Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > Press Play

time to pretend

by killxsmile 2 reviews

Now she knows.

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Romance - Published: 2009-03-24 - Updated: 2009-03-25 - 743 words

1Ambiance
Author's Note: Not gonna lie. I'm kind of disappointed with the lack of reviews on this story, because this is one of my favorite pieces of writing thus far.

As usual, this goes out to Tissamy.

NINE: time to pretend

J U L I E T

“Why are you making such a big deal about what I wear?” I asked, setting my iPod to Brand New.
“Me? Making a big deal? I’m not making a big deal,” she said, defensively.
“Liar,” I replied, docking the small metal device on a set of speakers.
“Me? Lying? I’m not lying.”
“Whenever you lie, you turn the accusation into questions, then try reassuring yourself.”

She opened her mouth to say something, but quickly shut it.

“Fine,” she said, putting her hands up. “I admit that there’s a reason I want you look extra pretty.”
“And what would that reason be?”
“I want us to make a good impression on Parker’s friends,“ she said. “…And there may or may not be a boy we want you to meet,” she quickly tagged on.
“In other words, you’re trying to set me up with someone.”
“Well…”
“Laaaaace,” I whined, collapsing onto my bed. She, on the other hand, continued tearing my closet apart.

“Juliet, you said it yourself: ‘I‘ve had a month to act like a douche and feel sorry for myself. It‘s abo’— “
“About time I get out of the apartment,‘” I finished, mentally slapping myself. “Yeah, I know but—”
“No buts. You and I are going to have an amazing time tonight,” she said, throwing clothes my way.

Lacey may have been interfering with my personal life, but she still knew how to coordinate an outfit. While marveling in her multitasking abilities, I quickly slipped off the t-shirt I was wearing and changed into the dark blue baby doll she had tossed over.

…We don’t believe in filler, baby—

“Hey!” I protested as she paused the music. “I was listening to that!”
“Yeah, and for the past few months, it’s all that I’ve been able to hear. I appreciate Brand New as much as the next person, but this is ridiculous. You need to listen to something more upbeat. Happy. Undepressing.

After fiddling around with my iPod, she set it back on the speakers.

I'm feeling rough, I'm feeling raw, I'm in the prime of my life
Let's make some music, make some money, find some models for wives


“Have you at least met the guy?” I asked, getting back to the subject at hand while MGMT played in the background.
“Not exactly…”

“Laaace,“ I sighed as I looked at my reflection. I liked what I saw, but I didn’t like what I was hearing. For all I knew, they were setting me up with some creep who sits around in a basement playing Warcraft all day.

“Parker’s a sweet guy. I doubt that he associates with assholes,” she said, reassuring me.

She made a good point. Parker was the kind of boy that you could bring home to mom, dad, and the super picky grandparents.

Fifteen minutes later, we had finished applying our makeup. Five minutes after that, we were bundled up in her car. Twenty minutes after that, we arrived at Parker’s apartment.

“Hey,” he warmly said, opening the door. “I’ve gotta pick the guys up from the airport, but pizza’s on it’s way and money’s on the table. Help yourself to anything in the fridge if you get hungry before it gets here.”
“Thanks, Parker,” I said, before taking a seat on the couch.
“No problem.”

He pulled Lacey into a hug and planted a kiss on her lips. “I’ll be back soon,” he said, forehead pressed against hers.
“You better.”
“I will.”

They shared another quick kiss before he grabbed his keys and hurried into the hallway. After locking the door, Lacey plopped onto the couch with a goofy grin spread across her face.

“You look happy,” I commented.
“I am happy… And by the end of the night, you will be, too.”

I opened my mouth to say something, but decided against it. Instead, I smiled and nodded.

Smiling and nodding.
I had a feeling that I would be doing a lot of that.

+++++
Yeah, I'm kind of in love with Brand New.

Anyways, please rate/review.
I'd really appreciate it if you did.
Sign up to rate and review this story