Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > Lasting Impressions

Acting Begins

by killxsmile 3 reviews

Time to out your game face on.

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama,Humor,Romance - Published: 2009-04-05 - Updated: 2009-04-05 - 1953 words - Complete

1Moving
Author's Note:

THANK YOUS go out to the following people:
Tissamy: I read what you have posted for 'To the Moon and Back' and it's nothing short of amazing. I'm hooked.

somethingorother: Party this chapter! I hope you enjoy it ;)

doyleangel: Yes. It's unfortunate, but ficwad's notification system is dead. Anyways, thanks for the feedback. It's nice to know that there are Gkarth lovers here. lol.

Now the actual story...

Acting begins.

“Remember, stick to the plan,” I said, shifting my Jetta into park.
“Yeah, yeah. I only came here with you because something is wrong with my car. Once we step outside, we can’t stand each other,” Alex said.

I pulled my keys out of the ignition and headed out the door, but his hand pulled me back inside.

“Hold on,” he said. “If we’re not gonna make out at the party, I’ll need to get it out of my system now.”
“But somebody might see us,” I said. We were, after all, parked fairly close Lindsey’s house.
“Not if we’re in the backseat.”

I shot him a look that conveyed something along the lines of “are you fucking kidding me?”

“I swear, this isn’t a ploy to get in your pants,” he defended.

Irrational as it sounds, something about his expression told me that he was telling the truth. Either that, or my brain was simply desperate for an excuse to make out with him.

“God, I can’t believe I’m doing this…” I mumbled, crawling into the backseat.

Following me, Alex let out a chuckle. Once seated, he eagerly cupped my cheek in his hand and pressed his mouth against mine. As I parted my lips, I could feel his fingers tangling into my hair. Though I was reluctant at first, there was no denying that I wanted it as much as he did.

Half an hour later, we were still fully clothed, but lying across the backseat of my car. Panting, I looked up at him. “Think you’ve got it out of your system?”
“Not even close,” he sighed. “But if we don’t get out of the car now, I won’t be able to keep the promise I made earlier.”

Chuckling, I climbed off him and sat upright. After we fixed our hair and straightened our clothes, I planted a quick peck on his lips. Then the both of us headed toward the party.

Once inside, Lindsey greeted me with a hug and dragged me toward the kitchen. Alex, on the other hand, wandered off toward the alcohol.

“There’s somebody I want you to meet,” she said.
“Who?”
“My friend Noah. 5’8”, brown eyes, super gorgeous,” she replied as someone handed her a cup of beer. “He’s the perfect guy to help you get over Eric.”
“Linds…” I whined.
“Oh, don’t be such a baby. I’m trying to help you out.”
“I don’t need your help. I’m perfectly capable of finding a guy on my own,” I said, matter-of-factly.
“I know, but I can’t resist. He’s just your type: smart, funny as hell, really laid back, and his favorite movie is S.L.C. Punk.”
“If he’s so great, why doesn’t he have a girlfriend?” I asked, trying to find a flaw in her plan.
“She cheated and he dumped her ass,” she quickly replied. “See, you two are a match made in heaven.”
“I still don’t know about this…”
“Aww, c’mon. It’s not like you already have a boyfriend.”

Alex’s name crossed my mind, but if we wanted to keep our relationship under wraps, we’d need to keep up appearances; I rolled my eyes in frustration and continued to follow her. When we reached the kitchen, she threw her now empty cup into the trash and pulled me toward the back of the room.

“Noah, this is Chloe.”
“Hey,” he warmly said, extending a hand toward me. “Lindsey’s had a lot of good things to say about you.”
“I could say the same about you.”

Wanting a break from Lindsey’s not-so-subtle watch, Noah and I moved our conversation to the living room.

Whether this was due to my ties to Alex, or Noah’s lack of an ‘it’ factor, I kept the flirting to a bare minimum.

Glancing over Noah’s shoulder, I noticed a pretty blonde hitting on Alex. It was amusing to say the least. She was clearly drunk, teetering side to side as she pulled him toward the center of the room. While the couple enjoyed themselves on the dance floor, Noah offered to get me a drink.

“What do you want?” he asked.
“7 & 7.”
“Alright.”

His absence gave me an optimal view of Alex and Tipsy McGee. It took most of my willpower to keep from laughing when she sloppily tried to kiss him. He turned away and she whined, stomping off toward the back. He shrugged it off and took it as an opportunity to get another beer, where, of course, a petite brunette shamelessly tried to strike up conversation. At this rate, half more than half the girls at the party would hit on him before the night was through.

You’d think I’d be jealous, but I found the whole thing pretty entertaining.

Noah returned with our drinks, and by the taste of it, he went heavy on the Seagram (not that I was complaining). We continued talking for about half an hour about nothing in particular. Though he hid it well, when the subject of his ex came up I sensed that he still wasn’t over her.

After finishing our second round of drinks, he asked if I wanted to dance. I smiled and took his hand while he led me toward the mob of people grinding to the latest hit by T-Pain.

