Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > The Girl On The Side Of The Road.

King Of Wishful Thinking.

by XXPoeticTragedyXX 1 review

“We were just playin…” “Don’t be a bitch…” “Shut up, don’t call him a bitch!” “You’re don’t tell me what to do, bitch!” “You were totally kidding, right Bi...

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Angst,Humor,Romance - Published: 2009-03-20 - Updated: 2009-03-20 - 2405 words - Complete

0Unrated
Twenty two hours later The Academy is was piled back into a bus after a very long flight back to Chicago. William spent the entire flight pouting and after fifteen minutes, everyone gave up on trying to cheer him up. If he was going to be a little bitch about it then let him do so. He ignored everyone and everyone ignored him. It was a long and quiet trip for William. You know those times when you’re pissed as hell but you’re not really pissed off at your friends they’re just being so nice so you bitch them out and then they stop talking to you so you end up feeling like an asshole? Yeah, that sums up how it went.

And now it was nearing six o clock, the band was stopped near a small park because they had just a finished a small concert and Roger, the driver wanted a break before he drove everyone home. Their touring was over for now and it seemed everyone could use a good rest. Well, everyone but Bilvy.

“You might wanna slow down on the candy--”

“--I’ll eat whatever the fuck I please,” William snapped back at Sisky, who was sitting across from him in the tiny booth their bus held. Across the table, next to Beckett sat The Butcher who was busy scrunching up his face and looking back and forth between his cards and Sisky. He studied the cards. Then Sisky. Then the cards. The Sisky. Then th---

“Come on, dude, hurry up!”

“Wait, Bitch!”

“I’ve been waiting for like, a fucking hour!”

“Yeah, right! Two minutes!”

“I don’t care. Go! And you!” Sisky turned his attention to William again who was now stuffing a cookie into his mouth, literally. “Stop being a pig!”

“Ahm hungry,” was William’s angry but un-intimidating reply. He glared at Adam, swallowed the remains of his cookie, and leaned into The Butcher. “Ask him if he has any seven’s…”

“HEY! Don’t tell him my cards!”

“The don’t yell at me.”

Andy just placed down his cards. “Got any Sevens?”

“Fuck you,” Adam muttered and chucked his seven at Andy and pouted. “See if I share my ice cream with you next time you’re hungry, fatty.” With a dignified glare, he stuck his tongue out at William who opened his mouth to retaliate.

“He doesn’t need any ice cream,” Michael chimed in. “He’s too busy stuffing his face with that pack of gummy worms we bought the other day.”

“Awwuh, Willy’s eating his feelings!”

William pitched a gummy worm at Mike, then at Chizzie. “I’m right here, you fuckers! I can hear you!”

“And now he’s learning to share!” Chizzie popped the worm into his mouth.

With a glare and a pout, William pushed himself up and did his best to smile evily (cause we all know that‘s hard for him). “Okay,“ He nodded and pulled out his cell phone, the bag of worms still in his other hand. “Order, and pay for your own pizza bitches, I’m the one with the freebies!” He gave a smug smile at the look of horror on their faces. Yeah! What now, jerks? His hands went on his hips. (William, your hips don’t lie, bby.)

A large groan could be heard from outside the bus as the rest of the band broke out into whines. William was the ONLY one Georgo from Giordanos gave free pizza too and it was the best in town, no competition.

“We were just playin…”

“Don’t be a bitch…”

“Shut up, don’t call him a bitch!”

“You’re don’t tell me what to do, bitch!”

“You were totally kidding, right Bilvy?”

“Don’t call me a bitch, bitch!”

“Does anyone got any sevens?”

“Right?”

“Bitch.”

“You’re face is a bitch.”

“You’re bitch is a bitch.”

“You’re all a bunch of bitches.”

“…Hey…Where’d William go?”

Four pairs of eyes turned to the empty spot William had occupied eight seconds ago.

Michael looked up. “…Does this mean we gotta buy our own pizza?”

Four gummy words were aimed and fired and he ducked. “I’ll take that as a yes.”

