Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance

Manthem

by Nikki 17 reviews

Frerard ;D

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama,Romance - Characters: Frank Iero,Gerard Way - Published: 2009-03-21 - Updated: 2009-03-21 - 2255 words

4Hot
Okay, this is my new project! Don’t worry I won’t forget about “Just a Small Town Girl” but I’ve had this story racking around in my brain for ages and figured I should write it out and see how you all like it. This is just a little semi-song fic that’s probably a one-shot (though it will be spread out in chapters); this is completely dedicated to the second greatest band ever, The Bouncing Souls (surpassed only by My Chemical Romance), for the use of their song ‘Manthem’ for inspiring this story. Also, (I know I hate when author’s notes last forever, too. Sorry.) I felt I should let you know that this is high school but not actually lined up with time in reality; you’ll see. Yeah, it’s Frerard ;) I hope you all enjoy!
xoxox -Nikki


Chapter one- He’s my friend


I walked up the short driveway to the Way’s house. I hit the half-broken door bell and wait for someone to answer. I look around aimlessly, seeing little things I’ve never noticed before: the American flag waving two houses down; the slightly overgrown weeds at the left side of the porch; hell, even the welcome mat that was missing and ‘L’ caught my attention. I laughed lightly to myself; the mat now said ‘we come’. Some one answered the door.

He pulled the door open. “Hey, uh, Frank,” Gerard said. He was standing there in some dark denim jeans and what looked like a Smashing Pumpkins shirt. He moved out of the way, letting me in and shutting the door behind me. “Mikey’s not here, ya know.”

“Oh,” I said. I was a little bummed, but I had just walked all this way, and I really didn’t mind Gerard. He was a little creepy, but hey, who isn’t? Besides I could wait for Mikey to get back. “Okay, so you know when he’ll be back?” I asked.

He scratched the side of his head, pushing his hair back behind his ear somewhat. He was letting his hair grow out, I noted. It looked good, I liked it. I mean, it suited him well. “I don’t really know...” Gerard said while he picked up a little book from the coffee table in the living room. “No, wait, he’s staying at our Grandma’s tonight,” Gerard amended. “I’m sorry you made this trip for nothing, Frank.”

I nodded my head. “Naw, it’s cool,” I said rocking on my heels. “I guess.... I’ll go now.” I started to turn toward the door to leave.

Gerard let his hand that held the, what I now noticed to be, sketchbook in it fall to his side. “Wait,” he said. I turned around to see what he wanted. “You could, um, stay here and hang out.... with me, if you want.”

I pursed my lips. I smiled a little bit. “Yeah, sure. That’d be real cool,” I said. “So... where’s your room?”

He started to walk to the back of the house. “Uh, actually I kinda live in the basement. Do basements, like, creep you out or anything?” he asked awkwardly.

We walked down the stairs to the basement. His room was a little dark and grimy, but it’s a basement so I didn’t expect much else. “Wow, we really don’t know each other, Gee,” I said laughing, but I stopped laughing. “I-I just heard Mikey call you that a lot.... You don’t mind, do you?”

Gerard looked a little shocked. “No, course I don’t mind,” he said. There was pause.

It might have been the single most awkward moment of my life. Nope, I take that back; the most awkward moment would definitely have to be coming out to Mikey. Yep, that topped it all. Damn, the kid didn’t even know anyone could like both girls and boys. I think that might have been the first time he heard the word ‘bisexual’ too.

“You do ya say that?” Gerard asked me. It took me a little while to remember what he was talking about. I probably looked like a total lunatic.

“Cause,” I said, stopping my Jersey accent from slurring too much. Note to self: stop being from New Jersey. “I like creepy things, and yeah, that means basements. I asked my mom once if I could move in the basement, but she said no because... well, she never gave me a reason. She just said ‘cause I said so’ and that was that.” I was rambling but at least we were making conversation. That was a step up I guess.

“Creepy things?” Gerard asked laughing a bit. “Like, cemeteries and death and stuff?” I glared at him playfully.

I said, “I resent that. Cemeteries are not creepy... they’re peaceful.”

“Oh, I totally agree,” he said nodding in agreement. “So what else do you like? Ya know, besides ‘creepy things’?” Gerard asked me.

I spun once in t he swivel chair that I was sitting in at his desk. “Hmm,” I mused, “I like... chocolate and music. Yeah lots of music. And I like friends, comics, piercings, shiny stuff in general, tattoos, boys, playing guitar, mashed potatoes, and music,” I said thinking I finished it all. “Wait. Did I already say music?”

Gerard nodded from his bed but stopped mid-nod. “B-boys?” he asked hesitantly. I almost laughed out loud at him. Those Ways and their lack of exposure to the homosexual world!

“Yup,” I said popping the ‘p’. “Is that an issue? Cause I’ll leave, ya know,” I said with maybe a touch of bitterness. No way I was staying there if he’s homophobic. Ain’t gonna happen.

“No. Hell no,” he said. “Do you really think I’m a homophobe? Seriously?” he asked. He seemed a little offended.

“No. Not really,” I said. “I just... well, when I told Mikey he kinda freaked so I just figured....”

Gerard shrugged. “Sorry to disappoint you, but I’m not my brother,” he said sarcastically. I liked this kid. He was a sarcastic, morbid little fuck. Just like me. Why hadn’t we met each other before?

I got up out of the chair I was in and flopped on the end of the bed. “Naw, it’s cool. I mean, you’re not too bad a knockoff,” I said teasingly.

“You’re such and ass,” Gerard said rolling his eyes... which are yellow by the way.

I shrugged off the insult. “Yeah, maybe, but I’m cute so whatever,” I said seriously.