His hands found their way to my hips while mine wrapped around his neck. We stood there grinding to a few songs before my brother took over the DJ position and started playing Miley Cyrus.

While a barrage of plastic cups (empty and filled) flew in his direction, Noah and I busted out laughing.

“Alright, alright! I get it, you’re not fans of Hannah Montana!” my brother said, shielding his face.

Thankfully, some guy named Tim (or Tom, I forget which) put the decent music back on. Just as Noah and I started dancing again, Alex pushed us apart.

“What the hell do you think you’re doing?” he loudly slurred over the sound of 3Oh!3.
“Chloe, do you know this guy?” Noah asked.
“Yeah, he’s one of my brother’s friends. Gets kind of protective of me.”
“Answer me! What the hell do you think you’re doing?”

He shoved at Noah’s chest, leaving me to run damage control.

“Alex, chill out. I think you’ve had a little too much to drink,” I said before the taller of the two had a chance to retaliate.
“Just because I’m drunk doesn’t mean I’m blind,” he spat.
“Chloe, if he’s bothering you--”
“Don’t worry,” I reassured, shaking my head. “Could you just give me a few minutes to talk some sense into him?”
“Alright…” Noah skeptically replied.
“C’mon, Alex. Let’s go outside for a little bit.”
“Fine,” he reluctantly replied.

The backyard was private enough. There were a few people smoking cigarettes and weed, too caught up in their own conversations to notice us.

“Do you like me, Chloe?” he earnestly asked.

The sudden change in mood caught me off guard, but it was much better than the psycho jealous Alex I’d encountered inside.

“You know I do, Gaskarth.”
“Then why were you dancing with that other guy?” he asked, pouting.
“Because I like dancing, babe.”
“Why weren’t you dancing with me then?”
“Because we’d inevitably start making out and my brother would attack you with a broken Corona bottle.”
“Oh. Yeah…” he said, looking down. “Sorry.”
“Don’t worry about it. I think it’s time to head home anyways.”
“Okay.”

While he went through the back gate and straight to the car, I went back inside and said my goodbyes to everyone (well everyone except for my brother, who was busy making out with a random girl on the couch). Noah seemed disappointed, but as I left, a tall blonde happily swooped in and took my place.

When I reached the black Jetta, Alex was already waiting for me. With a high pitched beep! beep! I unlocked the doors. He quickly slid into the passenger’s side and fumbled with his seatbelt. The cutest look of frustration spread across his face as he unsuccessfully attempted to fasten it.

“Need some help?” I asked. After a few more failed attempts he looked up and nodded. Softly laughing, I buckled him in.
“Thanks.”

“So where am I taking you? Your place or mine?”
“Can I stay with you tonight?” he asked, voice as innocent as a 5-year old.
“Sure.”
“Mmkay.”

As I drove to my apartment, he quietly sang along to the radio. By the time I parked, however, he was mumbling something about cupcakes and light sabers in his sleep.

“Wake up, Alex. We’re here,” I said, gently shaking his shoulder.

He groggily rubbed his eyes and with some effort, got up. Once on his feet, he slipped his arm over my shoulder and I guided him into the building.

“I’m tired,” he mumbled, leaning against my shoulder.
“I know, but we’re almost at my apartment. Just stay awake for a few more minutes, alright?”
“Alright,” he softly replied, hugging me closer to his side.

Steering clear from the plants in the lobby, I somehow made it to the elevator.

“Scott, could you hold it?” I called out, as the steel doors began to slide shut. Fortunately, he pressed the button just in time.

“Thanks,” I said, stepping inside. Alex mumbled something into my shoulder as I leaned against the railing.

“Looks like you two had fun tonight,” Scott joked. “Lindsey’s?”
“Yeah, how’d you know?”
“I stopped by before hitting up Harry’s bachelor party.”
“Nice.”
“Wait, where’s Jack?” he asked, noticing that the other half of my drunken duo was MIA.
“Still whoring himself out.”
“Haha. Well, have fun playing hangover nurse,” he said, as the door opened on the third floor.
“Oh, I’m sure I will,” I replied as the sleepy singer buried his head in the crook of my neck.

Disoriented, Alex clung onto my waist as I led the way down the hall. As I dug around for my keys, he started kissing the back of my neck. It was extremely distracting, but I wasn’t complaining. Inebriated or not, the boy knew how to use his lips.

Once inside, I locked the door and tossed my keys onto the coffee table. The sound of the metal against glass followed by metal against wood told me that they were now on the floor. Ignoring that, I kicked my shoes off. Alex did the same, with his lips still attached to my neck.

When we reached my bedroom, he collapsed onto the mattress and sprawled out over the covers. I lazily crawled in next to him and pulled a blanket over us.

“Good night,” I said, kissing his forehead.
“Sweet dreams,” he mumbled, nuzzling into my neck.

+++++
RATINGS & REVIEWS make the my world go round.
It's the truth.

As always, also go check out rawrlittledino & moocow's stuff.
In addition to that, start reading Tissamy's fic, 'To the Moon and Back.' Tis pretty spectacular so far.
Sign up to rate and review this story