Categories > Games > Final Fantasy 7 > More Fantasies

More Fantasies

by Mikari 0 reviews

A collection of Final Fantasy VII crossovers with various other worlds.

Category: Final Fantasy 7 - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama,Humor,Romance - Characters: Cloud Strife,Elena,Reno,Rude,Tseng - Published: 2009-05-17 - Updated: 2009-05-17 - 6616 words - Complete

0Unrated
My Site: http://piratesboard.net/mikari/

Art Archives:
http://mikaristar.deviantart.com
http://mikaristar.sheezyart.com
http://fanart-central.net/profile-AzureMikari.php
http://artgrounds.com/gallery/Mikari/
http://anipan.com/21462/
http://pixiv.net/member.php?id=4828776
http://pinterest.com/mikariazure/

More Fantasies: Universe I

Fantasy 01: Ren vs Ren (Jigoku Shoujo)

"Where did he go?" The petitions came and went, flooding Enma Ai's inbox until she resorted to blocking the Turks, an honor that no other mortals had achieved. Now no one could send them away. It was a requirement that the full name of the person one wanted to curse was entered into the website, not just the first name but the last name as well, and Ai was tired of the half filled forms.

However, the ferry girl was still curious about those people called Turks, who so many wanted to curse, but none had the information to do so. This was none of her business, she was not one to bring justice, she had said so before, she only brought vengeance at a steep price, and she was curious. Though she didn't intend to do anything, she simply wanted to learn a little more about them, so she sent her usual investigators.

Reno jumped out ambushing his adversary in the deserted alley of Junon, throwing a punch and missing terribly. "Fast reflexes," he tried again, again and again, but the man, who didn't even turn around, continued to avoid the hits. "Do you have eyes in the back of your head?!"

"Yes," a single golden eye, about five times the size of a normal eye, appeared on the back of the dark haired man's head.

But it only amused Reno instead of frightening him like it did to most people. "I know who you are."

"A lot of people have tried to send you and your Turk companions away, but the petitions were all refused due to incomplete information. If you don't want to be sent to hell I suggest you continue keeping your last name a secret, just in case the lady ever decides to stop blocking the Turks to avoid the spam of incomplete forms." The man closed the large golden eye and it disappeared from the back of his head, leaving him to look normal. He turned around, the left side of his face was covered completely by his hair, hiding the eye that had returned to its original place, but the right side looked normal.

"I'm not sure what that's about, but why are you following me?" Reno asked.

"The lady sent us to investigate the Turks," the man replied.

"Lady?"

"Enma Ai."

"I've heard about her, then you're one of her followers?"

"Didn't you say you knew who I was?"

"I thought you were one of Hojo's surviving experiments."

The unusual young man was visibly offended. "I'm not bad looking!" He blurted out in frustration. He cleared his throat and regained his composure, fixing his hair lightly. "My name is Ren."

"Copycat," Reno laughed, "but don't worry, Rens are good looking," though the compliment was meant completely for himself, it was true for both of them.

"Rens are skilled and strong too," Ren looked towards the group that had been following them, while he followed Reno for his investigation. He looked amused.

"Rens always win," the group of Shinra haters approached and Reno wished he had brought his electrorod. "Hey," he tapped Ren on the shoulder as he began to walk away, intending to ask if he would fight from the other end of just stand aside. Unknowingly Reno sent a current of electricity to Ren. "What was that?" Reno looked at his own hand, wondering why his electricity reacted like that, was it because Ren was not human? Ren had reverted to his original form, a katana more than a hundred years old, but still in perfect condition and as sharp and deadly as ever. "That's useful," Reno picked up the sword.

"Don't swing me around so much!" Ren complained. "No, no, you'll get me all messy! Put me down already!"

"I'm sure glad my electrorod doesn't complain like this," after the Shinra haters were disposed of, Reno set the katana down, "are you going to change back now?”

"Of course I am, but have the consideration to clean this stuff off me first," Ren complained. Reno rolled his eyes and cleaned off the sword with his sleeve; then the katana once again became Ren in his human form. "Even if you are a Ren too you don't take care of your appearance.”

"I don't need too," Reno proudly replied.

Ren pouted a little and dusted off his clothes, with a human body, there came human vanity, though he had always been an elegant sword. "Anyway, I wasn't trying to interfere; human battles are not our business. I returned to my old form by accident. Did you know that electricity repels item spirits? That's why modern items can't become aware in their one hundredth birthday, besides, things don't last that long anymore anyway."

