Categories > Books > Harry Potter

Voldemort v. The X-Men

by krsi 3 reviews

One shot. Voldemert invades Muir Island, but he has to get through the X-Men first.This was just a silly one shot that came from a blank v. blank conversation. What would happen if somehow, for so...

Category: Harry Potter - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Crossover - Characters: Voldemort - Published: 2009-02-16 - Updated: 2009-02-19 - 2120 words - Complete

5Original
“Alright, bub, enough of the yakkity yak, it’s time someone shoved that stick down your wormy little throat. Pete, fastball me.”
Colossus hefted Wolverine without a second thought, and launched him toward the pale, gaunt serpentine man that had demolished half of Muir Island in some deranged search.
Wolverine flew through the air, screaming at the top of his lungs, and extended his six adamantium claws in preparation to carve his way through the mad sorcerer. His enemy stood his ground calmly, looked Wolverine in the eye, raised his wand, and whispered, “Avada Kedavra.”
A green flash issued forth from the wand, and Wolverine vanished. A pile of metal clattered to the stone floor at Voldemort’s feet. The wizard trained his wand on the remaining group of X-Men, who stood staring, their eyes filled with shock and horror.
“Avad-” this time the entire group scrambled for cover amongst the debris before he could finish the incantation, Cyclops tackling Jean who’d elected to stand her ground and have it out with the wizard.
“I don’t think there’s any guarantee a telekinetic shield is going to stop that sort of attack, Jean,” Cyclops argued when she glared at him.
“Well what else do you have in mind?”
“I… can you get a read on him yet?”
“No, his mind is still closed to me. He’s using wards like Wanda does, and a little bit of old-fashioned mental discipline.”
“What about Wolverine?” Kitty asked, “He’s going to be okay right?”
Jean looked at Shadowcat sadly, “He’s gone Kitty, I’m sorry. That energy blast, whatever it was, destroyed every single cell in his body instantaneously. There’s nothing to regenerate. It even vaporized his skeleton…”
“But not the adamantium,” Colossus observed.
“I wouldn’t be so quick to assume you’re immune Piotr, we don’t know what sort of power we’re up against yet.”
“It may be a stretch, but he’s likely the best shot we have Scott,” Beast argued, “However that creature’s power worked, the fact remains that Colossus’s nature is a mystery even to us. So far as we have ever been able to discern he is nothing more than a solid chunk of metal. He doesn’t breath or eat in his metal form, and can apparently stay in it indefinitely.”
“So?” Iceman was obviously becoming impatient.
“So, my dear boy, Piotr is a scientific impossibility. Once he changes into his metal form that should be it. He should be dead on the spot, unable to move, sense, or even think.”
“And how does that help us in this situation?” Scott looked at the fluffy blue scientist skeptically.
“You don’t know what will happen to me,” Colossus explained, “but we do know what will happen to all of you.”
A streak of red energy zipped between the large hunks of rubble the team sheltered behind and struck the wall they faced. The massive stone work façade crumbled toward them, but Jean batted it aside.
“It does not look like he’s satisfied to go about his business,” Kurt said in his distinct German accent.
“Okay, Colossus, but Storm, Iceman and I will be covering you.”
Colossus raised from cover, stepping out from between the two large chunks of concrete and rock, as Cyclops and Iceman darted to either side and Storm edged around until she could see her target.
Hot and cold energy beams and bolts of lightning streaked in on Voldemort, and he was forced to surround himself with a mystical shield to hold the onslaught at bay.
Colossus marched forward resolutely, with a look of grim determination on his face, “I must break you now,” he threatened in his Russian accent.
Voldemort looked offended, “You children think I can’t handle simple multitasking?” He raised his offhand as if to take the burden of holding up the shield off his wand, and after a few arcane gestures, level the wand at Colossus. “Avada Kedavra!”
A green bolt loosed at Colossus, who continued forward without hesitation. The energy struck him solidly in the chest and dissipated harmlessly, as if it had, in fact, struck nothing but cold steel. The only reaction from Colossus was a menacing smile that replaced his angry frown.
“Huh,” Voldemort looked momentarily unsettled as his enemies increased the pressure, “Well there’s more than one way to skin a cat. Let’s see what good that strength does you without leverage…” He pointed his wand at the titanic Russian’s feet, and with the utterance of a few strange words the stone floor began to sag under Colossus’s foot steps. As he drew closer, he sank deeper and deeper, until, by the time he was about three yards from the object of his anger, he was struggling as if caught in quicksand.
“Stop struggling Colossus!” Beast shouted, “You’re only making it worse!”
Voldemort turned his attention to the other three attackers, and loosed another bolt of luminous green death at Iceman. Bobby skillful broke off his attack and raised a shield of ice in front of him at the last moment. It saved his life, but vaporized in an instant, confirming that his icy form wouldn’t stand up to those blasts the way Colossus’s metal body did. He spun back behind the rock as a second shot streaked past.
Cyclops was soon taking cover again as well, though Storm continued to duck and shoot, taking quick glances at their opponent, and pulling down lightning bolts from above. He was still shielded though, and she was firing hipshots, so it did little but keep him off balance.
“Okay team leader,” Jean looked at Scot with obvious concern, “What now?”
“Did you notice he shielded himself from our attacks?”
“Yes, that’s rather the problem,” Storm observed.
“No, that’s a blessing,” Cyclops grinned, “He’s just told us that we can hurt him with enough firepower, we just have to get through his armor.”
“And you have a plan?” Jean asked.
“Oh yes. Listen close everyone, I only have time to explain this once.”


