned to Eric. “Don’t say I didn’t warn you…”

I opened the door and there he was.

“Hey, Jack.”

He greeted me with a hug. “Please be nice,” I whispered before he pulled away.
By the mischievous smirk on his face and the glint in his eye, I could tell this was going to be a long night.

+++++
There you go. A little insight on Chloe and Jack's relationship. I hope you guys enjoyed it.

Rate & Review.
Please?
Sign up to rate and review this story