"So you can't use electric things?" Reno asked.

"Of course I can! I can use electric appliances, TVs, computers, cell phones, anything; I could even be electrocuted and it wouldn't really hurt me. But that's because I have already become aware and there's no going back," Ren explained. "Just now, that was only a short circuit so to speak, because you're his descendant, plus we partly share a name."

"Whose descendant?"

"The samurai mercenary, my original owner," Ren revealed.

"Interesting," Reno grinned mischievously, "so I got myself a talking sword!"

"I'm not anyone's property anymore."

"But I can turn you into a sword just by touching you."

"You caught me off guard last time. I was surprised to realize who you are, but it won't happen again unless I allow it."

"Are you sure?"

"Try it, go on, touch me and turn me into a sword."

"Here goes," Reno gave Ren a little push but nothing happened, he pushed him again and still nothing happened. He pushed some more, then shoved.

"Hey! You don't have to do it so hard!" Ren protested. Reno looked like he was having fun punishing him around, or maybe he was amused by the fact that the action was being allowed without complaints, when normally one would have said something right away. "You're enjoying this aren't you?"

"It's fun," Reno admitted.

Ren rolled his visible eye. "Just like I said, it doesn’t work."

But Reno wasn't ready to give up and annoyingly poked Ren repeatedly, "c'mon show me the sword!"

"I hope not all Rens are this annoying." Ren pouted and started to poke Reno back.

Meanwhile in the Sunset World, the echo of laughter was heard while three people watched the poking battle of the Rens on a computer screen. A woman in a kimono literally rolled with laughter, an old man laughed loudly and a girl with black hair and red eyes, whom Reno would have said looks like Vincent if he saw her, smiled.

Fantasy 02: Curiosity Almost Killed the Ren (Jigoku Shoujo)

"This is my last warning, if you do not stop bothering me I will kill you," Vincent Valentine was angrier than he ever remembered being.

But Reno only looked disappointed, "kill? Is that your revenge? Fine, be that way!" The redhead stomped away.

As a Turk, Reno had already eliminated everyone who ever annoyed him, which meant that he had no one left to curse; hence why he was trying to push Vincent into taking a sort of revenge that would push Reno to hate him, using the hate to summon the famous ferry girl of legend.

Of course, Reno would refuse the contract and take care of his own vengeance, but he needed to summon Enma Ai because he knew of no other way to contact Ren and there was something important he needed to ask about. However, Reno only wanted to summon the ferry girl, not ride her boat, so getting killed was out of the question.

Then an imaginary light-bulb lit up above his head. "Cloud!" and he rushed to call Strife Delivery Service.

xoxox xox xoxox

"You want me to deliver this letter to a sword turned human called Ren," Cloud repeated.

Reno nodded, "right, all you have to do is try to use the cursing website at midnight, enter a name and click the button. Then you can ask the ferry girl to give that to Ren if he's not there when she appears. You don't need to curse anyone, just summon the ferry girl."

"Right..." Cloud was starting to doubt Reno's sanity more than usual.

"Everyone I could really hate is dead so I can't summon her." Reno never thought the day would come when that was a bad thing.

Cloud shrugged, he wouldn't lose anything by attempting to use that Deegle search engine to find the cursing site. It would be fine since he didn't actually need to send anyone away; he just needed to speak to the ferry girl to deliver the letter. Besides, it could all be just a legend anyway. Then Cloud realized that he would be unable to do this for similar reasons as Reno. "I don't have anyone to hate either. If hating someone is a requirement, then I can't do this."

"What about Sephiroth?" Reno asked.

"I dislike him very much and think he became a terrible man. But he wasn't always that way before he went insane." Cloud explained. Besides Reno wasn’t sure if it would work for someone who was in the life stream rather than the world of the living.

"Then use yourself emo boy, go on one of those I hate myself guilt trips and write your own name!" Reno was getting impatient.

"I can't!" Cloud argued, "I promised Tifa I wouldn't do that anymore!"

"Where's an emo when you need one?" Reno pouted, so much for Strife Delivery Service.

xoxox xox xoxox

"So if you type the name of Rufus Shinra in the little box on the website that appears at midnight, you can curse him and a ferry girl will come and take him away!" Reno finished his explanation.

Barret's expression remained unchanged; it looked like it took everything he had to stop himself from shooting Reno there and then. "You expect me to believe that?"

