Categories > Celebrities > Slipknot > Not All Hope Is Gone

Bad Ideas?

by Slash_Addict 1 review

Corey has a great idea, but Mick doesn't think so.

Category: Slipknot - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Humor - Published: 2009-05-09 - Updated: 2009-06-06 - 545 words

1Funny
Corey sat silently in his chair, staring out the window as his eight brothers sat behind him talking about something he had lost track of long ago. New mask? New song? He didn’t care anymore. He was busy right now. Focused, yet not concentrating on the rain that slammed against the window.

“You call it!” He had heard Joey’s voice float over the room like dead air. The he listened as he heard Shawn state, “I never call it. You call it.” As he pointed at Sid who whined, “I always call it! You call it!” But a second later, Sid had yelled out “Heads!”
He must’ve lost though. He heard him start screaming “DAMNIT! Fuck! Fuck! Fuc-” Followed by the sound of getting punched in the face.

Corey did notice when Mick came up behind him; he just didn’t react, until Mick spoke.
“What’re you thinking about?”
“I want a new member. A fresh face, you know?”
“Like, a replacement?”
“No. More of an addition.”

They stood there for a few moments before Mick spoke again.
“What’d you have in mind?”
There was a moment of silence.
“Nothing too special.” Corey replied. “Maybe…”
Another pause.
“Maybe… A girl.”

Mick stared at the shorter front man for a moment. Mick still felt as though Metal was a Man’s world, and here’s Corey, wanting to taint that world with a change of gender. It upset him slightly. Made him feel uneasy. But he knew that when Corey Taylor wanted something bad enough, nothing would stop him.

But he had to try at least.

“I don’t know Corey… Do you honestly think a girl can do what we do?”
“Play music? Lita Ford did. Pat Benetar did. And what about those chicks that did ‘Cherry Bomb’?”
The giant guitarist sighed. “Not what I meant.” He somewhat growled under his breath. “I mean the other things.”
Corey looked up at him, his eyes asking the question instead of his mouth.
Mick continued, “You know. The visual aspect of things. Do you honestly think a girl can take a punch from Shawn to the temple?”

Corey shook his head.
“Or jumping off a five story high balcony into the ‘Not All That Trusting’ hands of the crowd beneath.
Again, Corey shook his head.

Mick was about to go on to mention the little unpleasantness that comes along once a month… but decided he wasn’t comfortable talking about it himself, so he just let it die.

Corey continued to look out the window.
“Well…” Corey whispered, contemplating his idea to himself for a moment. Finally, he had a solution.
“You’re right Mick. Maybe a girl wouldn’t be so safe on stage with us.”
A small smile formed on Mick’s face.
“We could always use a maid though!” He smiled. Mick’s was wiped from his face immediately.

And that was that. Not another word was mentioned about the situation. Corey would find a woman to do all the cleaning and cooking, so that they’d have more time to themselves. Even with this fact, Mick still felt uneasy about the whole thing. But he’d sooner die then let anyone know this.

And the rest… is destiny.
Sign up to rate and review this story