Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > This Aint A Fairytale, Honey

Mansion Wars

by sweet-tart 6 reviews

Rose finds out what exactly put the bump in the night.

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama,Humor,Romance - Characters: Bob Bryar,Frank Iero,Gerard Way,Mikey Way,Ray Toro - Warnings: [!] [V] [X] - Published: 2009-04-15 - Updated: 2009-04-16 - 923 words

3Exciting
"So, what exactly is Mansion Wars?"

Ray laughed, smiling. The pale moonlight illuminated off his teeth again. "You'll see."

We turned a corner, entering a very dark and humid room, where three other people waited. I could already recognize Frank's bouncing head of hair by the window. It wasn't how tall and animal-like they all looked in the dark... it was the silhouettes of the objects in their hands. Almost like they were holding weapons.

I wasn't sure if the definition of Mansion Wars I was thinking of was a good one. By the way they were holding them, probably not.

Something sounding like a giggle escaped Frank's lips and he skipped over to me, nearly knocking me over with his bat. "Rose! Are you going to play, too?"

"Uhm, I guess--"

"Awesome! Now I've got back up, Bob. No more sneak attacks."

"What makes you think she's on your team, Iero?" A chubby blond guy smirked, pointing his golf club at Frank's head. "She may decide to join the dark side."

"What dark side?" laughed Ray. "It's always dark."

The three of them continued to bicker over by the wall of who's getting the... I think I heard the use of the word human... as the other one smiled awkwardly at me from across the room. His hair was slicked down and the shimmery glow off the end of his glasses allowed me to see a little bit of his eyes. Nearly the same color as Gerards.

"Hello." I waved, attempting to make niceities.

He smiled back, the same set of sharp teeth showing. "Hey."

"Are they always like this?"

"I think it's getting worse, actually." He laughed and, in four long strides, he was by my side. "My name's Michael."

"Michael?"

"You know what? Just call me Mikey."

"Okay." I glanced around the room, noticing the absence of one of the boys. "Hey, Mikey? Does Gerard usually play with you guys?"

"Gerard?" Mikey shook his head, glancing towards the stairs. "Nope. Never. Why?"

I sighed, not knowing why my chest tightened when I said his name. "No reason."

Mikey nodded but didn't look away from my face. I thought I was never going to get away from him until Frank bounced back over, grabbing my arm and arming me with a skillet, telling me to hit anything that moved.
The boys split up, running in every which direction, leaving me all alone with Mikey.

"You should probably start running." Mikey smiled, taking off down the hall. "They don't play fair."

I blinked a few times, allowing my eyes to adjust, and stumbled off down a darkened hall, lit by one candle. I felt my way on the wall and came to a room at the end of the hall. It wasn't locked so I let myself in.
This room wasn't like the others. It was slightly brighter than the rest and had a huge walkout window on the longest side of the room. I could hear the high-pitched squeals and laughs accompanied by loud banging of their weapons from outside. Whatever they were doing, I didn't want any part of it.

I walked around the room, setting my skillet on the floor, and studied the small knick-knacks and trinkets that lined the shelf. Old victorian styled paintings rimmed the walls, and in the corner of the room, was a pink rose. It was beautiful. It emitted a glow that framed the glass around it, casting a shadow on the wall.
Curiosity got the better of me as I walked over to it, lifting the glass off gently, and reached my hand out to touch it. My fingers merely skimmed a petal when I was ripped away from it completely, getting thrown against the wall with such force that my vision became impaired.

"Why are you in here?"

His voice was a whisper, almost too low for me to hear.

"I... I was just--"

"Why are you in here, Rose?!" He pushed me against the wall, putting all of his weight on me. "You can never come in here!"

I squirmed. "I'm sorry--"

"Do you not understand the danger you just put yourself in?!" He growled, his eyes smoldering. "You must never come in here!"

He pushed me away roughly, slamming his fists against the wall, and screamed. The way he was acting frightened me horribly. But, I guess, I put myself in these situations. I just couldn't figure out what danger I was in...

"Danger? Gerard?"

He whipped around quickly, his hair falling in his eyes, and glared. "Leave. Get OUT!"

My breath caught as I fumbled for the door knob, trying to open it. I wasn't aware of where I was running until my body collided with something hard. Almost like stone.

"Rose?" Frank huddled over me, pulling me up. "Are you alright?"

My eyelids fluttered shut and I began mumbling incoherent sentences. My idiotic fear finally getting the best of me. I'm just lucky I didn't have a heart attack.

In the fuzzy distance, I could hear the shredding of wallpaper, and I knew exactly where it was coming from.


A/N - I am so friggin excited! I love you readers SO much! 4 reviews for the last two chapters? Awesome. I don't care what you think but that's pretty good to me. Can we do it again? Hopefully... Gerard was a meaney in this chapter. But she did touch his flower. Moral of the story - never touch Gerard's flower. Thanks for reading! R&R for me, please!
Sign up to rate and review this story