Voldemort staggered as yet another lightning bolt struck the ground a few feet from him, melting the stone where it hit. One of the muggles had impressive power. He kept trying to get a bead on his opponents, but every couple of seconds another massive arc of electricity would come down, blinding him and deafening him like a flashbang. It was better when she was actually trying to hit him, and his shield was simply absorbing the energy overhead.
And then things began to fall apart more quickly than Voldemort could comprehend.
The two young boys leapt from cover again and began firing, one launching red beams from the eyes and the other blue beams from his hands. Voldemort fended the blasts off easily with his mystical shield, and barely registered the blast of displaced air against his back which he took to be from another misplaced lightning bolt.
The lightning stopped suddenly and the weather witch launched into the air. Voldemort tried to hit her with a shot from his wand, but the dust and debris that swirled around her in the wind as she flew upward obscured her form. One of the other women rose from behind cover, and with a reaching and grasping motion, began to lift the metal man from his prison remotely.
The two young men firing on him suddenly broke off their assault and ducked behind cover, so Voldemort dropped the shield which had been sapping his concentration and took aim at the woman trying to free the tin-man. This time he would fire with full force.
“Avada Keda-” Voldemort choked on the last word as a blue fuzzy arm wrapped around his neck, and three fingers grasped his wrist and pulled it back, directing the wand away from the young men and women defending the island.
“Guten nacht,” a German voice whispered in his ear.
Voldemort struggled, and with great effort managed to force out an incantation past his constricted windpipe. His skin suddenly erupted into flame, blasting the little blue devil off of his back and burning it painfully. Voldemort leered at his handiwork with satisfaction until a massive metal fist struck the left side of his serpentine face, reducing much of his skull on that side to gravel.
He staggered back, but managed to level his wand at his attacker. He began to speak in spite of his painfully pulverized jawbone, but before he could finished, a young woman appeared, as if out of no where, and grabbed his wand. He twisted to point it at her chest and fire at her instead, but it simply slipped from his hand as if it were imaginary. He grasped desperately at it but it slipped through his fingers, and the woman disappeared back into the ground with it.
Another blow came, a left hook which left the entirety of his head a lumpy mess; a lesser being would certainly have died already. Voldemort was beginning to wish he had, in spite of the fact that his skull was already healing itself thanks to ongoing enchantments he’d long ago cast upon himself.
The metal man cranked back and punched downward, straight into Voldemort’s chest. His fist might have gone through and through with an ordinary human, but Voldemort’s body was far more durable. He slammed into the ground, the stone breaking under his back. The man of steel loomed over him and struck again, this time with an open hand. Indestructible metal fingers gouged into Voldemort’s sickly white flesh, and all the air rushed from the wizard’s lungs.
The titan raised his free hand high over his head, as he pressed Voldemort into the ground. The Sorcerer grimaced in anticipation of another painful blow to the face, but instead there was a bright flash in the sky above his attacker. For a fraction of a second, he saw a powerful arc of electricity streak down from the sky and connect with the man’s ferric fist.

One hundred and twenty thousand amps of electricity flowed from the sky, through Colossus, and right through Voldemort, the poorest conductor in the path, into the ground. His chest super-heated, popped, and sizzled. Smoke issued forth from his gaping mouth, filled with glowing flakes of burning tissue that danced in the air like sprites. At last, the Russian closed his hand, his metal fingers wrapping around the charred cinder that was Voldemort’s heart, and ripped it out.
With one final, unceremonious and vindictive stomp on Voldemort’s pelvis, Colossus stepped back, “He’s all yours Jean.”
Voldemort’s limp frame rose into the air. His mind was filled with nothing but pain as nerve cells throughout his body tried desperately to grow back. He felt himself suddenly rushing upward to the night sky, and his vision slowly tilted until he was eye-to-eye with one of the young women he’d tried to kill moments before. They were flying, which wasn’t a strange sensation for him, but they were going much higher than he’d ever traveled before. It became intolerably cold, even for him, as the atmosphere thinned, and then began to heat up as they moved toward the edge of space.
The air around them glowed intensely as they exited the atmosphere. Voldemort’s skin charred and flaked away, but the fire simply wrapped around the young woman like a cloak.
At last they entered the crystal clarity of space, and Voldemort could see the sun rising behind the woman, framing the long red hair that floated freely in the cold vacuum.
I don’t know if you can die, she whispered inside his mind, I don’t even know for certain what you are. She drifted away from him, and the glow of the sun behind her intensified and grew. But in case you should ever contemplate coming back to this world, you should know that there are things here far more terrible than you.
And now he saw that the light surrounding her had taken form. Great wings of fire spread for hundreds of yards in either direction, burning silently in space, and the flaming head of a great predatory bird loomed above him.
He was surrounded and dwarfed by the form of a giant phoenix. Even in his considerably poor state, the irony wasn’t lost on him.
A giant fiery talon reached out and wrapped around him, crushing and burning his body simultaneously. With a mighty heave, the bird twisted and flung his limp body…
… straight toward the sun.
Sign up to rate and review this story