"It's the truth! I'll be there when you try to send Rufus away so if it's a lie you can shoot me," Reno was confident this time his plan would work.

"Fine, if I can't get rid of Rufus, at least I'll get rid of you," Barret agreed.

xoxox xox xoxox

It was midnight at Shinra HQ and the computer screen showed the Deegle search engine with the Hell Correspondence keyword. The enter key was pressed and the cursed site appeared. Barret entered the name of Rufus Shinra and clicked to send it; then a strange girl who looked like Vincent Valentine appeared, accompanied by a woman in a kimono and an old man.

"It worked!" Reno cheered, he would finally know the truth which would save him or destroy him, but he had to know, or the doubts would drive him insane.

"When one is cursed, two graves are dug..." Enma Ai spoke. She extended her hand holding a blue straw doll, which Reno took before Barret could.

"I lied," Reno had actually told the truth before, but not the entire truth. Now he was going to lie to get himself out of the mess he created all to gain a little information. "This won't make you send Rufus away, it will send you away," the first part was a lie, as it would send Rufus away immediately. But the second part was half true, as the one who curses will also be cursed, but only after death.

"I knew it!" Barret aimed his gun arm at Reno.

"Wait a minute! Aren't you giving me any credit because I stopped you?" As usual Reno didn't consider all the possibilities and counted on things turning out as he expected. But if they didn't, this time he remembered to bring his electrorod and materia.

Barret thought about it, remembering Tifa's speech about moving on and leaving the past behind. "Fine, I'll let you go this time just because it looks like you do have a guilty conscious after all, I hope it tortures you!" Barret left the Shinra computer lab.

"Finally, everything went as planned!" Reno looked at the blue straw doll.

"Do you intend to use that?" Enma Ai asked. "If you truly wish to eliminate your enemy you will pull that red string. However-"

"Why would I want to eliminate the one who signs my paychecks?" Reno interrupted.

"Then return that to me," Ai pointed at the straw doll.

"In a minute, I need some answers." Reno set the straw doll on the computer desk and pulled a printed picture out of his pocket, it looked like the photo of an old painting. "Ren, you said I was the descendant of your owner. I was curious so I had someone do some research for me and found this. But this guy, he's also the ancestor of... We can't have a common ancestor even if it was so many years ago... Tell me the truth!"

Ai nodded and Ren returned to his human form. "I said you were the descendant of my original owner, a samurai mercenary. Samurai and mercenary, that doesn't go well together, it makes little sense so there is no record of his existence. That man in the picture was one of the many who wielded me when I was a sword, but not my original owner. You are not related to the descendant of that man in any way."

Reno breathed deeply, allowing himself to fall into one of the chairs. "That's a relief, me and him distant relatives, that would have been horrible. That's all I needed to ask, you can go now."

"Let's go home," Ai announced.

Ren laughed, "you're always doing things the complicated way, just like him."

Onna shook her head, "I don't really understand this guy."

Wanyudo was the last to leave, "curiosity can kill, but I suppose doubts are worse."

Fantasy 03: To Be Loved (Naruto, Dragon Ball Z)

The endless whiteness stretched as far as the eye could see as a woman and a boy walked on the white surface. The boy thought he saw fire in the distance and felt a strong energy. The woman stopped. They were too close to a portal were they did not belong. "Let's go back now," she said with a smile.

The boy nodded, to be loved was all he ever wanted. "Yes, mother." This boy was different from her other adoptive children. He too believed his mother to be rather unusual, not an ancient alien like the others but instead sand, sand fed by blood. The boy was quite upset when his adoptive siblings took his mother away but soon realized that perhaps it had become just sand due to the trip into this eternally white realm. Maybe the woman that cared for the silver haired boys could be his mother too after all.

Although the woman was not the biological mother of any of those boys she cared for them as if she was their mother. In turn her dear friend and companion of the white world, perhaps more, earned the titled of father while he helped her care for the children.

That boy, the youngest one, was not a sibling of the oldest three. Those three had silver hair and spoke of reunions. This boy had red hair and raccoon eyes and the word reunion to him was just an average word. The woman sighted thinking of her adoptive children. Although her youngest child was not related to the other three before, he was now. They were all adoptive brothers now.

"Mother," the boy called. He had been trapped in his own body by a spirit that tortured him for too long. When the spirit was gone the change in him was obvious.

