Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > This Aint A Fairytale, Honey

Red Is An Ugly Color On You, Darling

by sweet-tart 7 reviews

Rose finds out the boys' deadly secret...

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama,Humor,Romance - Characters: Bob Bryar,Frank Iero,Gerard Way,Mikey Way,Ray Toro - Warnings: [!] [!!] [V] - Published: 2009-05-08 - Updated: 2009-05-09 - 1748 words

2Ambiance
I sat, hyperventilating, on the edge of my bed; sleep deprived. I haven't blinked once all night, nor have I slept at all. Now, the sun was coming up and was flooding the rooms with vivid amounts of light. My mind kept replaying the night before like a movie, stopping on a scene and playing it back in slow motion. Mostly freezing on the part where Gerard had rested his head on my shoulder. My skin still had goosebumps scattered around and I was currently suffering from a contact-high where his pale white skin had touched mine.

Nobody could do this to me... nobody but him.

"This is impossible." I mumbled, walking over to the window.

I've known him for no more than three days and he already has this big of a reaction from me. I fear what would happen if his perfectly formed lips brushed against mine...

"No," I shook my head, resting my forehead against the cold glass. "This isn't happening."

"What isn't happening, Rose Petal?"

I jumped, stunned. I wheeled around, catching my foot on the rug. "Frank?"

"Yeah." Frank laughed, plopping down on my bed. "Why, you expecting someone?"

"No. It's just... what are you doing?"

He shrugged, stretching out over the sheets. "Amusing myself." He smiled coyly, raising an eyebrow. "So? How was it?"

"How was what?" I asked, becoming suddenly interested with the birds on the window sil.

"Gerard."

I gasped, choking on my tongue. "Excuse me?"

He laughed, patting my back gently. "I mean, how was dinner? Did he behave himself?"

"Oh," I nodded, the blood draining from my face. "I suppose. He didn't say much. Well, he didn't eat much either. Why, did he say something about it?"

Frank chewed his bottom lip, hesitant about something. "Rose--"

"If he said anything about me, you'd tell me. Right?"

"Yeah, but--"

"I don't know if I did something or--"

"Rose!" Frank interrupted, grabbing my wrists. "You have to understand something. Gerard isn't normal. Hell, you probably know that by now, but, he's not... like you. None of us are. It's best if you don't ask questions right now. Alright? It could be very dangerous to your health, Rose. I don't want to see anything happen to you. Honestly, I've gotten kind of fond of you and if you go snooping around in the wrong places... you're going to get hurt."

"Hurt?"

Frank sighed, resting his head against mine. "Cara mia, please. Listen to me? Just this once? The less you know, the better. And trust me, I'm not the only one who cares about you. There's someone in this house who'd rip my head off for telling you some of the things I do. And I quite like my head."

I nodded, smiling slightly. "Okay, Frank. I'll stop asking."

"Atta girl."

Frank turned to leave, almost out the door, when I called out to him. "Frank? Just to be clear... who else cares?"

He smiled, laughing quietly. "We all do, angel. Some more than others."

Before I could ask anymore, he left; leaving me confused and drowsy. Alone in my room. I yawned and wandered over to my bed, falling down and crawling under the covers, after I had stripped out of my gown. I smiled softly to myself as visions of Gerard flooded my mind.

But something Frank had told me worried me. Some warning behind his piercing eyes.

...you're going to get hurt.

Why do they keep telling me that? First Gerard and now Frank. Something's wrong here. Definetly wrong. And I will find out, whether they want me to or not.
__________________

"Rose? You awake yet?"

Groggily, I opened my eyes to see the smiling face of Mikey. I sat up, stiffling a yawn, and nodded, pressing my lips together.

He laughed. "Still tired? I could leave if you want."

"No, I'm fine." I smiled. "What brings you in here?"

"Just checking on you."

"Checking on me? Why would you have to..." I trailed off, glancing down at his stained shirt collar. His red-stained collar. My eye widened a bit, my eyelids refusing to go back any farther. It looked like blood. "Mikey! Are you okay? Are you hurt?"

"Huh?" He asked, confused. "No... ?"

He glanced down at himself, shooting me a sideways glance, before his eyes rested on the stain. His breathing hitched as he froze. His facial expression became a frantic one as he held his hands out in front of him, pleading me to stay in bed.

"Mikey?"

"Rose, it's fine. Just stay there."

"No," I got up, following him to the door, and pulled his shoulder around so he was facing me. That's when it caught my eye. The small blood droplet at the corner of his mouth. "Mikey... what is that? Did you cut yourself?"

He quickly wiped at his mouth, pushing me back. "Rose, please. Just stay here. Everything is fine."

"No!"

He rolled his eyes, opening his mouth wide. "Rose--"

I gasped. I've always noticed how sharp their teeth were but I never actually looked at them; so long and pointy. They, too, were stained; a darker color than the rest of his others. "Mikey? Please, tell me what's going on. Please."

