Categories > Original > Fantasy > Rock Angel

Chris, Kurt, and Explanations

by ILuvTracii 0 reviews

In which Chris and Aura return home, Lena goes to get dinner and meets Kurt, and in which she explains everything to him . . .

Category: Fantasy - Rating: R - Genres: Drama,Romance - Warnings: [V] - Published: 2009-05-08 - Updated: 2009-05-08 - 2623 words

0Unrated
Lena let out a yell and ran down the hallway to the room she heard the gunshot come from, her heels drumming aganist the hardwood floor.
“Please don’t let him be dead, please don’t let him dead.” she prayed silently in her head. It was funny . . . she didn’t even believe in God.
“Kurt!” she screamed, but her scream sounded hallow, lifeless, like it wasn’t even really there . . . like it was far away. It didn’t even bounce off the walls.
She threw open the doors to the master bedroom; the same bedroom that she and Kurt made love, had sex, fucked, whatever you want to call it; countless of times while Courtney and Francis Bean were out of the house. She opened the door to find Kurt standing in the middle of the room, a gun being held at his temple by a man she didn’t recognize and a letter in Kurt’s hand. He turned around when he saw her and a tear went down his face.
A tear also went down her face at knowing the fact that she couldn’t save him. That she couldn’t save the life of the man that she loved. She put her hands out and walked slowly towards him and the man. “Put the gun down . . .” she said slowly.
“I love you and Cole, Lena baby . . .” Kurt whispered as he closed his eyes.
“Kurt, no!” she yelled as the man pulled the trigger.
There was a defining bang and Kurt fell to the ground, the gun clattering beside him as the man turned and ran.


