Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > Press Play

never wanted to dance

by killxsmile 4 reviews

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: PG-13 - Genres:  - Published: 2009-05-20 - Updated: 2009-05-21 - 857 words

1Exciting
Author's Note: Thank doyleangel for reminding me that I still had this story posted. Sorry about lack of updates, but All Time Low has taken over my brain ever since BND.

somethingorother: Yep. I've painted Patrick as the super cute shy boy.

chocolatechortle22: Lol. The phone conversation was meant to be confusing. Sorry about the lack of updates on disasteRomance, but I have a major case of writer's block on that story and I don't want to force and update when I'm out of ideas. I'll probably get back to that story this weekend though.

pigeon: Sorry this one took so long.

Tissamy: He'll call. Don't worry.

doyleangel: As mentioned earlier, I have you to thank for reminding me to update this fic ;)

Now onto the long awaited chapter...

THIRTEEN: never wanted to dance

P A T R I C K

Taking a seat on Parker’s couch, I pulled out my wallet and dug around for the piece of paper with Juliet’s name on it. As I dialed, Pete flopped down next to me and started watching television.

Ringing…Shit, it’s ringing.

“If you hang up, I’m just gonna take your phone and redial,” Pete said, flipping through channels.

In efforts to calm my nerves, I drummed my fingers against the table.

“Hello?”
“Juliet?”
“This is she.”
“Umm, it’s Patrick.”
“Oh, hey,” she said, sounding preoccupied. “Bella, stop playing with that.”
“Are you doing something? I could call back later—”

Crashing noise.

“Is everything alright?”
“Yeah, sorry. My cat just knocked over a bunch of forks. Again,” she said with a slight chuckle. “What‘s up?”
“Well, I was wondering if we could hang out sometime, I mean, If you aren’t busy…”
“Yeah, I‘d love to.”
“Really? Great…Um, are you free tomorrow?” I asked, trying to mask my enthusiasm.
“Umm, I have work, but I get off at 4:30.”
“Would a movie and dinner at 6:00 be alright?”
“Yeah, definitely.”
“Cool… What’s your address?” I asked, motioning for Pete to hand me a pen.
“5293 West Natoma St., apartment 3.”

I scrawled the information onto a napkin on the coffee table in front of me.

“I guess I’ll see you tomorrow then?”
“Yeah, tomorrow.”
“Okay, bye Juliet.”
“Bye, Patrick.”

“See, it wasn’t that hard,” Pete said, as I flipped my phone shut.
“Says you.”

——-

4:57 PM.

“For the hundredth time, chill out,” Pete said.
“Nobody asked you to be here,” I reminded him.
“Yeah, but at this rate, you’re gonna wear a hole into the floor with your pacing.”

4:58 PM.

“You know, she’s probably as nervous as you are.”
Bailey seemed to bark in agreement with his comment, but it would take more than a yellow Labrador and a 28-year-old with a Peter Pan complex to calm my nerves.

4:59 PM.

“Stop looking at the clock already!” Pete exclaimed. I ignored his outburst and continued to watch the second hand as it moved around the clocks face.

5:00 PM.

I slipped on a hoody and grabbed my keys.

“Phone?” he asked.
“Yeah, I have it.”
“No, I mean give me your phone.”
“What?”
“Give me your phone,” he said, extending his hand in front of me.
“Why?”
“In case you get nervous and try to cancel last minute.”

I rolled my eyes.

“Pete, I’m not going to cancel on her.”
“Still, I want to be safe.”
“Ugh, fine.”

I dug the device from my pocket and handed it over.

“Have fun!” he said as I walked toward the door.
“Don’t break any of my stuff,” I reminded him.
“I won’t…Well, not on purpose anyway.”

“Keep an eye on him,” I said ruffling Bailey’s fur.
“Don’t worry,” Pete said. “Your dog is in safe hands.”
“I wasn’t talking to you, Wentz.”

He opened his mouth in mock anger as Bailey wagged his tail. With a sigh, I gave my dog one last pat on the head before walking toward the door.

“Don’t do anything that I would do,” Pete said as I stepped outside.
“I won’t.”

He smirked, then with a wave he locked the door behind me.

“Was it a bad idea to leave Pete alone in my house?” I thought to myself as I walked away. Then all of a sudden, Jimmy Urine’s voice came pulsing through my windows.

There is nothing you can do that I have not already done to myself
There is nothing you can do that I have not already done to myself
There is nothing you can do that I have not already done to myself
There is nothing you can do that I have not already done to myself

Never wanted to dance with nobody but you
Never wanted to dance with nobody but you
Never wanted to dance with nobody but you wouldn’t take no for an answer you fuckin bitch


“WOAAAH!”
Crashing noise.
Barking.

Yeah. Definitely a bad idea.

Nonetheless, I continued walking toward my car while Mindless Self Indulgence played in the background.

+++++

Please rate & review.
It's the only way I can tell if you guys are still reading.
Sign up to rate and review this story