*

Each step was counted. Every break on the sidewalk was counted. And every time William saw a purple shirt go by he was so caught off guard he would glance up wildly. He was bored, and he was hungry. He was frustrated and lonely. Once you were reduced to counting things on the sidewalk for amusement, you knew it was bad. And all that talk about pizza had gotten his stomach stirring. To eat or not to eat was the question…and we all know the answer.

The bell above his head rang lightly as he stepped in and the strong smell of and Pizza sauce filled his nostrils. Two seconds in and his mouth was already watering for Pizza. Pepperoni sounded great…with extra cheese…yeahhh…William glanced down at his phone for the time and stepped up to the counter quickly and it was at the moment--6:37 to be exact--that someone else collided into him, and pizza decorated his lovely brown and blue pearl snap button up shirt. It did not happen in slow motion. Actually, it happened rather quickly that it took him a second to realize what was happening. “Whoa,” he stumbled back and ended up on the floor. See, this was not partially not his fault. This was ENTIRELY his fault.

Had he been paying attention instead muttering darkly at his sidekick then he wouldn’t have stopped two inches away from the person who was at the counter paying. Then when she turned around, because suddenly an alarming text had been sent to her, she wouldn’t have been face to face with him, closer than two strangers should have been, and freaked out. Then she wouldn’t have jumped and the yummy pizza she had just bought wouldn’t have gone to waste on him. Duh.

It all happened like this: William glances down, she gets a text, he steps forwards and she turns around, they collide and he lands on the floor. (:

He hit the floor with a rather…hard thud. “Mannn,” He sat up and with a disgusted look, and peeled off a slice of pizza from his chest. There was a dark red stain in the shape of a pizza on his shirt and sauce dripped from it. Now he was going to smell like pizza until he changed. Great. He let the slice drop on top of the fallen box.


“I’m really sorry!” The person bit her lip and stared down at him horrified. This was not good at all. In fact, it was downright embarrassing.

“I’ll--I’ll pay to have your shirt cleaned,” she told him quickly and dug in her pocket. Yes, she would give him the money and get out of there.

“It’s fine,” he started to say and glanced up at her only to have a tiny heart attack.

“It--Its fine, don’t worry about it, he said quickly and scrambled to his feet eagerly. She stepped back from simultaneously. “I’m really sorry but I have to go!” She pushed a twenty dollar in his direction and fled as he stood there in complete incomprehension and that lasted about two seconds before he jumped back into reality and ran after her. This time she wasn’t going anywhere. This had to be some kind of sign. Three times! Three times they had run into each, this was no coincidence, it just couldn’t be. How could you stick a casual label on this like it was nothing. People didn’t continually run into each other. Especially when one of them was avoiding the other like a plague. At least that’s how it seemed to him.

“Wait! Please don’t leave!” He half yelled the words so loudly the rest of the people around him turned to stare. He pushed past the doors and out onto the sidewalk, the pizza incident long forgotten. The only thing that mattered was to stop her. Name, name, name. Silence. Emptiness. Nothing but his words echoed on the empty street. Nothing but his frustration accompanied him. He was alone where he stood and only the wind rustled around him. And she…she was gone. As if she had never been there. Was he possibly going mad? Maybe she didn’t even exist. Maybe, he was totally out of his ever loving mind.

As much as he wanted to scream at the top of his lungs just then, he did not.

He would not.

He refused to keep thinking about her. Screw this. She was just a stranger; some girl. He didn’t even know her. I will not let her get to me. She’s nobody. Turning on his heel, he shoved his hands into his pockets and kicked the sidewalk before heading back in the direction he came. She’s nobody.

Ha. Sure. Another thing he wanted to believe but, he could not. Because lately, she had been everything. Lately, she had been the only person that took up space in his mind. Standing there hopeless, his arms at his sides, he sighed. This was strike three, wasn’t it?

*

“This is ridiculous,” he muttered and snuck back onto the bus. His goal was to get to the shower as quietly as possible, but well, it was like what, eight o clock? There was no way any of his bandmates were asleep. However, the lights were off….he prayed anyway. The door creaked as he slipped past it.