Lena shot up in bed awake, breathing hard and that’s when she heard it . . .
The sound of the front door opening and closing, the sound of keys on the marble counter top in the kitchen, and the excited voices of Aura.
Chris was home.
Lena’s gaze shot over at the spot beside her and saw that it was empty. Cole was still snuggled in the blankets beside her but Kurt wasn’t there. Her heart skipped a beat and she threw back the covers and practically ran for the living room where she threw open the doors.
The couch was empty too, the only thing weird was that a pillow was laying on the couch with a blanket spilling over the side. She shook her head.
It was all a dream . . . just a dream . . . She thought and she smiled a small, relieved smile as she walked into the kitchen. Chris had the refrigerator door open and was looking through it as Aura chattered nonstop from the bar beside him. Her long dark brown braids were shimmering in the light; and she could see the small, loving smile playing out on Chris’s face as he listened to their daughter’s babble.
She saw Lena and squealed. “Mommy!” she hopped down from the bar and ran over to her where she threw her arms around her mother’s waist. Lena bent down and hugged her before she kissed her on the cheek, a broad grin on her face.
“Its so good to see you baby! How was the show?” she asked and Aura nodded, her braids bobbing.
“It was awesome!” she said and Lena nodded towards the door leading to the bedroom.
“Cole’s asleep in there, you can go wake him up if you want to,” she said and Aura nodded excitingly before she bounded off into the bedroom. She grinned up at Chris who grinned back and walked over to her. She slowly got up when he neared her and his grin grew bigger.
“Oh you could have stayed on your knees, I wouldn’t have minded in the least Lena baby,” he grinned and laughed as she slapped him playfully on the shoulder before he took her into his arms and kissed her passionately on the lips.
He backed her up aganist the counter and parted her legs with his knee before he put his hands on her neck and as she buried her hands in his shoulder-length, dark chocolate brown hair, bringing him closer to her. His tongue entered her mouth and she moaned out into his mouth as she tugged him closer.
They broke apart and gasped for breath before he grinned and kissed the tip of her nose. “I missed you so much Lena, you have no idea!” he whispered and she grinned back as she kissed him softly on the lips again.
“You’ve only been gone for two days Chris!” she said grinning and he grinned back as he kissed her languidly.
“Yeah, and you’ve no idea how long I’ve wanted to bite those amazingly annoying panties off you . . .” he whispered back, a grin on his face and they both laughed when she felt his hand move underneath his shirt that she was wearing and finger the sides of her panties; as if contemplating whether or not to slip them deafly off her and make love silently to her on the counter top.
“We can’t Chris, not now anyway! I got to meet Gracie at the mall. We’ve got a lunch date, and then I have a doctor’s appointment,” she said and he moaned in defiance.
“Oh come on Lena baby, its my first day back! Can’t we just spend it in bed . . .?” he asked as he moved closer to her so that every body part of their’s was touching and as he dipped his head to gently suck at the hallow of her throat. She laughed and gently took him by the neck and forced him to look at her.
“Tell you what Chris. I’ll drop Cole and Aura off at my mother’s and this evening, I’ll pick up little Italian food from Cynthia’s and a expensive bottle of Conchae Toro from The Wine Cellar; you can pop in a CD of Frank Sinatra or Corren Bailey Rae, your choice, light a few candles, pull out your Tantric Sex guide and then we can spend the entire night being lazy . . . how does that sound?” she whispered as she put her hand on the back of his neck and brought him down for a long, suckling kiss. He let out a little moan.
“That sounds immorally fantastic,” he whispered and she smiled and laughed a little as he stepped back and as they walked into their bedroom in order for Lena to get changed. He collapsed on the bed, his arm over his eyes as she changed. She smiled at him as she leaned over him and kissed him.
“I’m just resting, I swear . . .” he said, his voice coming out muffled and she laughed and grinned.
“Get all the rest you need tiger ‘cause I have a feeling that your gonna need it tonight,” she said and he grinned and laughed as she got off the bed, grabbed her purse and walked to the door. He grinned.
“Have a good time and don’t forget the wine and the Italian!” he called playfully. She grinned and shook her head playfully as she walked out the front door.
*
“So are you free tonight? You wanna go to a movie?” Gracie asked Lena as they sat outside their favorite little café at lunch time. Lena grinned and looked down at her glass of tea. Gracie smiled as well.
“Uh oh, I know that look. Chris is back from the show isn’t he?” she asked and Lena grinned and laughed as she leaned back in her chair.
“Yes he is and I promised him that I would drop the kids of at mum’s, pick up some Italian food, a bottle of rich red wine and we were going to pop in a CD of Frank Sinatra or Corren Bailey Rae and spend the entire evening being lazy . . .” she said, looking smug as she took a drink of tea. Gracie nodded, smiling.
“Sounds dreamy,” she said and Lena nodded.
“Yes, it is, especially if your man’s Chris,” Gracie leaned forward.
“So what about Kurt?”
“What do you mean?”
“You know what I mean? Are you going to see him again?” she asked and Lena sighed and shook her head.
“I shouldn’t, I couldn’t. Number one, I don’t even know where he is. Secondly, I have a husband, who I’m looking forward to having mind-blowing sex with tonight for God only knows how many times! Don’t ruin it, damn you!” she said, grinning and they both laughed. Gracie nodded.
“Touche Lena, Touche,” she said and they stayed in silence for a long time before Gracie spoke again. “So you’re pregnant again. Does Chris know?” she asked and Lena shook her head.
“No . . . I plan on telling him though after tonight.” she said and Gracie looked at her curiously.
“Why not?”
“Because Chris is back and he’s going to want to have sex tonight and by God, I want it too! I need it Gracie, I-I need to-to . . . I need the only man in the whole damn world that can wipe away the memory of my sex with Kurt last night and Chris is the only man that can do it . . .” she said before swallowing. “Besides, Chris doesn’t like to have sex when I’m pregnant,” she said and Gracie looked even more curious.
“And why not? Antonio says its absolutely fine as long as you stay off the child,” she said and Lena nodded.
“Yes, he knows its just that it makes him feel . . . weird, I guess is the word,” Gracie smiled sympathetically.
“Yeah, I can see how he would,” she said and Lena nodded as I took another gulp of her tea and then stood.
“I better get going. I have some things to pick up for Cole and Aura and then I have to pick up some things for tonight,” I said and Gracie grinned and nodded as she watched me.
“Have fun girlie!” I grinned back as I put on my sunglasses and walked past her.
“Oh you know I will Gracie.” I walked down the sidewalk and turned a corner where I opened the door to me and Chris’s favorite little Italian restaurant, Cynthia’s.
I walked up to the counter and the man behind the register smiled at me. “Hey Lena what can I get you?” he asked as I read the menu taped to the counter. I looked at him.
“Hey Raphael, and this is to go by the way,”
“Got it.”
“And what do you have that’s good for um . . . dates at home without the kids?” He grinned.
“Chris back from tour ain’t he?” he said and I narrowed my eyes in playful suspicion.
“Now how did you know that Raphael? Everyone seems to know that, and I didn't tell anyone anything,” I joked and he grinned and shook his head as he leaned on the counter across from me and pointed at a spot on the menu.
“Just a hunch. Now we have wonderful baked oysters, Italian style with ciabatta croutons. This dish combines the natural aphrodisiac properties of the all-powerful oyster. Oysters are baked with a mixture of lemon juice, sherry, and diced pancetta. The dish is then baked and topped with parmesan cheese. Boosts both of your libidos from what I understand about oysters, but if that’s not you or Chris’s thing, or if you or Chris don’t like oysters in general, then I recommend the spaghetti or Fettuccini Alfredo with basil.” I nodded.
“I’ll take both of them. What about for dessert?” I hadn’t taken my eyes from the menu but I could see his cocky grin.
“Chris like chocolate?”
“Yeah.”
“Milk or dark?”
“Milk,” He grinned.
“We’ll make you something good Lena, don’t you worry. There ain’t no aphrodisiac better than the Master Chocolate, you’ll find that out later tonight,” I grinned and glanced at him.
“I must be insanely stupid for trusting you, you know.” I joked and he laughed.
“Well have it ready for you don’t worry. You want any wine with that?” I shook my head.
“No, I’m stopping by the Wine Cellar on my way back from getting some things for the kids,” He nodded.
“It’ll be about a half an hour to an hour, that okay with you? They have to bake the oysters and that normally takes a vast majority of the time.” he said and I nodded as I waved.
"Yeah, yeah, that'll be fine. I'll be back in an hour," He nodded as I turned and left.