Gerard looked at me like I had grown a third eye. And then we burst into laughter. “How narcissistic can you be, Frankie?” he asked me laughing.

I bit my lip to keep from laughing. “Frankie? Aww, that’s so cute!” I exclaimed, laughing though I tried not to.

“C’mon, you act like you’ve never been called Frankie before,” Gerard said. He nudged me with his elbow. We were lying horizontally across his bed, laughing our asses off at the most random shit. Priceless.

I elbowed him back. “Well, yeah, but it sounds so much cuter when you say it,” I said giggling.

“Truth or dare?” Gerard asked, completely off topic. I had to admit, this was a nice way to get to know someone.

I bounced my head as if I was thinking, though I knew what my answer would be. “Truth,” I said in a bored tone though I couldn’t wait to ask him something.

He grinned. “When’d you loose your virginity?” Gerard asked.

I looked at him quizzically. I didn’t want to tell him that I hadn’t had sex. Well, once, but I was drunk and so was she, and I was barely thirteen; it doesn’t count. I didn’t want to look stupid by asking him to repeat the question, hoping he’d take a hint and change it. I just did the best think I thought of. “Boy or girl?” I asked, well, blurted would be a more accurate word.

His face went blank. I grinned at him; I totally won this unspoken ‘who can make the other the most uncomfortable’ contest. He smirked at me. “Boy.”

Fuck. He played dirty. Gerard was right; he really isn’t Mikey. Not even close.

The grin fell from my face like an anvil off of the Empire State Building. “I’ve never fucked a dude. Well, besides Mikey...” I said with one of those looks that said ‘Yeah, I just went there’.

“What?!” Gerard almost screamed. “And he made fun of me when I...” Gerard looked at me and saw the giant smile plastered on my lips.

“When what?” I asked, smiling. His eyes narrowed at me whilst I continued beaming.

“None of your fucking business.” I thought he was upset that I had just said I banged his brother, but Gerard seemed light-hearted about my joke.

“Truth or dare?”

“Dare,” Gerard said. He probably thought that I was going to ask him what he was going to say a moment ago, but because he picked dare he thought it wouldn’t be possible. Wrong.

I stuck my tongue in my cheek thoughtfully. “I dare you to tell me what your brother made fun of you about that you don’t wanna tell me,” I said, making sure that I covered all loopholes and such.

“Fuck. You’re sneaky,” Gerard said in ‘damn you’ tone. “We were in Hot Topic one time and there was this chick and this dude working there, and Mikey was totally hitting on the chick, and I didn’t know that. So I was all like, ‘yup, I’d bang him’ and Mikey was like what the fuck?” he continued glaring at me. “Yeah, he called me a fag for three weeks.”

I laughed at him and told him that fag wasn’t a nice word. He threw a pencil at my head.

We played truth or dare for the next four or five hours, resulting in some seriously hilarious stuff. Gerard ended up snorting some paint powder; telling me dresses in drag for ‘special’ occasions; admitting that he has an unhealthy obsession with boas; smelling a sock that was under his bed and looked as if had been there for a few years.

Unfortunately, I wound up a lot worse off. I told him that up until I was twelve I pretended to be an elf; eating an olive that fell off a piece of pizza a week ago (it was on his desk?); taking out my nose ring and licking it; revealing that I was suspended from school in third grade for hitting my math teacher in the face.

It was about ten o’clock when Gerard said, “Do you wanna just stay here tonight?”

Instead of answering, I kicked off my shoes and crawled to the top of the bed and snuggled in some covers. “Yeah, uh-huh,” I mumbled sleepily.

Gerard laughed at me but tossed his shirt and pants and shoved me over, falling in the bed boxer-clad. You know those boxers that dudes always wear on TV with hearts on them? Yeah, he has those on.

“G’night, Gee,” I said.

“Truth or dare, Frankie?” he asked me. Was he fucking serious? There isn’t a damn question he hasn’t asked me already. He might as well have said dare or dare?

I rolled my eyes, but they were closed so he probably didn’t see. “Dare, Gerard, dare,” I said, really waving off this whole thing with the tone in my voice.

“I dare you to kiss me.”

My eyes shot open. “S-say what now?” I asked. He did not just say that. No fucking way. I’m hearing things.

“I didn’t stutter,” Gerard said seriously. My eyes got wider, if possible, umm, okay.

I bit my lip nervously and untangled my arms from the covers. I sat up and leaned over him, hovering really. I placed my hands on either side of him, knotting my fingers in his hair with my left hand; placing my right hand on his cheek. I leaned down and kissed his lips lightly and he kissed back; I kissed rougher and Gerard slipped his tongue in my mouth.

Our tongues battled for dominance while my abs gave out from supporting my entire body and I fell on top of him—neither of us broke the kiss, and if anything, kissed more heartily. Gerard put his hand on my back, pulling me closer. I ran my tongue over his teeth; cigarettes.

His hands ran down and back up my back, stopping at the nape of my neck and holding me firmly. I gave up; I had to breathe. I pulled away from the kiss, just barely; my forehead resting on his. I ground my hips into his for good measure—let’s say I was right about something. I fell over in the crook of his arm.

“Goodnight, Gerard,” I said smirking in the darkness.

I could feel him shake his head. “Great night, Frankie,” he moaned out, “great night.”



Remember, no reviews, no updates. Seriously, yo! I'm thinking like five reviews for the next chapter in order to get more story? Oh and I'm not encouraging it but... spam reviewing is NOT frowned upon ;)


Here: It's my Panic! At The Disco fan fic!
http://www.ficwad.com/story/119051
Sign up to rate and review this story