“Is it?” Someone asked darkly and the lights came on. Four pairs of eyes glared up at him from the couch. Well, technically three, because Chizzie was pouting more than anything. Everyone had their hands clasped together and was wearing their hoods up. And that’s not all. They were all wearing identical sunglasses. Really. William interally kicked himself and stopped in front of the small crowd, hands on his hips. “What are you losers doing?”

“Did you at least bring us some food?” Mike demanded.

“N-No?”

“We’re starving, you know.”

“Yeah, bu--”

“Why is there a stain in the shape of a pizza on your shirt?”

“Oh, I ran into--”

“He had pizza without us!”

“No, I didn’t!”

“We haven’t eaten all day.”

“--Bu I sa--”

“How selfish.”

“I’m sorr---HEY.” His eyes flickered downward on something familiar. He kicked the empty pizza box sticking out from under the couch and glared back. “Ohoho, what do we have here boys?”

Eight hands went to shove the white and red pizza hut box back under the couch and William put his foot down on it. Several excuses filled the air.

“That’s fake.”

“That’s not really there.”

“What’s what?”

“Nothing--something to look at because we were so hungry.”

“Oh?” William narrowed his eyes and kicked the box so it opened. “…That cheese looks fresh! You liars! You ordered pizza and you think you could make me feel bad, you little bitches!”

“We love you?”

“Shuddup,” he muttered at Adam and dramatically collapsed on him so that Sisky had to catch him. Sisky huffed as William fell on him and shoved the boy. “Those are my ribs, you fucker.”

William ignored him. “I saw her. Again. Tell me that’s not a sign.” With a quick breath he blew his bangs out of his eyes and then they fell back over them. “There’s no way that was a coincidence.”

“Okay, you caught me,” Sisky bowed his head, “The truth is, I’m God and I’ve playing with both of your emotions.”

“Jerk.”

“Eye-ell-why?

“No.”

“I agree with Billiam. There’s no way it’s a coincidence.” The Butcher nodded quickly.

“Oh, please!” Michael drawled out. “They just happened to keep running in each other. And she‘s obviously not interested.”

“No way, everything happens for a reason.”

“Bullshit.”

“I gotta find her,” William whispered and adjusted him so that his feet were on Mike. “I don’t care if she keeps avoiding me. I’m going to talk to her.”

“Dude, just let her go.” Adam sighed. “If she doesn’t wanna talk to you then there’s no reason to keep bothering her.”

“Well, maybe she does want to.” William gave a defiant nod. “Maybe she just has places to be.”

“Uhuh..”

“Well, today, She was all ‘I gotta go’ and ran off.”

“Did she say where?”

“Well, no…”

“I bet she’s lying.”

“Why would she lie?”

“Yeah,” Andy sat up straighter and scratched his head. “Bilvy’s a great guy. There’s like a million chicks who want him. I seriously doubt she doesn’t like him.”

“He’s William, not a God.”

“Guys, still here.” William raised his hand but was ignored.

“Well, I think he should go find her.”

Mike shook his head. “And I think he should let her go.”

“William,” Adam muttered.

“Go find her,” Andy pointed at William. “If you like her that much.”

“William…”

Between Mike and Andy no one would ever win. “No, Bill, just let her go.”

Chizzie pouted. “I want more pizza…”

“William…”

William didn’t even know what the hell to do anymore. Not even his bandmates were of any help to him. And if they couldn’t help him, who could? What did a guy do in this situation? He was so used to know where to go next, what to say, and now he didn‘t even know what was happening. “I don’t know,” he bit his lip. “What if she thinks I’m weird?”

“You are weird.”

“You know what I mean…”

“William…”

“I just…I have to talk to her.”

“Then find her,” Andy said firmly as Sisky’s hand collided with the side of William’s head roughly.

“WILLIAM, YOU WANKER, THOSE ARE MY GODDAMN RIBS.”

*



A/N: Sorry I slacked off on my updates. I love writing Sisky. He's so much fun! And I love you all. :] So tell me what you think and leave me a hug, too? Oh, and what do you think. Should he let her go? Come on guys, I need reviews if you want this to continue.
Sign up to rate and review this story