Categories > Anime/Manga > Sailor Moon > Mortal Kombat: Quest for the Moon

Chapter Eight: Reunion with the Senshi

by Zpan_Sven 1 review

Setsuna and Hotaru confirm the identity of the Prince of Saturn while Magnus invites the Sailor Senshi (excluding Rei) to join them in their box. Scorpio and Serenity joke around, confusing theman'...

Category: Sailor Moon - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Action/Adventure, Crossover, Drama, Romance - Characters: Ami (Mercury), Haruka (Uranus), Makoto (Jupiter), Michiru (Neptune), Minako (Venus), Pluto, Rei (Mars), Saturn, Tuxedo Kamen, Usagi (Moon) - Warnings: [?] [V] [X] - Published: 2006-03-27 - Updated: 2006-03-28 - 3004 words

0Unrated
MORTAL KOMBAT: QUEST FOR THE MOON
AUTHOR: Zpan Sven
E-MAIL: Zpan(underscore)Sven(at)hotmail(dot)com
DISCLAIMER: I do not own Sailor Moon or Mortal Kombat, blah blah blah yadda yadda blah...
SUMMARY: Usagi and Shingo leave their abusive foster family after a fierce argument with Sailor Mars to compete in an ancient and mystical tournament called Mortal Kombat.
CHAPTER SUMMARY: Setsuna and Hotaru confirm the identity of the Prince of Saturn while Magnus invites the Sailor Senshi (excluding Rei) to join them in their box. Scorpio and Serenity joke around, confusing theman's younger brother Scorpious As the group leaves Rei behind, she storms off and is pulled into an alleyway by Endymion. From his chambers, Shao Khan witnesses the reunion and comes up with a plan to increase the danger to the Chosen Warriors. Within the audience is an unknown figure, which watches the tournament in the row behind the Hidoi family.
Fight 5: Scorpious versus Sheeva.
Fight 6: Kabal versus Sektor.
AUTHOR'S NOTES: I'm not very fond of Rei/Sailor Mars nor Endymion/Tuxedo Kamen. I have aged Shingo to be Usagi's twin brother instead of her younger one and they live with people they believe to be their foster parents; they are aware the couple is not their biological parents.
"Speech."
'Thoughts.'
/Telepathy/
WARNINGS: Angst, sexual situation, extreme language, and violence.
RATING: PG-13 to R
GENRE: Action & Adventure/Martial Arts/Supernatural
ARCHIVE: ask, and ye shall receive (more than likely)
- -
-
-
CHAPTER EIGHT: REUNION WITH THE SENSHI -
-
-
The Sailor Senshi turned around in surprise to see the ninja clad in black and dark purple staring at them with seemingly soulless dark indigo blue eyes. Ami's computer once more began beeping franticly. Startled, the bluenette looked at her computer, her pale blue eyes widening at the information scrolling on the screen at a fast pace.

"Who are you to know if they were or were not?!" Rei snarled.

"He is the Dosei no Ouji-sama, the Senshi of Death and Destruction, elder brother of Hotaru," Setsuna stated, "Nice to see you again, Kafir."

"I go by Shi now, Setsuna-san," the shadowy ninja replied as he bowed respectfully to the elder Senshi.

"Aniki!" Hotaru cried as she flung her arms around him, snuggling close to the familiar warmth of her elder brother whose face and voice kept her sane...even if they were only memories and dreams at the time.

The shadowy ninja smiled slightly behind his mask and rubbed the shoulders of his sister. "Ru-chan! You look to be the age I was during the Silver Millennium," Shi peered closely at Hotaru. "Looks like I'm going to use my scythe to keep all the possible suitors away, aren't I?"

"Aniki!" Hotaru squeaked as she blushed at her newfound older brother's protective streak.

"I've been using my Space Sword." Haruka reassured him with a deep laugh.

Shi turned his gaze to the Sailor Senshi of Uranus and bowed his head. "I thank you for that, Haruka-san."

"Meh, no problem," Haruka said with a shrug before grinning at the ninja before him; Outer Senshi tended to have an inate need to protect those they cared for, one that ran strong through the Sailor Senshi of Uranus.

"If you behave, I am certain you may stay in our box," Magnus said, tilting his head as he gazed at the Sailor Senshi with his blind, white eyes, "We have the room and we also have the best view...at least that's what Scorpio tells me."