I picked up the food, the bag in one hand and an another with two bottles of red and white wine in the other. I walked down the street, a grin on my face. This was going to be a fun night, I could tell.
“Hey,”
I turned my head and my heart sunk into my stomach when I saw who it was.
Kurt.
I smiled a strained smile. “Hi,” he nodded to the bags.
“What are those for?” I shrugged.
“Dinner.” He raised his eyebrows.
“Not for you and Cole certainly, I don’t think Cole’s old enough to be drinking wine don’t you think?” he joked and I looked ahead.
“Its dinner for me and my husband,” he furrowed his brows in confusion.
“Your . . . husband?” I nodded.
“Yes, my husband. You might have heard of him, Chris Cornell from Soundgarden. Not only that, but we also have a child together and one on the way.” I nodded down to my slight bump and he looked away and buried his hands in his front pockets.
“So I suppose I can’t come over tonight,” I shook my head.
“Tonight, no. Not ever. Kurt, I’m so unbelievably in love with Chris. I would never deliberately hurt him and what we did . . . was a mistake. I felt so guilty afterwards.” He nodded his head and looked on ahead as we walked.
“God knows you should stay faithful to your husband,” he said coldly and I shot him a look of daggers.
“What was I supposed to do Kurt, huh? You died and left me alone with a child! What the Hell was I supposed to do? Become depressed and stop raising Cole and eventually commit suicide and leave him alone in the world an orphan? I admit, I was depressed and in a dark spot, and that was when Chris stepped into the picture. He took care of us when I couldn’t, he supported us and me and loved me unconventally when I was in my dark spot; he became a father to Cole and he became my husband, and he adopted Cole. He taught me how to love someone. How to put pure, blind faith into their hands and trust that they wouldn’t betray you.” he swallowed. “Did you even miss me Lena?” he asked quietly and I swallowed as we reached a corner and waited for the light to turn red.
“Of course I did. At first I didn’t want to marry him, I was too hung up on you, but I knew that I needed someone to help me raise Cole, at least until I got out of my dark spot. Little did I know that I would fall head-over-heels in love with him,” he swallowed when we reached my house and we stopped.
“Lucky guy.” he said and I smiled and nodded a little.
“If I could I would hug you,” he smiled and shook his head as he turned and walked back down the sidewalk.
Sign up to rate and review this story