Categories > Original > Sci-Fi > The Rise and Fall of New America

The Dawn of New America (Chapter Two)

by xl0nelywriterx 0 reviews

You'll see.

Category: Sci-Fi - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama - Published: 2009-04-03 - Updated: 2009-04-04 - 369 words

0Unrated
"Shut the fuck up, Dora."
The caretaker pressed her hand against her head.
"Ow." The caretaker said. Then, she looked right up, with a completely fixated expression. "What were we talking about?"
"You can leave, Olga." Dora said. As soon as the caretaker left, Koda finished with me. "Kole, you cannot use those words anymore. Olga doesn't know these words. We have entered a censorship chip in your brain. It's a little memory card that makes a shocking signal that makes your mind set off and lose its pattern of thought whenever you discuss things like the holocaust, or any of the great world wars, or anything that isn't included in New America. This also includes homosexual activity, mentions of disabilities of any kind, or swear words...to name a few things. Soon, the censorship chip will set in within a good two hours. It was most difficult to put in, Kole. Your brain is shaped different then the rest of ours. It's probably why you rebelled against us. Anyone exceeding in intellegence must be overthrown in fear of them overthrowing us. Soon enough you'll forget this conversation, Kole. I hope you understand, if you ever do get the chance to remember this conversation, which you won't--that I'm only doing this for the good of other people. I'm the same Dora you used to know, I'm just trying to make the world a better place."
"Why would I forget about this conversation?" I asked.
"Soon enough, you'll forget any trace of your old life. Eventually, over time, you'll forget everything. Everything, that is, before New America. All babies that are born now will know nothing but New America. And all the citizens of New America now have signed exclusive contracts that they've agreed to New America. They've agreed to their censorship chips and everything...and they've agreed to forget. But all of you rebels in here just made it harder on your ownselves. You'll be here until you forget. We guarantee. We're fully prepared for keeping you for a full lifetime." Dora said, with a smirk on her face. She gazed into my eyes for a few moments. "I'll summon Olga back to send you with your new innmate."
Sign up to rate and review this story