"The very best view...especially when Serenity was fighting," Scorpio said with a mock lecherous grin as he waggled his eyebrows with faux suggestiveness at the /tsuki-hime/.

Serenity hit him on the shoulder playfully, "/Ecchi/!"

"Damn straight!" Scorpio quipped, causing some of the others to laugh.

"...I don't get it and I don't think I want to either..." Scorpious muttered, causing Sabra to snort with laughter.

"We better eat, we only have forty minutes left of the recess," Shi said.

The large group walked away, leaving a fuming Rei behind. She cursed silently and stormed away. When she was adjacent with a darkened hallway, the ebon-haired young woman was grabbed and pulled back into the hallway. Before she could struggle or shout for help, she was spun around to face Endymion.

"Hello, Koibito." Endymion said as he smirked down at her.
-
-
-
-
-
Shao Khan watched the reunion of the Sailor Senshi and Sereity from a scrying pool and scowled behind his mask. Shi would interfere with both of his dark plans. 'Serenity will be my bride and Scorpious will return to his rightful place as my Heir. And with them alongside me, I shall conquer all of the Realms, adding them to the vastness of OutWorld and no one, not the Sailor Senshi, the Soldier Senshi, nor the Chosen of any Realm will stop me!' Khan thought to himself, a smirk on his face. He turned away from the pool and walked back to bring the faux tournament back into session...and to alter the arena, leaving surprises for the fighters of Earth Realm...
-
-
-
-
-
The arena had been altered. There were more columns as well as arches low enough for someone to jump on and every other column which had lining the edges of the arena now sported vicious looking spikes. This would be a little more difficult then fighting as they had been doing on a large rectangular arena with plain stone columns lining the edges. Khan smirked down at them from his large throne and the Shadow Priest handed the dark Emperor a scroll.

"Scorpious versus Sheeva." Khan announced after he read the scroll.

"Good luck." Kung Lao whispered to Scorpious as Scorpio patted his younger brother on the back.

"Kick some ass, baby brother." Scorpio said loudly, causing the others to cheer. Scorpious nodded and with a mumbled prayer to whatever deities listening, walked away from his comrades and family.

Scorpious strode into the modified battle arena dressed completely in black; he had discarded his ceremonial uniform's dark yellow lapels, loincloth, and sash for stealth, speed, and precision. The only color on him was his dark yellow tekko (hand covers) and kyahan (shin guards). He was armed to the teeth with weaponry; hira/ shuriken/ and other various shaken throwing blades were in the straps that criss-crossed his broad muscular chest and the bands that were on his large muscular biceps and powerful forearms. Strapped on his back was a sheathed katana and secured at the small of his back was a matching wakizashi, a smaller version (about 68 centimeters or 27 5/8 inches) of the katana on his back. Strapped to his muscular thighs were bo/ shuriken/ and tucked in his belt and hidden in sheaths on the inside of his forearms were tanto-gata/ /and/ kunai/, small throwing knives used in a similar manner to the shuriken. A tight black hood hid his short, spiky black hair from view and a black mask cover his lower face, leaving only his gold eyes and obsidian eyebrows visible. He looked around and not seeing his opponent, began to perform a quick /kata/, allowing his weaponry and his clothing to settle so neither would not hamper him in battle.

The Sailor Senshi of Venus, Jupiter, and even Mercury felt their mouths go dry. The six foot five inch tall ninja before them was the epitome of deadly grace; before them was a man, not much older than they, who had, and will once more do what his very best skill seemed to be: kill.

"He'll generally use those weapons as a last resort. He prefers to fight without them, but he's going up against a Shokan and he will need any edge he can get," said Scorpio from where he was leaning against a wall, his form practically one with the shadows.

"Shokan?" Minako asked.

"Oh /Kami-sama/..." Ami whispered as she stared at her Mercury computer.

"Ami?" Makoto stared to ask her gentle friend in concern when there came several loud gasps of surprise from the audience.

"Holy shit," Haruka whispered and her lover didn't even bother to reprimand the Kaze-no-Senshi for the use of profanity.

