Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > Lasting Impressions

Brother's Blessing

by killxsmile 5 reviews

As MCS put it, "Tell me that you're alright! Yeah, everything is alright!"

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Humor - Published: 2009-05-16 - Updated: 2009-05-16 - 787 words - Complete

1Ambiance
Author's Note: You guys are too kind.

THANK YOUS!

somethingorother: And to think that Chloe and Alex were one a one-night stand. It's crazy how things have changed.

tryingtohard_x: lol. Glad you liked the analogy. It's probably the most elaborate one I've written thus far.

doyleangel: I appreciate the CAPS ENTHUSIASM more than you know. THANKS FOR THE FEEDBACK, YO!

Tissamy: If you want to dance around your living room, I'm doing my job effectively ;)

storystorystory!

Brother’s blessing.

“Hey, Jack, do you have a minute?” I asked, walking into the bunk area.
“Sure,” he replied, setting down his PSP.

“What’s up?”
“Um, I just wanted to make sure that you were really okay with me and Alex,” I said, taking a seat next to him.
“Oh, that… Listen, I’m sorry for being such an asshole about it. It’s just that I’ve seen what Alex is capable of and, well, you know the rest. The last thing I wanted was for you to become another notch on his belt. And your reputation for dating assholes didn’t help either…”
“I know that Alex has been around the block and that my exes weren’t the greatest guys, but you’ve gotta let us figure it out.”
“I know,” he said, letting a sigh escape from his lips.

“So you really like him, don’t you?”
“Yeah,” I admitted. “I never thought I‘d say this, but Alex can be a gentleman when he wants to be.”
“It’s been three months, right?”

I nodded.

“See, I wish you told me about it sooner. That way I could have got all the angry shit out of my system before tour.”
“But would you have invited me on tour if you had known?”
“To be honest, no.”
“See?”
“I guess you have a point. But Al is my best friend and you’re my sister. After finding out that you were both hiding something that big from me, then having Jenna thrown in my face-- I just snapped.”
“I’m really sorry about that. I still need to kick his ass for mentioning it.”
“Thanks,” he replied with a weak smile. “But he had a point. I was the pot calling the kettle black.”
“Still it was out of line.”

Jack shrugged his shoulders.

“It’s Alex. When is he ever ‘in line’?”
“True,” I said, nodding.
“But to answer your original question, yes. You and Alex have my blessing. I’ve been digesting the idea for the past few days, and as strange as it sounds, I think you two are good for each other. In all the years that I’ve been friends with Alex, I’ve never seen him cut anyone off from alcohol, let alone a girl. If anything, he’s the guy encouraging people to keep drinking. But last night he took away your drink, carried you to the bus, and made sure that you were alright… He’s never done anything like that for a girl before, so I figure that he must really care about you.”

I smiled, realizing how Alex had changed during the course of our relationship.

“I really care about him, too.”
“That’s good to hear, but can you do me a favor?”
“Uh, sure.”
“Try to keep the ADA to a minimum.”
“ADA?”
“Auditory displays of affection. My bunk is right below Alex’s, and I’d rather not hear you two banging like drummers on speed.”
“Alright,” I said, chuckling.
“But if he hurts you, I reserve the right to break his neck.”
“Fine by me. But if he does anything stupid, I’ll probably be the first to kick his ass.”
“Sounds good to me.”
“Alright. Now that that’s all settled, I’ll leave you to your PSP.”

He nodded and picked up the small device. From the sound of it, it sounded like he was playing God of War.

So I left the bunks and headed toward the front of the bus. Alex greeted me with open arms as he sat on the lounge’s leather couch.

“How’d it go?”
“Pretty well,” I said, sitting against him. “I think he’s genuinely okay with us. But he said that we should keep it quiet in the sack.”

He laughed then rested his chin on my shoulder.

“I think we can manage that.”
“And if we can’t?”
“We can buy him earplugs.”

+++++

RATE/REVIEW if you want the next one.
And believe me, you WANT the next one.

"Why?" you ask?
Well, in order for me to post the next chapter, I'll need to change the rating from PG-13 to NC-17. And you know what that means...

;)
Sign up to rate and review this story