Categories > Games > Sonic the Hedgehog

Decisions Made, Lines Crossed

by Amethyst_Stone23 0 reviews

This is the beginning of my many "misadventures" with Shadow the Hedgehog and Mephiles the Dark. Based roughly on a dream I had.

Category: Sonic the Hedgehog - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama - Characters: Shadow - Warnings: [V] [?] - Published: 2009-05-28 - Updated: 2009-05-29 - 2482 words

0Unrated
I chuckled evilly as one after another, the Infected fell. Each Infected in my sight received a fatal nut shot from my awesomely powerful shotgun, and I couldn’t contain my evil cackles as each one fell in their own unique way. Yes…Left 4 Dead has to be one of my favorite games in the whole world. And the Xbox 360 just so happens to be my best friend when Shadow’s not around…just sitting on the couch, playing my game…no one in the world to bother me…no, sir…

“Ouch.”

The low, cool voice behind me was enough to scare the crap out of me, and as a result, I missed my mark on the game, and became furious. “Oh my god, Mephiles! What the hell is your problem?!” I yelled without looking away from the T.V. screen. I huffed and pursed my lips to show my dismay.

He just laughed at me. Then, I felt his arms wrap around my neck from behind and his hands folded in front of me, resting in my lap. I felt his chin settle on top of my head, and for a moment, I felt truly content. But that ended quickly when I once again lost my concentration and accidentally startled a Witch. The psychotic character came after me with claws extended and blood-red eyes glowing with the intention to kill.

“What the hell?! Get off me!!” I yelled again. I started shooting like crazy at the quickly approaching Witch, also trying to maneuver out of his arms without losing my concentration again all at the same time. I managed to get his chin off of my head, but his hands only unfolded and gripped my waist, picking me up and sitting me on the back of the couch.

The Witch had already tackled me and was ripping me apart as I kept hitting the shoot button, although my own attempts to save myself were futile. Little did I know, that helplessness was true in more places than just my video game.

I felt his warm breath in my ear as he whispered, “Come, my dear. It’s playtime.”

The rasp in his voice caused a cold shiver to trickle down my spine. I shook slightly and elbowed him away, relieved now that my teammates had killed the Witch and were healing me. “Just go away,” I remarked, annoyed with his…clinginess. Using one hand to navigate through my happy, little video game world, I grabbed one of his wrists and tried to pull it off of my waist, but his hand wouldn’t budge.

He chuckled in my ear. “You’re so neglectful…no wonder Shaddie can’t seem to control his temper. Your pathetic resistance is so adorable, though…it’s enough to drive anyone mad.” Then, he began nibbling my ear-- not hard enough to puncture the skin, but enough to annoy the crap outta’ me.

“Get…off,” I demanded sternly, already shooting at the new horde of Infected attacking my team. He gave a playful growl, but just then, the phone rang.

Oh my god. What now? Will I never get any peace to play a freakin’ video game?! I mean, honestly!

Mephiles finally released me, so I took the opportunity to pause the game, jump off the couch, and sprint to the kitchen before he could decide to grab me again. Without looking at the Caller ID, I yanked the phone off the hook and answered impatiently, “What?”

“Yo! ‘Sup?”

I rolled my eyes. “What do you want, October? I’m trying to play a freakin’ video game--”

“And she keeps takin’ nut shots…it’s rather cruel,” Mephiles chimed from the kitchen door.

October snickered. “Aw, poor Mephie. You shouldn’t be so greedy, Ammy, give ‘im a chance to fight back!”

My face went red, and by now Mephiles was standing next to me where he could hear everything. He laughed, of course.

“Shut up, ‘Tober, you freakin’ crackhead! He’s not talkin’ about that, you little nasty. I’m trying to play Left 4 Dead, but some people won’t leave me the freak alone,” I shot a meaningful glance at Mephiles, which only made him laugh more…which in turn, only made me madder. “Okay, tell me what you want right now before I hang up on you!”

