Categories > Original > Humor

Monsters vs. Aliens

by voidblade 0 reviews

A Short Narrative of My First Movie Experience of the Summer of 2009

Category: Humor - Rating: G - Genres: Humor,Romance - Published: 2009-04-12 - Updated: 2009-04-12 - 545 words - Complete

0Unrated
I knew before walking into the cinema that this movie wouldn't entertain me. The premise of poorly developed animated monsters jumping around the screen fighting big-headed aliens doesnt really appeal to my standards of what a good movie should be. It was Summer movie fodder, just another filler family movie to see between Watchmen and Wolverine.
I came here with my friends, seven guys and ten girls. The girls didn't wanna watch the other movies so I agreed to their decision to watch this utter waste of my movie money. I just wanted to sit with HER anyway, doesnt matter what we're watching.
She sat on my left, we were the only people in our row. The other girls bought their tickets early so they all sat next to each other, several rows in front of us. My friends were seated near us but in different rows, a few of them were directly in front of us, thank God they didn't turn around.
The movie was just about to begin, the lights were dim and there were last minute vendors selling drinks and chips. I called one and bought two cans of Coke, then gave one to her. She thanked me and smiled so sweetly I almost forgot to get my change.
The movie was quite entertaining in the start, but as the characters were introduced the humor devolved from cleverly written wordplay to slapstick humor revolving around the characters' personalities bouncing off each other. I quickly got bored of the story and started pointing out all the hidden innuendo in the dialogue, "That's what she said" and "That sounded wrong." She was laughing so hard people kept looking at us.
Around twenty minutes into the movie, I noticed she was struggling with something. She turned to me and called my name, a tinge of sadness in her voice. I looked. She was holding her can of Coke, unopened. She was pouting and her hair was covering one of her eyes. I almost died, "Aww here, let me open that for you." I reached over and easily opened the can. "There you go." I smiled at her. She looked at the can and at my hand, "SORRY, I'M SO WEAK." She took a sip and turned away from me. I wondered to myself what I did wrong as I leaned back into my chair.
She glanced at me sideways and whispered, "Thank you." I turned away from the movie again to face her. She looked so pretty. Her face was lit by the bright screen and her eyes sparkled in the darkness of the cinema. The sounds of the movie house were drowned out. We were the only people on earth at that moment.
I took her left hand in my right, brought it to my lips and kissed her fingers gently. Then I looked into her eyes and said so softly that only she would hear it, "I love you." She smiled. The world stopped. She leaned forward. I moved closer...


Just then, her friends stood up to go to the restroom. I jumped back into my chair, she did the same. After they had passed, we looked at each other and laughed at what just happened.

Sigh. That was the best movie ever.
Sign up to rate and review this story