Categories > TV > Smallville

Smallville Book 1: Kryptonian Fears

by Brightstar_205 0 reviews

Ice laced the trim of the roof, and snow fell in heavy, thick chunks. It was well below ten degrees, but the short brunette girl walking through the snow was completely oblivious to the icy winds...

Category: Smallville - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama,Parody - Characters: Clark Kent - Warnings: [!] - Published: 2009-02-03 - Updated: 2009-02-03 - 576 words

0Unrated
(Author’s POV)

Ice laced the trim of the roof, and snow fell in heavy, thick chunks. It was well below ten degrees, but the short brunette girl walking through the snow was completely oblivious to the icy winds. As she walked, the snow crunched softly beneath her feet. As she got closer to the Kent barn loft, she noticed footprints in the snow that were not her own. Confused, she looked at them carefully, instantly recognizing them.

“Clark?” she called. “Are you in here?” When she got no response, she grew worried and called again, louder this time.

“Up here!” a voice finally responded.

She looked up and laughed. Clark, a tall brunette boy with baby blue eyes, was stuck between two rafters. “Nice one Clarky.”

“Laugh now Riakayaa!” Clark snapped. “Then maybe you’ll have time to help me down!”

Clark could have easily helped himself down my breaking the rafter beams, but Ria knew he would never destroy the ancient Kent family barn if there was a way of avoiding it. Sara started looking for the ladder. “How the hell did you get up there anyway?” Ria asked, a sharp edge of humor evident in her voice.

“I fell asleep, and the next thing I knew I woke up here!” Clark answered. “It was really weird.”

Ria untangled her brother from the beams. “I see… That’s Wall Of Weird material… But I’m hungry, so lets go pig out in the house, okay?” Sara climbed down the ladder, Clark hard on her heels.

Ria left the barn, Clark still following her. The snow was falling even thicker now; Sara was not able to see through it very well. She looked behind her; Clark was having the same trouble. The snow was now up to her mid-calf, but she didn’t mind it. The only thing that bothered her was the uneasy feeling that prodded her as she got closer to the house.

“Do you feel that?” Ria asked, facing her brother and trying to see him through the thick flurries.

“Feel what? The snow?” Clark asked.

Ria sighed. “Never mind.” Ria tried to ignore the feelings, but they only grew more intense as she saw the snow turn a blood red. “Do you at least see that?” Sara pointed to the reddened snow.

“No. What are you talking about? Are you having one of those creepy vision things again?”

“I might be, but go on into the house to make sure, okay?” Ria ordered. Without waiting to see if he actually listened, she followed the bloody snow until it halted at a large tree. She was about to turn back until she heard a voice above the wind.

“Someone close to you will meet his/her end soon, but before then, much blood will be shed, and only a select few out of many will survive.”

“Who said that?” Ria asked frantically.

“Heed my warning Zal-El. We will meet again someday…” The voice faded.

Ria blinked, and sat up. The whole thing was just a dream. But as much as she tried to dismiss it, it just felt too real.

“Something wrong Ria?” Clark asked, entering Ria’s room.

Not having the right words, she only repeated what the voice in her dream said: “Someone close to you will meet his/her end soon, but before then, much blood will be shed, and only a select few out of many will survive…”
Sign up to rate and review this story