Categories > Celebrities > Panic! At The Disco > Deceiving.

Four.

by goodgollyitsHOLLY 3 reviews

Chapter four.

Category: Panic! At The Disco - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama - Published: 2009-02-24 - Updated: 2009-02-24 - 1246 words

0Unrated
Thanks for the reviews. I really appreciate them.


Four

By the time I got back to the apartment I was fuming mad. I just...wanted to hit something. Ryan would be good, since this is all his fault. Even though it isn’t. I just like blaming him. I didn’t think she’d be back at the apartment but there was Holly laying on the couch texting on her sidekick. By the little smile on her face my guess was that she was texting Ryan. Ridiculous.
“Hey Cait.” She said as if nothing was wrong.
“What do you have to say for yourself?”
“What are you talking about?”
“Uh, your little show with Ryan.”
“Oh. You saw that?”
“And so did Brendon.”
“Oh.”
“Yeah, oh.” I said with a disgusted tone in my voice. Holly looked over at me with an amused expression.
“What the hell is wrong with you?” Maybe it was her that I wanted to hit.
“I can’t believe that you would do something like that. Openly parading around cheating on your boyfriend while he was in sight of that.” Holly chuckled a bit.
“I never really liked him much anyway. I really just wanted Ryan.” This time I knew it was her that I wanted to hit.
“The thing is Holly, I’m sure there are plenty of girls that like Brendon and would not have used him to get to his best friend, but instead he’s been wasting his time with you.”
“Oh really? Girls like who? You Cait? Innocent, little Cait?” I was so taken aback by what she said. I honestly had nothing left to argue with her about. I glared a cold, icy glare before I walked into my bedroom and slammed the door. What a night this has turned out to be. I had been used as a rebound by the guy I was absolutely in love with and had a fight with my best friend over said boy. At this rate I was going, I was going to be innocent, little Cait forever. I sat on my bed in tears for what seemed like hours, but it was probably minutes. “Look Cait, will you please hear me out?” Holly asked as he barged into my room without even knocking. I didn’t really want to, but I don’t think I had a choice. She was stubborn. “You’re going to either way. In class we’ve studied about the biological attractions between men and women. The reason I’m in love with Ryan isn’t because he’s Brendon’s best friend or anything. I’m in love with him because we’re compatible biologically. It’s everything from the way his body smells to his immune system. It’s everything. We’re tied together.” I’m sure the look I gave her said everything that was going on in my head. “I’m serious.”
“Look Holly, that’s great. Be “tied” to Ryan. But did you ever think about anyone else’s feelings? Did you ever think about Brendon’s feelings?” Holly just stood there and looked guilty. “That’s right, of course you didn’t because you’re too self-centered. Great job Holly. Now please leave me alone. I’m not in the mood to hear your off the wall justification for what you did.” I stood at my door and held it open for her to leave.
“You have to believe me Cait.” I just shook my head, refusing to listen to another word.
“Go run to Ryan. I’m sure he misses you.” I said sourly before shutting my door in her face. I thought I heard a quiet sob, but I didn’t care. I couldn’t right now. Just then, the light on my iPhone lit up before the familiar sound it made whenever I got a text message.
We need to talk. Brendon. I sighed. Tonight was not my night.
What could we possibly have to talk about? Enlighten me, please.
You know what. Will you meet me for coffee in an hour?
I don’t think it’s a good idea. It really wasn’t. But impulsive Cait was screaming at me to go. But fine, I need to get out of here anyway.
Great. I’ll meet you at the usual place. I honestly didn’t know why I agreed to go, but this could either go really well or end in tragedy.

-

“Where are you going?” Holly asked from her bedroom doorway.
“Why do you care?”
“Cait. I’m sorry, okay?”
“For what, Holly? Getting caught?”
“That I disappointed you. I’m a horrible person, I know.” I rolled my eyes. Although, the first step to overcoming a problem is admitting you have one.
“I don’t know when I’ll be back.” I said flatly before walking out the door.

:-:-:

“Hey. You came.” Brendon smiled as he stood up from his spot at the small table.
“I said I would.”
“Right.” He nodded. “Um, I got you a mocha frap.” My favorite.
“Thank you.” I told him as I sat down.
“So how did it go at home?” He asked as he absentmindedly spun the stirring stick around his drink.
“She gave me this bullshit excuse. She said it was all biological and that they were tied and it had nothing to do with you.”
“...What?”
“Exactly. Have you talked to him?”
“No.”
“Are you planning on it?”
“Yes. I just have to figure out what I want to say back to him. He’s sent me a few texts.”
“Saying?”
“Just that he was sorry and he didn’t do it to hurt me and that he couldn’t help but fall in love with her because she’s so perfect for him and from day one he knew they were soul mates. Stupid stuff.”
“So he was apologetic and bragging at the same time?”
“Yeah, you could say that.” Brendon chuckled. “You aren’t my rebound, Cait. I could never do that to you.”
“Brendon-” Now he cut me off. This was getting ridiculous.
“Cait, please. From the minute I laid eyes on you I knew you were the one I wanted to be with but I didn’t know how to approach you because you’re so...above me and I thought if I got in good with your best friend and treated her like a princess...you’d see how good I could be for you.” And boy did I.
“Don’t say that.”
“Say what? All of it is true.”
“That I’m above you. I’m not.”
“Yes you are. You’re in a prestigious, important college program and I’m a land surveyor taking general courses. You’re a classy girl and I’m...a goofball.”
“Well maybe that’s what I like about you Brendon.” I blurted out.
“You like me?” I knew I was blushing. My face felt hotter, and all I could do was nod. “Well, I know this whole situation is thirteen shades of fucked up but I know if you’re willing...we could be lovely together. If you’ll have me.”
“I want to Brendon, I really do. I just need some time okay? You do too.” I told him honestly. He smiled a closed lipped smile and placed his warm, rough and surprisingly comforting hand over mine.
“Alright.” Everything was going to be okay.
Sign up to rate and review this story