Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > Equinox

Tired Minds (Part Two)

by rawrlittledino 3 reviews

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: G - Genres: Angst,Drama,Fantasy - Warnings: [!!!] [V] - Published: 2009-04-13 - Updated: 2013-02-11 - 2763 words - Complete

1Exciting
The house woke up the next night to find that Izzy had still not come home. Being the first awake, Andy searched the house for her to no avail. Patrick was next to wake up, and Andy practically had to tie him to the chair to stop him from going to try and save her from William. They waited for everyone else to wake up and once Gabe was in the kitchen, Andy cleared his throat and turned to the people that had gathered in the room.

“I don’t think all of us should go,” He started, and Gabe nodded.

“I think only three or four of us should, leaving a few people to stay here-” Patrick interrupted him, looking up at Gabe.

“I’m going,” He said, and Gabe rolled his eyes and nodded.

“I figured as much, Patrick. As I was saying; leave some people here so that if she does get out by herself there are people here, or if we need backup we can just call you.” The group nodded collectively, and Joe spoke up.

“So who is going?” He asked, and Gabe shrugged.

“Well I’m going, and it seems as if Patrick is going, and I think Pete should come too. Tiffany I think you should join us as well, I might need your help,” Tiffany nodded slowly, glancing at Joe before walking over to Gabe. Gabe looked back to Pete and Patrick and motioned for them to grab a hold of his hands, and he nodded to the others in the room as he blinked, and the rest of the people in the room watched as the four of them disappeared.

~~~

Reappearing just outside of the grounds of the mansion owned by William, the four people looked up at the steel gates that stopped their entrance. Pete looked confused for a second and turned to Gabe.

“Why don’t we just go straight in?” He asked, and Gabe rolled his eyes.

“Like I’ve said before, while you evidently weren’t paying attention Peter, you can’t go straight into the mansion by teleport. William has it protected. We really should find out what spell that is actually, it would be useful to put onto the warehouse too.” Pete raised an eyebrow.

“The warehouse is protected-”

“No, you have an alarm on the warehouse, people can still teleport in, and they would just set the alarm off.” Pete rolled his eyes and looked back to the gate. Gabe tilted his head for a second before looking to the wall next to the gate, and nodding to Tiffany. They waved their hands slightly, and Patrick and Pete both flew into the air and over the wall. Landing roughly on the floor on the other side, Patrick grunted, annoyed at the lack of care for their well being.

“At least when Izzy did it I had a safer landing.” He grumbled, and rolled his eyes when Gabe ignored him and simply walked by them in silence.

They got up to the building fairly quickly, Gabe leading them around all the guards with some sense that Pete was suddenly wishing he could teach himself to use. Tiffany led them up the stairs and Gabe stood at the top, closing his eyes when he reached the end of the hallway. He scrunched his eyes together and then pointed downstairs. The four of them reached the basement, and after pushing the strangely unlocked door open, they walked in to see a stone block in the centre of the room, Izzy lying unconscious, face up on top of it. Patrick widened his eyes, watching as a vampire stood at her head with his hands on either side of her head, a few inches away from actually touching her. Gabe pulled Patrick back into the shadows.

“If we disturb him we might do more damage than good, if he’s inside her brain then pulling him away could make her permanently brain damaged.” Patrick sighed, watching as the vampire had his eyes closed, light coming from his hands. Gabe looked from the hiding place they were in, to the guard watching over the vampire. He nodded to Pete, and Pete took this as a sign to take out the guard. After tackling him and throwing him to the floor, Pete stabbed him with his stake. The other vampire hadn’t moved, proving Gabe’s suspicions.

“He can’t do anything, he’s just as much out as Izzy is,” He looked back to the two and then turned to Patrick, sighing.

“We can’t wake her up from out here-” Patrick whimpered, his eyes widening. Gabe glared at him. “-Let me finish Patrick,” He sighed again, looking back at Izzy. “We need to go into her mind too, and talk her out.”

~~~

”Patrick why did I get like this?” Izzy looked up to his face, and Patrick sighed, stroking her hair slightly.

“We’re not sure. We think you created this whole fantasy to try and forget about your mother being killed.” Izzy widened her eyes and moved away from Patrick, making him sigh. “You always say that she got killed by vampires, but she was in a hit and run,” Izzy gulped and sniffed, turning away from him.

“But I was there, I saw her get killed,” Patrick shook his head.

“No, baby you were at Pete’s house at the time, you could never have known,” Izzy shook her head furiously and pushed him away.

