Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > Choose love or sympathy, but never both

First Date

by xFallxOutxBoyxFanx 3 reviews

I bet your wondering how the first date went, you're going to have to read to find out ;]

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: PG - Genres: Romance - Published: 2009-04-19 - Updated: 2009-04-19 - 1229 words

0Unrated
The rest of the week went by rather slow, since both Patrick and Skyler were excited about their date. When it did come around though, Skyler realized that she had no clue what to wear. It was just a movie date, so nothing too classy. She was still staying with Patrick at his house, which was a bit longer than intended, but he said it was okay and she really didn’t want to stay alone when she could be with Patrick.

She then decided on a cute white tee with killer gummy bears on it, along with a pair of bright yellow skinnies, a studded belt, and a pair of converse shoes to go along with it. She grabbed a Clandestine Industries hoodie and then checked to make sure the little make-up she did have on looked okay and that her hair was in order. After she checked and double checked to make sure she looked okay, she heard a knock on the guest bedroom’s door.

“Sky, are you ready? Movie is going to start soon.” Patrick yelled through the door.

“Yeah, be right out!” She hollered. No more than five seconds later she opened the door face to face with Patrick. She smiled and he smiled right back. They stared into each others eyes for awhile just smiling at each other. “So, do I look okay?” Skyler asked, breaking the silence.

“Perfect.” Patrick said, his smile never leaving his face. “Ready to go?”

“Yeah.” Skyler let out a breath she didn’t realize she held in.

“Cool, lets go.”

They made their way out to the driveway and Patrick opened the passenger door for her and closed it once she was inside. He walked around to the drivers side and got in, turning on the radio as he started the car, only to have both his and Skyler’s ear drums damaged in the process. He quickly turned it back off.

“Sorry about that.” Patrick said a little nervously because so far this was not looking good.

“It’s fine, Patrick.” She said her face still in a permanent smile, it seemed nothing was going to swipe it off and a wave of relief washed over Patrick.

Patrick tried the radio again, this time turning the volume dial down before pressing the power button and he pulled out of the driveway. After the next song “Sugar We’re Goin’ Down” started playing. Patrick went to go change the station, when Skyler stopped him.

“You don’t want to listen?”

“Well, no it’s not that, its just…” Patrick paused for a moment trying to find the right words to explain why he didn’t like listening to himself sing. “I guess it’s just weird hearing myself sing you know?”

“Yeah.” Skyler replied, even though she didn’t know what that feeling felt like, since she never really listened to herself sing before. She was quite happy about it too, from what other people told her she wasn’t very good. “Okay, you can change it if you want then.” Skyler said smiling back at him.

Patrick thought for awhile, “Nah, it’s okay actually I don’t mind too much it’s just weird.”

“You sure?”

“Positive.” He smiled reassuringly.

Sooner than later they arrived at the movie theater, then Skyler remembered that she was never informed on what movie they were going to see in the first place. All she remembered is that when Patrick asked her she didn’t really care which movie it was.

“So what movie are we seeing anyway?” She thought aloud.

“Final Destination 3.” Patrick said. “Have you seen the other two?”

“Yeah, they were pretty good, this one looked good too.”

They waited in the line for the tickets and then headed to the snack counter. They got a medium popcorn and two sodas along with a box of gummy bears.

When they entered the theater the previews had already started to play. They found two seats in the center of the top row, just perfect. The movie soon started after they took their seats. About halfway through the movie Skyler went to grab some popcorn, but instead her hand met with Patrick’s. She didn’t look to see his reaction, although she knew her own face was probably very red from blushing. However the rest of the movie went by pretty quickly and sooner than later the lights came on and the movie was over.

“So what did you think of the movie?” Skyler asked.

“I thought it was exciting, probably my favorite out of the 3.” Patrick said “What did you think of it?”

“I thought it was very good, definitely my favorite.”

The car ride back to the house was pretty quiet, so they turned the radio on. “The Phrase That Pays” by The Academy Is… was playing.

“I love this song.” Skyler said.

“Yeah, they’re pretty awesome dudes and their music is amazing.”

When they arrived at the house, Skyler felt tired. “I think I'm going to go to bed.” She said walking towards the guest room she had been occupying for the past week.

“Really? Okay then, I guess I'll see you tomorrow then.”

“Yeah, good night Patrick.” She said.

“Wait.” Skyler turned around to face Patrick, who now right beside her. He lifted her chin up and pressed their lips together lightly. After a few seconds he pulled back a little and whispered “Good night” against her mouth.

Skyler couldn’t help but smile, “Yeah, good night.” Then she walked off towards the guest bedroom.

“Are you sure it’s a good idea for you two to stay in the same house?” A voice from the other side of the room said.

Patrick turned around startled, he didn’t know anyone was in his house. When he saw the figure approach from beneath the shadows of the other side of the room, he found out it was just Pete. Which relaxed him greatly, it was just Pete at least it wasn’t a robber or anyone else.

“Pete, what are you doing here?” Patrick questioned.

“Don’t avoid the question, Stump.” Pete grinned. “Just thought I'd come over to see my best friend.” He said throwing his arm over Patrick’s shoulders.

“What do you want Pete.”

Pete tried to look offended, “What makes you think I want something?”

“Hmm… maybe it’s the fact that you’re being polite?”

“And when am I not?”

Patrick just stared at him seriously for a few seconds.

“Right. Okay, anyways I may have a favor to ask you…”


Okay, sorry about lack of updates lately again. Would you guys be mad if I just made this story a “they fell in love and lived happily ever after” kind of story? Because I'm seriously stuck with this next part. I think this story is going to come to an end soon, if I can find a good ending for it. So since I'm stuck on this next part I'm going to ask everyone what they think should happen next. Can you answer that for me please? I'd love you forever if you helped me keep this story going.

xsomethingamazingx - Glad you like! I always love new readers.

doyleangel – Yes he is our musically talented teddy bear to love forever haha.

mandy9207 – Glad you liked =]
Sign up to rate and review this story