"Yes?" The woman asked, the smile never left her face.

"My brothers said that they had two other siblings, a traitor and a big brother. Where are they?" The boy curiously asked. He had turned quite curious and it was only natural with most of his memories erased after leaving the world of the mortal ninjas.

"There are no traitors in our family. There are two others, two big brothers." She smiled thinking of one of them in particular. "One of them is too big to adopt. He has a family of his own now. The other I think is still not ready to be here. He still clings to his other mother."

The boy nodded confused yet relatively satisfied with the answer he had received. He continued walking with his mother across the endless whiteness. The power he had felt before appeared to fade in the distance as if the aura of the white realm was too thick to allow the energy to travel too far. Soon they approached their home. There, his adoptive father and brothers waited.

The red haired raccoon boy smiled. He had long forgotten what he thought had been his purpose and now he turned towards his first wish. To be loved, that's all he wanted in the beginning and he finally had it.

Fantasy 04: Gadgeteer (Final Fantasy Tactics Advance)

"Do you think it'll fly?" Bibo asked uncertain, sure it was the machine he had been working on himself, but it looked so incomplete.

It was kind of like a helicopter, except it didn't look quite as finished with wires sticking out. It looked more like an engine with a propeller on top and a seat attached on the side. "It will," but Reno couldn't be picky, this was as much as they could get with the gil they sneaked out of their mission fees and the tips and extra items that Rae never heard of.

"Ready? Don't forget, you have to charge the battery with your black mage ability when it starts to beep," the moogle gadgeteer reminded the hume who was also a gadgeteer, as odd as it may sound.

"No problem," Reno moved the goggles he usually wore on his forehead to rest over his eyes. "Take off!" The strange contraption started to fly, Bibo cheered and watched contently as the machine went higher and higher. "It won't go forward..."

"What?" Bibo tried to catch up with the machine. "What did you say?"

"It only goes up, not forward!" Reno yelled from above as the strange machine continued gaining altitude.

"Did you wire the controls like I told you?" Bibo asked.

Oops, that explained it, "no... I think I wired them like a..." Well it wasn't his fault. As a Turk Reno was used to improvising explosives, it was the force of habit that made unconsciously construct a bomb. "I gotta land this thing!" A beep was heard, indicating that the battery needed recharging. Reno let it be and the propeller started to slow down, the machine losing altitude.

But then it started to fall too fast when the propeller stopped spinning completely. "Reno, the battery!"

"I know!" Reno gave the battery a little electricity, enough to make the strange excuse for an experimental helicopter float and slow its fall. The process was repeated until the so called helicopter softly landed.

By then the Giza Plains were not as empty as they had been when they took off, now a band of thieves was resting there. "You two! Give us all your gil and items, and we'll take that weird machine too!"

"Go head and take it," Reno grabbed Bibo and ran for cover.

"Hey! The items and gil too! Leave them here!" The thief leader yelled.

"Reno, how could you leave the helicopter? It's not like you to give up, why?" Bibo complained.

"Accident," Reno replied and there was a huge explosion when the silent timer of the helicopter bomb ended its count down. The blast knocked out the band of thieves, just as a judge arrived.

"This thief clan was wanted for causing all sorts of trouble stealing around town," the judge watched the scene riding on a chocobo from a safe distance.

"I guess you're in luck because we caught them," they were lucky, so Reno thought they might as well take credit.

"I see, good, good, here's the reward," the judge handed them the reward then blew a whistle. A group of soldiers and paladins came to take the unconscious thieves away.

"How lucky, did we get a lot of gil?" Bibo peeked into the reward bag.

"Yeah, with this we could build a much better helicopter." Reno kind of missed flying the Shinra choppers, but they would have to build their own helicopter in that world since Shinra wasn't there to provide one.

Bibo nodded, "next time, don't wire it like an explosive. Maybe this is why humes are not supposed to be gadgeteers..."

"Hey! Just for that I'm keeping the gil!" Reno ran off with the bag.

"Not fair!" Bibo flew after him and clung to reward bag. "Mine!"

"No way, its mine!" Reno didn't let the gil bag go.

"What are you two doing?" A third voice was heard, interrupting the playful tug-of-war. Rae, the leader of Clan Eternity, was passing by the Giza plains on her mission to capture a band of thieves that she didn't know was caught a few minutes ago. "There are thieves around here so you have to be careful. What's in the bag?"