“I know what I saw Patrick,” She mumbled, and Patrick pulled her back to him, stroking her hair again.

“You’ve seen a lot of things Izzy, things that your mind is concocting out of no-where,” Izzy let a tear roll down her face and looked up at Patrick, studying his face.

“You wouldn’t lie to me, would you?” She asked, and Patrick shook his head.

“Of course not,” He looked up to the ceiling and smiled, looking back down at her watery eyes. “You know if you wanted to get rid of all of this, mania,” He looked into her eyes, sincerity flowing through them. “If you wanted to be back with me again, all you would have to do is get rid of yourself in this ‘vampire world’,” Izzy scrunched her eyes slightly, confused at what Patrick was implying.

“Kill myself?” She asked, and Patrick shook his head.

“Just in your dream world baby, then that reality would disappear and you would be free to live back at home with me, and we can finally get married...” He stared into her eyes. "We could have the family we've always wanted. We can grow old together," Izzy whimpered.

“So I just die, and It’s over?” She asked, and Patrick nodded slowly.

“Remember you wouldn’t be dying, you would be just getting rid of those hallucinations,” He looked pointedly at her and watched as she looked at her lap, before she smiled slightly, nodding her head.

“How do I go back there to do it?”

~~~

Patrick watched as Gabe and Tiffany closed their eyes, trying to get into Izzy’s mind the same way that the vampire was doing. He watched as they scrunched their eyes up in discomfort, and both of them had light coming from their hands. The light wasn’t reaching her head however, and both gave up after a few minutes of trying to get into her mind. Patrick turned to Pete, who was keeping guard over the basement, and whispered to him.

“Have you got any clue how to wake her up?” He asked, and Pete looked at Patrick sceptically.

“Yes Patrick, but I didn’t tell you because I thought it would be more fun to stand guard. No of course I don’t,” Patrick glared at his sarcasm but turned around in shock when Izzy woke up, Gabe calling over to him when he saw her eyes open. They watched as she stood, and Patrick ran up to her once she was stood.

“Oh god, you’re okay,” He yelped, and all of them watched as Pete appeared to take out the vampire that had been out of it as well. He lunged at him and the group witnessed his kill, dust flying everywhere as Pete staked him. Patrick turned back to Izzy who had a strange look on her face, and frowned when Izzy pushed him away.

“Get away from me,” She hissed, and turned to find Pete in the corner.

“Give me the stake, she commanded, and Pete, not suspecting anything unusual handed it over to her without a question. Tiffany looked confused for a second before she widened her eyes, sensing what Izzy was about to do.

“NO!” She yelled, using a flick of her hand to throw the stake away from her. Izzy sighed, looking annoyed at her.

“Don’t make this difficult,” She said, and Tiffany looked at her.

“Then don’t try and stake yourself,” She replied, and the other three widened their eyes and stared back at Izzy.

What?” Patrick mumbled, and Izzy sighed.

“None of you are real so just let me fucking get out of this nightmare,” She hissed, and Gabe made a sound of realization before stepping in front of Patrick.

“That vampire has altered her sense of reality... I’m not sure what he’s done but she thinks this world is a hallucination.” Izzy overheard him and yelled back at them.

“I don’t think ‘Gabe’,” She used air quotations and glared. “I know. You’re just a figment of my imagination and I’m never going to get out of that place if I don’t get out of here,” Patrick stepped forward, putting an arm on her shoulder.

“We are real baby,” He whispered, and Izzy threw his arm away.

“Don’t call me that,” She spat, turning towards him. “Only the real Patrick can call me that,” Patrick looked confused and Gabe shook his head, grabbing Patrick’s hand.

“Pete, knock her out, Patrick, you’re coming with me, I just realized what I have to do to get in,” Izzy widened her eyes and turned to block Pete’s punch, but he got there just before her and knocked her out cold. He felt bad afterwards but put her to the floor gently anyway, and Gabe looked at Patrick.

“You might feel a bit queasy doing this,” He mentioned, and Patrick frowned as he felt himself being pulled forward. Pete and Tiffany watched as the two of them disappeared, obviously going into Izzy’s head a different way than the vampire, who had to stand outside of her body.

The two of them got into her other reality without a problem, her subconscious automatically returning to it when she was passed out. With the vampire dead, all the characters in this reality were gone, having no-one to control them. Patrick turned to see Izzy cowering in a corner, confused as to where everyone from this place had gone. She widened her eyes as she saw Patrick, running up to him and engulfing him into a hug, sniffing into his shoulder slightly.

“Patrick I tried, I tried to do it but the fake Patrick wouldn’t let me, he was trying to tell me that that place was real, and I got so confused but I tried, I did,” She coughed and Patrick peeled her off of him gently, frowning at her.

“I told you to stake yourself, right?” He asked, and Izzy nodded.

“Yes I know, and I tried, I did-” Patrick interrupted her.

“Don’t do it,” He said, and Izzy stood confused, staring at him.

“But if I don’t, I’ll never get out of here,” She whispered, and Patrick shook his head.

“This place isn’t real; this was all set up by a vampire, trying to mess with you. Vampires are real Izzy, and we need you back to get rid of William,” He looked down and sighed. "I need you," Izzy shook her head fiercely, refusing to change her reality again.

“No, Patrick why are you doing this?” She asked, and Patrick turned to Gabe, pleading for some help from him. Gabe turned to Izzy, looking into her face and smiling.

“Izzy, watch this,” He said, and held his hand out in front of him. He waved his hand around slightly and the room changed, flowers springing from his hands and into the room, turning it into an indoor garden. Izzy widened her eyes, staring at the scene around her, and gulping.

“How are you doing this?” She asked, and Patrick smiled, beating Gabe to the answer.

“Magic,” He said, and Izzy widened her eyes.

“That’s real?” She asked, and Patrick nodded.

“That’s real,”