"Rose, no." Mikey begged. "You wouldn't understand. You shouldn't get mixed up in this. Just, please, forget it."

I shook my head. "It's too late."

"Rose, I'm begging, here."

"No!" I gritted my teeth, fed up with their excuses. "Someone had better tell me what's going on, Mikey. I swear to God, if you don't, I'll--"

"What God?" He laughed, menacingly. "There's no God here. No one to protect you."

"Mikey, what--"

"We're all damned." He murmured, biting his lip. "And now... we've got you, too."

I scanned his face, searching for any hint of humor in his eyes.

None.

"I don't understand, Mikey. Please, explain it to me."

"No, Rose. You could never understand what we are."

"Then help me to." I urged.

"No." He sighed, his breath uneven. "I'm sorry. I've already said too much."

I glanced back down to his mouth, staring at his teeth again.

Exceedingly sharp. Stained. Long. Terrifying. They all had teeth like that.

I remember reading something about a similar subject once a few years back. But, it could never be true. Vampires just weren't real. But, then again... Gerard could never be real, either. How could something so angelic be so horrifying?

"Mikey, please tell me this isn't real."

He smiled weakly, apologetically. "Figured it out, huh?"

"Vampire?" I gasped, clutching at my neck.

"I'm so sorry, Rose. We never thought you'd ever really figure it out." He watched my hands and gently touched my cheek. "But, you have to know, we would never hurt you. Ever."

I shook my head, squeezing my eyes tight. "My father? What were you going to do with him?"

He looked down to the floor, guiltily. "I'm sorry."

"Sorry?" I mocked. "You were going to kill him and you say sorry? How can I believe anything you say now?"

"Rose, Gerard doesn't want you to--"

"No... no. I have to leave."

"Rose, you can't! You belong to him now."

I inhaled sharply, praying the wetness in my eyes wouldn't show. "Prisoner or not; I can't stay here with him any longer. Any of you."

I hurried out the door, pushing past inanimate objects in my way, and headed for the stairs; passing Ray and Bob on the way. They took one look at my face and ran towards Gerard's room. I had to get to the door before they caught me. I refuse to be involved in anything they do. Regardless of how I feel about them.

"Rose!"

His velvet voice flooded my ears like a siren call. I couldn't do this anymore; I kept running. I was almost at the front door when Gerard's rough hand caught my shoulder, spinning me around.

"Let me go!"

"Rose, please!" He begged. "You can't leave."

I struggled against his grip, his iron grasp tightening. "Gerard, no! I don't want to stay here with you. Please!"

He flinched, letting go. "W-What?"

"I know! I know everything!"

"Everything?" He whispered.

"Just let me go, please!"

He growled, his sad face an angry one now. "What do you want, Rose? You want the moon? Just say the word and I'll lasso it down for you. I'll give you anything you want, just, please, stay with me."

I shook my head, sobs escaping my lips. "I'm sorry... "

I ran out the door, ignoring their calls. I ran down the long walkway and nearly smacked into the iron wrought gate. I positioned my leg in between two bars and hoisted myself up and over the gate. Running into the woods, the last thing I heard was the familiar scream of Gerard over the close howling of the wolves.

Meanwhile, in the Mansion...

Ray's eyes widened as he shoved Gerard in the shoulder. "Gee, the wolves!"

"She wanted to leave." Gerard mumbled, leaning against the door.

"She'll get killed, Gerard!" yelled Frank. "Then what would you do?"

Gerard stared at the floor, fearful, before he jumped to his feet. "Keep a look out. I won't come back without her."




A/N - Hello, all. Thank you for the lovely reviews. They were all so sweet! And, for those of you who couldn't figure out what Gerard said in the last chapter, here are the translations. - Bello quanto la luna means 'more beautiful than the moon'. - Sonno stretto, bello. Possono i vostri sogni portargli i pensieri felici means 'sleep tight, beautiful. think happy thoughts'. And before you ask, Cara Mia means 'my angel' or 'angelic'. Doesn't matter which you use. So, what do you think about this chapter? Sorry, but the sooner I got their secret out, the sooner the romance could begin. Get ready, 'cause in the next chapter, Gerard comes to the rescue! Hooray! Well, thank you so much for reading and, hopefully, enjoying my story. Next edition out soon. Please, R&R for me. xoxo - Esther Rose Felton.

P.S. - And does anyone else love XO by Leathermouth? I love that band. Awesome CD. I think my favorite song is Bodysnatchers 4 Ever (What's A Pulse Got Ta Do With It?). If you haven't heard any of the songs from that CD, I suggest you do so immediately. Go support Mr. Frank Iero. And the new MCR CD comes out later this year! Goodbye, readers! Till the next one.
Sign up to rate and review this story