Into the arena strode an almost seven-foot tall being, female in gender with four arms with three fingers adorning each hand. She was garbed in a crimson bodysuit type of garment that hugged her incredibly muscular frame. The creature's dark eyes ran over Scorpious's muscular form as though sizing the ninja up and a smirk appeared on her red painted lips. Her long black hair was pulled up into a tuft of hair at the top of her head. This was the Shokan warrior named Sheeva. Scorpious lowered into a deep fighting stance. Sheeva stretched all four of her arms and cracked her knuckles before popping her fingers in a manner similar to a pianist about to play the piano before she lowered into a fighting stance distinctive to her race. Tense, alert, both warriors awaited the order for the battle to commence, the order to...

"FIGHT!!" Shao Khan bellowed.

Scorpious back-flipped up onto a low hanging arch, narrowly avoiding the female Shokan's flying tackle; he flipped off of the arch's ledge, twisting his body mid-air so that as he silently landed on his feet, he was facing Sheeva's back. The towering ninja flicked his wrists and released two of his tanto-gata/, each throwing knife embedding deeply into the Shokan's back. Sheeva bellowed and attempted to pull the blades out, but found the /tanto-gata out of reach of all four of her hands. He lunged forward and swiftly pulled the two tanto-gata out of the female Shokan's back, slamming his tabi covered foot into her lower back and sending the Shokan stumbling forward.

He dropped down and, using a powerful sweep-kick, knocked her feet out from under her. Scorpious darted to her left as she stood and took a running leap at one of the new, spikeless columns, using it to rebound back at Sheeva with more strength and power. Swiftly he landed a powerful jump kick on her upper torso, sending the Shokan stumbling backwards. Sheeva bellowed once more and slammed her left set of arms into Scorpious's form, sending him flying across the arena like a rag doll. Coming to a skidding halt a few inches away from a large protruding spike, the ninja rolled to his feet and effortlessly climbed the spikeless column beside the column he had landed near.

Sheeva came charging at him and Scorpious, using the column to rebound off of, flew through the air over the Shokan's head. He twisted around mid-air and landed with a controlled skidding halt, only this time lowered in a crouch and not on his back. He sprang forward, propelling himself into the air and jump kicked Sheeva in between her shoulder blades, sending the Shokan female sailing forwards into the column he had been clinging to.

Swiftly the ninja grabbed hold of Sheeva's left lower arm and jerked her around to face him, promptly pelleting her with high punches, each connecting with her jaw. Sheeva responded with a knee to Scorpious's gut, sending the young ninja staggering backwards, gasping for breath; she slammed her right upper fist into his face and blood trickled from his nose, causing the fabric of his mask to stick to his face.

Sheeva's head snapped backwards from his high snap kick. Scorpious rapidly back-flipped out of the Shokan's range, not stopping until almost half of the arena separated them, hoping for a brief respite...
-
-
-
-
-
"What the hell is this place?!" Kenji exclaimed, "And what the hell is that thing in that arena...for that manner, what did they do to the arena!!"

"I don't know dear...nor do I know why the invitation said that that ungrateful brats we took in would be here. I haven't seen her anywhere." Ikuko exclaimed.

'/Bakas/...you saw her fighting not but two matches ago, yet you are all too stupid to see that...' thought a brooding figure in the row behind the Hidoi couple.
-
-
-
-
-
Scorpious swiftly darted to the side, avoiding Sheeva's low kick and dropped down, delivering a sweep-kick; once more the female Shokan was knocked from her feet. Gracefully Scorpious rose to his feet and raised up a muscular leg, preparing to use a leg drop attack to disable his opponent. Sheeva, seeming to anticipate his attack, rolled out of the way right as Scorpious preformed the leg drop. Growling, the ninja stood and was met by the female's punch across his jaw; he instantly retaliated with a high crescent kick to Sheeva's chin, sending her staggering. Slamming his fist into her sternum brought the audible cracking bone as she gasped, leaning forward and clutching her chest, giving Scorpious access for a powerful roundhouse kick; Sheeva was sent spinning through the air. Backing up a couple steps, he dashed forward and leapt into the air, delivering an aerial spiral kick to Sheeva's jaw, taking the Shokan out of the air. Landing beside the female, Scorpious agilely flipped out of her range as she pushed herself to her feet.

"FINISH HER!" Shao Khan bellowed, pride for the boy he had chosen as his Heir thrumming through his veins. An excellent weapon he was...

