During the fight at the Department of Mysteries, Harry gets taken for the ride of his life.
- good story I am really enjoying it. Is harry going to go looking for hogwarts and the ministry building in london?
Author's responseHe will be looking for both in good time. Though I will admit that the search will raise more questions than answers initially. Be patient, the questions will be eventually answered.
- I'm enjoying this story and can't wait to see where you take it. I've been a fan of Star Trek for many years, and of course I'm quite fond of Harry Potter as well. You managed to integrate them quite nicely.
Author's responseI'm glad you like it. I hope that you'll keep reading. Keep in mind that if a chapter seems a bit boring, it's probably a setup for something pretty significant later on.
(#) fubar20_02 2009-04-21 09:57:44 AMI like the story, I would like to read about what he is doing to further his magical knowledge and/or abilities.
Author's responseNot really much he can do. remember he was blasted into the 23rd century at the end of his OWLS. since for the moment he hasn't really found any witches and wizards, he doesn't really have any idea of what to do next in regards to his magical abilities. That being said he has been attempting to maintain what he does know and see what he can do in regards to improving on what he does know. He cant really do much in regards to silent or wandless casting. Occasionally he'll get a result, but he's more concerned with keeping the knowledge he has. Harry hasn't give up the search for witches and wizards, just slowed down his investigations until he can have a better base of resources to work from.
(#) The_Resident 2009-05-31 09:13:41 AMYou have done an outstanding job of melding the two universes and managed to keep the established characters true to themselves and their origin. The OCs have been handled nicely as well. Keep up the excellent work and know that there are many and will be more that look forward to future chapters of this story.
- You continue to keep both the cannon of Star Trek and of Harry Potter, up to his disappearance, intact which is a wonderful achievement.
I refer especially to Kirk admitting to the leading of the Away Teams in the original Star Trek series which any military person would recognize would have been against regulations for a CO to do, in most cases.
Even when a CO does fly a combat mission or into danger, as the NAvy Hurricane Hunters did without needing a war, it is part of the doctrine of the organization for him to do so, and it was not part of Starfleet's doctrine for the Starship CO to abandon his post, certainly not so frequently as Kirk did.
Well done and please keep writing!
- I must add my Kudos.. I'm quite pleasantly surprised at how well you have managed to combine both stories. I find that the way you managed to transition from HP to ST:TOS quite believable, unlike some FanFic's where the transition is done in a far fetched way, using obscure "Magic's" as an explanation .
You have managed to keep the characters pretty well in character, allowing them room to adapt.
Looking forward to the next exciting chapter...
Thanks for your time and effort.
- I think its a great story.. One thing i would like to mention,, earlier in the story you wrote that Harry repaired the Corvette.. Corvettes have fiberglass bodys.. Kinda hard to beat out a dent..lol.. I hope you update and finish it.... Cheers