October finally stopped laughing and paused for a minute. “Aw, crap! I don’t remember! Shit…”

I sighed and my impatience grew. These people really knew how to bug the crap outta’ me. “Well, just call me later, if you remember! I gotta’ go! I have more Infected to massacre.”

“And more nut shots to deliver,” Mephiles chuckled.

October laughed really hard at that one. “Would you stop with the stupid double-meaning crap, already?!” I yelled at them both.

Then, October suddenly stopped laughing. She became very serious. “Wait a minute. I thought Mephiles didn’t have a dick.”

That did it. “For your information, he does! And that’s none of your business, anyways! Now, if you don’t mind, I have a video game to play, so I’ll talk to you later! Okay?” My face was burning now and I avoided looking at Mephiles, fearing what I might see in his eyes.

“All right. See ya’ later. Bye,” October finished calmly, although I swear I could hear her mutter “only you would know.” I could tell she was holding back even more laughter. Yes, it’s just so much fun to laugh at poor Amethyst because she gets defensive about the things she knows about…not that she particularly wants to know about them…and she really needs to stop thinking in third person.

“Bye,” I said with absolute finality, and hung the phone back up.

My face still burning, I peeked over at Mephiles, who was being way too quiet. And I instantly regretted it. He was leaning against the counter, his arms folded across his chest, and he had his head tilted downward, but was looking up at me through his eyelashes.

Oh, god…not that look. I know that look.

I’m not sure what my face showed, but he acted as if in response to my thoughts. He lifted his head and his face lit up with amusement. “Aw, come on, baby. Don’t you wanna’ check? We wouldn’t want you to turn out to be a liar.”

“Trust me, I know. You’ve seen to that,” I replied hotly. That look in his eyes…the way he was eying me…I knew exactly what he was thinking about-- what he wanted. And I also knew that he almost always got what he wanted.

“Is that so?…Well, what if I was creating a vision in your head, and you only thought that’s what you saw…felt,” he chuckled darkly, then continued, “I really think you should check again…just to make sure.”

He was getting really carried away, now, and I really wanted to get back to my game. So what did I do? After realizing I still had the wireless game controller in my hand, I chucked it at his head. He easily dodged it and held his gaze on my face. Averting my eyes from his, I trudged past him, scooping up the controller on my way back to the living room.

I swerved around the couch and plopped on the floor only two feet from the T.V. so that I could get back in my “game zone.” I felt rather than heard Mephiles follow me into the room-- his presence always made my heart speed up, so I could tell when he was around…if I was paying attention. But I wasn’t now-- I was ignoring him.

I un-paused the game and immediately jumped back into action, shooting the previously-frozen Infected until my team was able to move a little further. Within seconds, I was entranced, enjoying my virtual-reality blood-spill.

But it’s all fun and games until Mephiles doesn’t get what Mephiles wants. One second, I was moving through an abandoned, blood-spattered hospital, shooting ugly zombie-wannabes as I came across them, and the next, they were attacking me and I couldn’t stop them due to the absence of the controller in my hand-- due to the demon pinning me to the floor and knocking the damn thing out of my hands.

I watched in horror as the Infected pummeled me, their ugly faces and sickening screeches mocking me. The worst part was that my teammates kept killing all the Infected, but then we would be attacked by more and more mobs caused by my inactivity…so my death was a very slow and prolonged one.

I still didn’t look away from the T.V. screen, so little did I know, I was leaving my neck broadside and completely vulnerable. So what happened next was not surprising, merely an object of my utter stupidity.

Several sharp fangs sank into my neck, and a long, slender tongue began lapping up the blood already springing from the wound. I finally became full aware of Mephiles’ rage. He wanted to play now. And I was paying more attention to a video game than I was to him. What a baby.

Then, he started moving his mouth, ripping through my flesh as if it were paper. He did it slowly and I could feel the blood spilling out and forming a puddle around me before Mephiles could catch all of it with his tongue.

When he realized much of my blood was escaping his mouth, he closed his mouth tighter around my neck, digging his fangs deeper to make sure he had a good hold on me. Then, he began inhaling, sucking the blood off of my skin and out of the wounds.