The normally quiet ninja gave a blood-curdling battle scream and spun forward, delivering a powerful high roundhouse kick across Sheeva's jaw. The sound of the Shokan's jaw breaking echoed in the arena as she was sent flying and she hit the spikeless column behind her, slumped over, rendered unconscious -- and out of the tournament. The ninja stared at his handiwork to make certain she was truly down before raising a triumphant fist skyward.

"SCORPIOUS WINS!!" Shao Khan roared. Several Shadow Priests came forwards and dragged the Shokan female from the arena.

Scorpious turned and strode from the arena, heading back to his fellow combatants.

"I knew you could do it!" Scorpio shouted as he pulled his baby brother into a hug.

"That's my baby boy! Did you see him out there?" Scorpion exclaimed, paternal pride in his spectral voice as he pulled he younger of his two sons in his arms despite the younger ninja's obvious discomfort of being touched.

"I know our Kaa-chan will love to hear this tale!" Magnus said with a chuckle.

"So will Carmen," laughed Sabra as she gave her twin a mischievous grin.

"I wonder who will be called forward next." Kung Lao said softly to Liu Kang and Rayden.

As if to answer the member of the order of the White Lotus, a Shadow Priest handed another scroll to the dark Emperor.

"Sektor versus Kabal." The Emperor proclaimed.

A cybernetic warrior in crimson and black stepped into the arena, as did a man in brown pants, black boots, black vest and grayish shirt. Covering his head was a black hood and respiration device.

"Kabal?" Johnny asked, confusion coloring his voice.

"A lesser warrior of Earth, former member of the Black Dragon," Magnus answered the actor grimly. "He wears that respirator so that he can live after what the Extermination Squads did to him."

"The Black Dragon?!" Jax and Sonya exclaimed, both of their hands going to their respective hips, each excepting to find his/her firearm.

"He said 'former' member, guys." Stryker said from behind them.

The Chosen turned to see the police officer being supported by Clarimond.

"You were supposed to keep him in the infirmary, Clarimond," Sonya said disapprovingly.

"Don't blame it, Lieutenant, I gave a direct order and it cannot go against a direct order," Stryker grunted as the cyber helped him sit on a bench beside the Sailor Senshi before explaining, "Disobeying a direct order goes against its programming."

"FIGHT!!" They heard Shao Khan bellow and their attention was back on the bout.

Kabal started off the fight with a large fireball he had formed between his palms, sending the cybernetic warrior flying across the modified arena. Sektor slammed into a column, shattering the stone. It stood and seemed to disappear before reappearing beside Kabal, sending a powerful uppercut punch to his jaw. The Chosen winced at the sound of the Earth warrior's jaw breaking and watched as Kabal was sent into a spike-covered column. The spikes pierced the Human's shoulder and lower abdomen, causing him to scream in pain.

"/K'so/!" Scorpious cursed.

Sektor once more vanished to reappear beside Kabal. The cybernetic Lin Kuei warrior pulled Kabal off of the spikes and turned. The machine then threw the Human warrior across the arena. Kabal landed painfully near another spiked column and he shoved himself to his feet, blood trickling from his wounds. Despite his pain, he didn't yield - instead, Kabal pulled out two blades and became a living whirlwind, slicing and slashing the cybernetic Lin Kuei warrior repeatedly. The pain of his wounds forced him to stop several feet away and breathe heavily. The ruthless machine too advantage of the injured human's weakness and lunged at him; it sent the human staggering with an aerial crescent kick. The machine landed on its feet and turned its optical sensors to Shao Khan.

"FINISH HIM!!" Khan ordered.

Sektor's chest plate opened up and released a miniature missile, which streaked across the arena to explode as it hit Kabal's chest, sending blood and gore flying as Kabal fell to the arena floor. The machine promptly turned and bowed to Shao Khan.

"Unit Kabal has been terminated." Clarimond stated, "No signs of life are detected."

"SEKTOR WINS, FATALITY!" Khan announced.

Stryker swore softly and mumbled a prayer under his breath before he crossed himself like a priest would do. Sonya shook her head and Jax slammed his fist into his palm, mumbling about kicking that machine's ass.

"We lost one." Magnus murmured to Rayden, who nodded sadly.

"/Hai/. I had hoped to avoid this, hoped they would all be strong enough to win and live." Rayden replied.

"A half hour recess is granted to the fighters." Shao Khan announced, and with heavy hearts, the Chosen of Earth and the Sailor Senshi walked back into the palace.
Sign up to rate and review this story