Categories > Original > Romance

The Phantom Lover

by sickthingsatmidnight 0 reviews

Category: Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Erotica - Warnings: [X] - Published: 2009-03-09 - Updated: 2009-03-10 - 820 words

0Unrated

Part I


Annette closed her eyes and tried to welcome much-needed sleep. She could barely sleep while her husband had to work late. Rick, Annette's husband, had been taking nights for the past week. Their marriage was on the rocks, and it seemed that no one could fix it. She knew he loved her, but he barely showed it. Polite kisses on the cheek before going to work, semi-passionate kisses while they made senseless love.

Annette and Rick had fallen in love in high school. She was sixteen, he was seventeen. They had the same period four study hall; that's where they had met. The two began dating after a day or so after the first day of school. Annette had fallen in love for Rick's mind, not his looks. He was plain as anyone could be; with his boyish face and lanky body covered with freckles. His red hair lay on top of his head. He was labeled as a "nerd". Rick was intelligent and like lightning when it came to math. Yes, she had fallen in love with someone's brain, not body. Annette was proud of that, however, she sometimes had to picture a handsome man while Rick made love to her.

As Annette lay there in their king-sized bed, she thought of when Rick had first approached her and asked her on a date. That had been fifteen years ago. She was now thirty-one and had produced one child with Rick. The boy's name was Gerald; he was named after Annette's grandfather, whom had meant loads to her. Annette still lay there, waiting for the abyssal plain of sleep. She wanted no dreams that night; none at all. She just wanted a nice, restful sleep.

She stopped thinking of everything completely to focus on that restful sleep. After ten minutes of focusing, Annette began to feel the numbness that sleep brings. She felt how her eyes began to grow heavy. But the process of going to sleep was interrupted by a tapping at her full-sized window pane. She sighed and looked up at the pane. Nothing was there, so she laid her brunette head back on the soft pillow. But the tapping began again, causing Annette to sit up startled. There was now a mist surrounding the window from the outside. Curiousity pulled her. Mystified, Annette raised her tired body out of the bed and tiptoed over to the window.

She opened the window and coldness attacked her like never before. Her skin was like goose flesh and her breath was visible. She looked around on the second floor patio, nothing was there except for that mysterious mist. Annette lifted her face towards the full moon, which illuminated the mist. Something inside her told her to sit down in the patio chair; she didn't know what told her to do that, but she obliged. She was reluctant to stay in the freezing cold but resumed her sitting position.

It grew colder and her breath became thicker. After deciding to go back inside, Annette hoisted herself out of the chair but was met with cold grasp from behind on her shoulder. She could feel the outline of a hand....a hand colder than the winter night. She slowly turned around and met the light blue gaze of a stranger. She had to look up to this muscular man for he was atleast six foot three, taller than her atleast.

"Who....." was all she could manage before the stranger put his index finger to her quivering lips. Annette obeyed this gesture.

"Close your eyes, Annette," the stranger whispered in a light tone. She obliged without reluctancy. She felt cold lips press to hers instantly. This sent a tingling sensation up through her body and produced a moan from her mouth. She could feel the rather attractive stranger smile while he caressed and kissed her. His left hand held her lower back so softly; his right held her neck in a nice grasp. His right thumb massaged her jawline with care. Annette had one hand on his chest, the other wrapped tightly around the stranger's neck.

It seemed that they began floating towards the inside of her bedroom. She didn't feel her feet moving, nor his. Annette felt the stranger's lips pull away from hers slowly, but she kept lapping her tongue around her mouth, searching for that cold orifice. She opened her eyes to see him still holding her. His smile was dangerous, but handsome. Annette could see in that smile a set of sharp incisors. To this she gave paid no mind to. She wanted those lips bakc on hers. But the stranger carefully laid her down on the bed and whispered, "This won't hurt a bit, my love," and buried his head towards her neck and shoulder. She could feel conciousness escape her. The room started to fade into that abyssal plain she had hoped for before.
Sign up to rate and review this story