Tears sprang to my eyes and I choked on the sobs that were trying to escape my mangled throat. I began to struggle, kicking my feet as best I could and trying to shove him away with my hands. His only reaction was to grab my hands, stretch them out to either of side of us, and lay on top of the full length of my body, all without moving his mouth. Even though he wasn’t super heavy, he still weighed more than me, making it not only impossible for me to move, but also much harder for me to breathe.

I searched for his face out of the corner of my eye and saw that his eyes were closed in pleasure. I was finally able to manage a broken whimper, which made his eyes shoot open. He saw my expression, which I’m sure showed my fear and pain, and this seemed to amuse him. But when his eyes locked on mine and saw the tears, he froze for a minute before slowly removing his fangs from my neck.

I gagged and wheezed some more, gasping for air, but his weight kept my lungs from expanding. The wound continued to bleed profusely, and my struggling only made things worse. He didn’t try to calm or comfort me. He merely shifted so that he could hold both of my wrists over my head with one hand and have the other hand free.
Lightly dragging his claws over the bloody mess of my throat, wisps of darkness poked out of his fingertips and crept over my neck. I could feel the distinct burning the darkness seemed to inflict as the rips in my throat gradually closed. The pain ebbed away, even though the burning feeling still hurt like crap.

I was finally able to recompose myself, and I looked right up into Mephiles’ face. He was smiling bemusedly while the awkward look he gave me seemed to say that he was in heaven. The darkness dissipated and all that was left was his claws still dancing around the softness of my neck, drawing patterns I couldn’t recognize.

“Are you going to pay attention, now?” he asked politely with a gentility I wasn’t too familiar with.

Well, of course, being the retarded crackhead I am, I’m not smart enough to pick my fights wisely when I’m angry…and hell, was I furious. I swallowed, making me wince, then cleared my throat. I looked straight in his hazy eyes and asserted myself…in a not-so-mature way, I regret to admit.

“Damn you to fucking hell, you fucking bastard!!!” I screamed in his face.

He stopped running his clawed fingers across my throat, and his dreamy gaze quickly hardened into a deadly glare. One claw lingered at the base of my throat, poised and ready to puncture, while his steely lime green eyes seemed to bore holes through me. How wonderfully ironic.

“Did you just cuss at me?” his voice was a low snarl. Jeesh, he got worked up about the weirdest things.

“Uh, no shit, dumbass!” I growled at him, nowhere near as fearful as I definitely should have been. I spat in his face…and as I expected, he really didn’t like that.

His eyes flashed with anger, and with one fluid movement, he grabbed the front of my shirt and flung me out from underneath him where he’d pinned me on the carpeted floor. I slammed into the wall on the opposite side of the living room, but before I could fall to the floor, Mephiles was already there, holding me by my neck against the wall.

“Haven’t I warned you about that dirty mouth of yours?” he asked, slightly mocking. He lowered me until we were at eye-level, even though my feet still dangled almost a foot above the floor. “Are you going to fix your mistake, or must I purge your mouth of that filth myself?” he snarled.

Of course-- defiant, idiot bitch that I am-- I continued to defy him. My voice was low and almost as dangerous-sounding as his. “Fuck…you,” I enunciated as if he were a child or mentally retarded. And…as I should have guessed…he didn’t like that, either.

He growled, then pushed himself against me, hard enough that he let go of my neck and I didn’t fall to the floor. He pressed his mouth firmly against mine and began kissing me. It caught me off guard and my mouth fell open-- terrible mistake.

His tongue flicked into my mouth, slithering along my own tongue and the roof of my mouth. Then, he caught my tongue between his razor-sharp teeth and bit down hard. The pain was terrible and I screamed, but it was too muffled to carry very far. My blood filled both of our mouths and pain mixed with anger and fear and love. Then, nothing. I slipped into unconsciousness, my feelings a giant hurricane in my mind.
Sign up to rate and review this story