Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance

Note To Self: I Miss You Terribly, This Is What We Call A Tragedy

by prettychemical 14 reviews

Gerard Way doesn't want to return to Newark after certain events and when he does things are different. Ferard.

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama - Characters: Frank Iero,Gerard Way - Published: 2009-02-21 - Updated: 2009-02-21 - 733 words

1Ambiance
Gerard's Point Of View
-10 Years Ago (Age: 16)-


It was just a dare, a fucking dare! He never loved me, he loved his popularity. It was just a joke and I was stupid enough to fall for the bait. Everything I had with him in the last month was a fucking joke. It was a waste of time, sort of like me.


"Wow! I can't believe Iero did it! Shit, I owe him 50 bucks now," some jock, I didn't give a shit at the moment who it was, said. I shoved my way past people and tried getting my bearings. God, I hate parties. I'm such an idiot. I finally found the escape when another jock was yelling, "Look at that fat ass run away, he actually thought he had something with Frank, ha, what a fag!" They all started laughing and I held back tears. I seriously needed to get out. I shoved more people out of the way and made my way to the front door.


"Wait," ANOTHER jock said, joining in on their cruel fun, "Did you just say that Gerard Way was running away? I don't feel the earth quake!" They all started laughing and high fived each other. When I finally managed to get to the front door I glanced back. Frank was standing with them and for a moment I thought he might come and try to comfort me, but then I remembered. This was all his fucking fault. And as a stared for a bit longer I thought I saw sadness in his eyes, but the moment I heard his laugh I knew I imagined it. God, am I ever pathetic. Did I honestly for a moment think he had a heart? No fucking way.


I opened the door and the first location I went to was a bench. I sat down and buried my head in my hands. I replayed the whole scene in my head.


The moment Frank Iero kissed me I felt so overwelmed. The party and the music downstairs seemed miles away. It was the 2 seconds of my life that I'd probably never forget. It was only moments later when the door was shoved open to reveal the school's biggest jock Alex. I immediatly tensed, scared of what the next events could be. But instead of anything I imagined, Alex just exclaimed, "Holy shit! Frank fucking Iero actually did it! Fuck, that was a waste of 50 bucks!"


Confused, I looked over at Frank who was avoiding eye contact with me. What the fuck was going on?


"Shit, man, I didn't know you were serious when you said you'd do any dare," Alex said and those words caused my world to come crashing down on me.


It was all just a joke.


As I stared at the concrete in front of me I decided that I seriously have to get the fuck out of this town and when I do I'm never returning to this hell hole.


-Present Day-
Gerard's Point Of View
(Age: 25)


I searched my jacket pocket until I finally found my phone.


"Hello?" I answered.


"Gerard! Guess what," I heard an excited Ray on the other end say.


"What?" I asked.


"Well, I got good and bad news. The good news is that we have a gig!" Ray said. I sighed. Now the bad news.


"Well?"


"It's, uhm, sort of in... Newark?" Ray said. At these words I shut my phone. I promised myself that I'd never EVER return there. My phone started going off and I answered it again.


"Gerard, it's for the good of the band," Ray said.


"We need a bass player still!" I disagreed.


"We have a bass player!! We have Nikki! Remember?" Ray asked.


"Ray, you know why I don't want to go there," I said.


"Yeah, yeah I've heard it a million times. But Gerard, Newark is your home and no matter how much you try to convince yourself otherwise, it always will be. I mean, Gerard, your family is there... imagine how Mikey must feel that you ran away without saying good bye to him or without talking to him," Ray said. I sighed. Mikey. It's been 10 years and I haven't said a word to him since then. I know I'm gonna regret this but...


"Okay."

~~

A.N. I thought it'd be better. But whatever. Does it sound cool enough to continue?
Sign up to rate and review this story