Categories > Original > Sci-Fi

Generation Landslide and the Renewal of Days

by sickthingsatmidnight 0 reviews

This is a story I entered into a tall tale contest. I just kind of puke my brain onto paper. Hope you enjoy.

Category: Sci-Fi - Rating: G - Genres:  - Published: 2009-03-01 - Updated: 2009-03-01 - 1003 words - Complete

0Unrated
The abyssal night was calm. Nothing disturbed the silence of Aspendale except an annoying buzzing sound that was carried on the wind. A light appeared in the midnight sky. The noise became louder, but only the infants in the town heard the buzzing. All the little ones crawled out of their cradles and cribs and began to make for the town park. When all of them got there, the light came closer and began to land. As the huge metallic object landed, a door opened exposing an even brighter light. Out of that light stepped a creature of blue. It wore no clothes and seemed to have no gender. Its eyes were bulging out of its head and were black. The mouth of this creature was pulled back into a toothless smile.

Its long-fingered hand stretched out. Its index finger motioned for all the babies to get on board of the U.F.O. The infants stupidly obliged. When they were all inside, the creature pushed a button and closed the door. Off into the night sky the U.F.O. went, carrying all the infants with it to an unknown place in the universe.


When the creature returned with the babies, everyone was still slumbering. The infants all crawled out of the space ship and looked around at the world that they had returned to. They began to talk in perfect English. While the infants had been gone, they had been taught to take over the world for the aliens.

The babies, with their feigned innocence, began to take over Aspendale’s government offices. They tied down all the adults and children to their beds. Everyone was in panic when they woke up. All of them were either held down by rope or, cruelly, barbed wire.

Little did anyone know that there was a comet heading straight to Earth while the babies were creating machines that could distort the way things look. Trees began to look like monsters waiting to eat one’s brains. Roads began to twist into odd shapes. The babies also began to make strange, powerful weapons, such as laser guns.

The creature came back to Aspendale a week after it had first arrived. This time it brought others like it. The leading creature talked with the master baby. The leading alien asked the master baby to surrender Aspendale. But the baby refused to. This led to a war between the aliens and the babies. All the while that the babies blasted the aliens and the aliens blasted the babies, the comet crept closer to the earth. All the aliens hid in City Hall. The master baby commanded that the City Hall be distorted. When the distorter gun was shot at the building, the aliens came out in the weirdest shapes. Their eyes had gotten even more bulgy, and some of them were round, some skinny. They shot their distorted laser guns at the babies who used the distorter guns. Some perished, some got out of there to inform the master baby of their failed attempt at altering the aliens so badly that they could not fight.

On the final day of the war, the master baby and the leading alien walked into a circle and began to fight. The baby used martial arts while the alien used the ancient Martian art of Xloxxatrippo. The master baby threw a perfect kick and nailed the alien in its distorted face. This was no difficult thing to counter. The alien sent a rushing apocalyptic fist but missed. As the master baby was about to finish the fight, the comet came rushing into the atmosphere. All the babies and aliens looked into the day sky in awe. When the comet struck the earth, all the distorted roads and trees were blown away. The babies, aliens, and tethered down adults and children were taken in a gust of acidic wind. Everything was laid to waste on Earth. Every living organism was a mound of flesh and distorted bone in dirt. This was the Generation Landslide.

And the gods in their shining citadel far up in the sky laughed as the destruction of human kind took place. They had planned it all; from the aliens coming to the babies taking over a small town, to the comet that ended Mother Earth’s life…..for now.


Years after the event, now known to the gods as Diaden, the supreme god, Desciphere, decided to renew life on the desolate earth. He began by planting vegetation on the earth. Then he produced animals….the first being his symbolic animal, the eagle, and the last being the bullfrog.

He created the first new man out of the arm bone of the sky god, Atmos. Then, to create the counterpart of the man, Desciphere used the blood of the earth goddess, Anere, to invent the first new woman. The god of love, Romidov, introduced the man to the woman in the form of a swan. The man and woman mated and produced the first new children of Earth. And so began the Renewal of Days.

It would be a few billion years for the next Diaden-like event tos occur. Until then, the supreme god sat on his throne in delight of his new creation. He had gotten bored of those other humans who didn’t even worship him at the end of their lives. Now Desciphere would have worshippers at the temples he would make the new man and his sons build. He renewed his godly ego and sent for the messenger of the gods, Acromassen, to send the divine word to the humans for them to build temples now that they had learned to build shelter.

When the new man got the divine word, he immediately started plans to make two temples: one for worship in the morning and the other, at night. Thus, again, began the religion of the New World. The Renewal of Days had finally be done and the start of Deciphere’s Age began.
Sign up to rate and review this story