~~~

Back in the basement, Pete and Tiffany were talking to each other while guarding Izzy’s body, passing the time as they waited. They weren’t alone for long however, and they both turned when they heard a cough on the stairs. Pete widened his eyes and gulped at her, watching at Crystal walked down a few of the steps to stand in front of the two. Both Pete and Tiffany stood ready to attack her, but she simply held regret in her eyes and looked to the unconscious Izzy on the floor.

“Don’t worry, before she was taken down here she was taken to me, she got through to me somehow,” Pete frowned, still holding a fighting stance.

“Why should we believe you?” He asked, and Crystal sighed.

“You shouldn’t, but I want to come home and I have a load of information on what William is planning to do,” Pete and Tiffany looked at each other and skewed their mouths to the side, loosening up slightly when Tiffany couldn’t sense any evil radiating from her.

“How did Izzy get through to you?” Tiffany asked, and Crystal shrugged.

“I really don’t know, you’ll have to ask her, if,” She paused, looking at Izzy on the floor. “If she ever wakes up... Why is she unconscious on the floor?” Pete shrugged.

“Gabe and Patrick are inside her head,” He said, not hearing the strangeness of that statement. Crystal shook her head, and looked up, sighing.

“Anyway, all I remember is suddenly seeing Izzy in front of me and being confused, but I played along after I realised what was happening so I wouldn’t get caught... Then they took her down here and I couldn’t get downstairs until William had left, and, here I am,” Pete nodded slowly, but turned around quickly as he heard coughing behind him, Patrick and Gabe back in the room and Izzy blinking to adjust to the darkness. He looked unsure about her for a second, not wanting to have to stop her from staking herself again, but sighed as she smiled at Patrick, unsure for a second but stayed close to him nonetheless. The three that had just entered the room began by becoming defensive at the sight of Crystal, but once the situation was explained, with Izzy still not really believing everything she heard, the group had eventually got out of the mansion and safely into the outside grounds, transporting to the warehouse at the first opportunity.

Knocking on the large warehouse door, Joe opened the steel looking rather pale, and his eyes jumping straight to Tiffany who suddenly looked uncomfortable. He took a deep breath and gulped, ignoring the questions jumping out in his head about Izzy and Crystal being there.

“I’ve been pacing back and forward for the last two hours,” He started, pulling Tiffany towards him. “And Tiff, we need to tell them,” Tiffany widened her eyes, shaking her head and boring her eyes into his.

“No, Joe, we said we wouldn’t,” She said, and Joe shook his head, reaching into his pocket.

“I don’t care,” He said, slipping something into her hand and looking at her pointedly. “I don’t care, and I want them to know and I can’t keep this in any longer,” Pete tapped his foot impatiently.

“If you’re going to tell us tell us now,” He hissed, and the rest of the faces in front of them seemed to echo this thought. Joe took a deep breath and Tiffany gave in, turning to face the group with him. They looked at each other before Joe took another breath, holding his hand in the air to reveal a ring.

“We got married,”
Sign up to rate and review this story