Categories > Original > Romance > My Behest

Protection?

by bambi4real 0 reviews

(M/M slash) rated for future chapters. This is a story of unrequited love, and not always wanting what you have. Rayne Phelps may be unattainable but Edward Mason never said he didn't live with his...

Category: Romance - Rating: R - Genres: Romance - Warnings: [X] - Published: 2006-03-29 - Updated: 2006-03-30 - 896 words

0Unrated
Protection?

I know it's been a while since I added onto this story. I have been really busy and distracted and this was just not flowing for me. I hope I have renewed vigor now. I should be able to spout a few chapters before I loose momentum again. thanks to all reviewers. I hope you haven't forgotten everything you read previously. I know I tend to have that reaction when I read long updated stories. Here is a quick synopsis. Ward hooked up with Christian, still has the hots for Rayne, Colin is frustrated and jealous, Kara is being her endearing self as usual.

"Yo! Ward, man wait up."

I was feeling so good this morning I almost didn't hear Colin. The birds were singing, the sun was shining, the grass was green, what more could one ask for.

"Ward, didn't you hear me, man? What's up with the funny face?"

"Nothing much." Do you think he could tell? I bet they can all tell. It's practically oozing off me.

"I don't know what you smoked this morning but something is definitely up with you."

"Well...if you insist. Something did happen to me last night. Something absolutely positively wonderful happened." Did I just say that? Naw, couldn't be. I'm not that much of a sap

"Alright princess spill." Colin said stopping in his tracks pulling me to a stop too.

I felt a blush blooming in my cheeks at his direct patient look. He always had that look nothing ever ruffled his feathers. I didn't say anything for a moment. I was about to speak when Colin's eyes widened and he interrupted.

"Don't tell me you got lucky last night!"He exclaimed practically shoving me into a locker. Now I know it was some what of a shock but really this isn't the immaculate conception.

"Okay fool, I won't tell you I got lucky last night with Christian Holt." I felt my high souring a bit.

"You got lucky with Christian Holt?!"

"Colin, tone it down a bit would you. Yes last night I got myself hitched."

"Ward, did he hurt you?" Colin's serious expression was a bit dour with the last question. I don't know what was running through his mind but what ever it was must not have been pretty.

"Of course not. I wanted to go with him and I wanted to be with him."

"Ward, you can tell- "

"Ward what's going on here?" Christian's quiet approach had gone unnoticed by the both of us.

I jumped a little brushing my bangs out of my eyes. Christian stood behind Colin. Even as I prepared to make an excuse I could see his eyes narrowing dangerously as they took in Colin's hands on my shoulder.

"Nothing is going on Christian. We were just talking. I'm sure you know Colin. He's my best friend. Colin, Christian my boyfriend." I stammered barely managing not to dissolve into a blubbering idiot.

Colin slowly took his hands off turning to face Christian. He still didn't move away from me making me feel crowded. His expression never lightened as he scrutinized Christian from head to toe. The tension between the two was inordinately high and I didn't know how to alleviate it. Where is that infernal bell when you need it.

"Colin!! There you are dahrling. I've been looking for you everywhere. That's not fair trying to hide when you know I neeed you!" Kara pouted prettily as she skidded to a halt beside our little trio in her mad dash down the hall. That'll do too. We all turned to her and the tension broke. Christian just kind of stared at her like a new form of life had been introduced. Colin just rolled his eyes and I thanked whatever god there was for girls.

"What do you want Kara?" Colin asked not looking like he cared.

"You know what I want." Kara came back dripping innuendo.

"Kara...." He hissed his eyes narrowing slightly. I took the opportunity to step away unobtrusively.

"Colin, don't be mean. I need you to take a look at something on my car for me." Kara said pursing her lips sweetly.

"But Kara, you don't have- " Kara dragged him off towards the exits before he could finish his sentence. I was left a lone with Christian once all the hoolala was over.

"Hehe...sooo..." I fidgeted under Christian's scrutiny. I kept my eyes on the floor. How lame can I be.

"What was that about?"

"I don't know."

"Ward, I don't like the way he was touching you." Christian groused moving in closer.

"Well, that can't be helped because we're just that close. And I am not sure I want to be restricting my friendships like that." I said firmly to soften the blow I reached up to gently brush his bangs aside. Christian watched me intensely not moving a muscle for a few minutes.

"Alright, Babe. I'll take care of it." Before I could ask any questions he leaned in and kissed me hard and fast. The boy was good he even got tongue in there. Ahh, I think my favorite sight right now is the swing of his fine ass encased in jeans. I just have to tell Colin...wait a second what did he mean "he'll take care of it"? I think I should be a little worried.
Sign up to rate and review this story