"Nothing!" Reno and Bibo replied unanimously and ran away, disappearing in the distance, off to cause more mischief with their attempts to build a helicopter.

Fantasy 05: Sleeping on the Job (Chrono Trigger, Lufia II: Rise of the Sinistrals, Mortal Kombat, Tenchi Universe, Atomic Betty)

The red haired young man entered the temple, a spot of black in a sea of white. His sleeveless black leather jacket had his family symbol on the back and the metal soles of his boots noisily stepped on the white marble floor. But the owner of the temple was a little hard of hearing so he continued to sleep soundly even after the man sat down in the fluffy plush golden colored mat in from of his throne. "Grandpa Ramuh!" Reno was sure that they must have heard him across the land, but if he didn't yell loud enough his grandfather wouldn't wake up.

Ramuh snapped awake in a similar fashion to his dear friend Gaspar. He stood up for a moment, wondering why his slumber was interrupted, then saw his grandson giving him a curious look. Oh yes, that's right, Reno. Ramuh sat down again, his long white robes matched his beard which was long enough to touch the floor. "Ah Reno, how you've grown!" Ramuh's speech always started the same way; Reno knew it all by heart. "One day when you turn eighteen, your powers will grow and you will even be able to fly!"

"That sounds great grandpa, I can't wait!" Ramuh had no idea that Reno was actually twenty-five and he had already long since mastered flying.

"Yes, yes." To be young and full of energy, how Ramuh missed that. "Then you can be a hero and work hard for the human race."

"I'm looking forward to it." Ramuh had no idea how much the phrase ‘work hard’ frightened his grandson. Being a hero was fine, but working hard was not something he wanted to do, so he pretended he wasn't old enough to take the duty yet, because he didn't have the power yet.

"Go on now enjoy your free time before you get busy." Ramuh sent Reno on his way and continued his nap.

Reno exited the temple with the same noisy footsteps he came in with then took off to the skies once outside. Flying was so much fun! In the distance he saw a floating island, Doom Island, home of the sinistrals, they really weren't as bad as the name of their home made it sound. There was no doom waiting for Reno there, he was supposed to meet his family at the floating island's public park. He landed and found his father easily. "Yo!"

Raiden nearly jumped out of hi skin and glared at his mischievous son with lightning in his eyes. "Don't sneak up on me. Has the old man figured out you're skipping out on your duties?" Not that Raiden could speak. He left his father, Ramuh, to take care of dealing with the humans and hardly did anything himself. After a few adventures, he called his duties done and decided to stay in the human world coming to visit occasionally.

"Nope, he thinks I haven' gained my full power yet." And if it was Reno's choice, Ramuh would continue being tricked forever. He just didn't feel like doing that hard work thing, let humans take care of themselves.

"Chibi-Ren!" A woman with long pink hair squealed. She was once also a being of that world, but like Raiden she liked to stay in the human world most of the time. Reno didn't get it, this world was more fun for him, though he had to admit he did have fun when he visited his sister and they went out to cause chaos as space pirates. "Call me mommy!"

"Mommy," Reno wasn't sure why, but being called mommy seemed to be the ultimate happiness for his mother, Washu. Not mom or mother, it had to be mommy.

Washu hugged her son as sis the little dolls on her shoulders. "Chibi-Ren, could you do mommy a favor and help her find your sister?"

"Sure," so Reno was given the task of finding his sister, Ryoko. That shouldn't be too hard, he would just follow the explosions and find her in no time. She was flying around shooting lasers while Kyone and Mihoshi of the Galactic Guardians tried to make her stop. Mihoshi complained of being tired and Kyone kept telling her to keep chasing Ryoko or they would give everyone a bad impression of the human world. "Ryoko!"

"Hello dear brother! Come on, I want to introduce you to my boyfriend!" Without waiting for a reply, Ryoko dragged Reno along, flying away from Kyone and Mihoshi. They landed near a human boy, who seemed to be confused about how in the world he ended up in such a place. "Tenchi! Look, I brought my brother to meet you!"

"Reno!"

"Reno!"

"Reno!" Reno woke up to the sound of Elena yelling in his ear.

"Why did you wake me up? I was having a really weird dream and it was fun!" Reno yawned and stretched in his seat. It wouldn't be the first time he fell asleep on the job on a slow day. Rufus did not need to know.

"You shouldn't..." Rude quietly spoke.

Reno was taken by surprise. "I shouldn't? Why are you taking Elena's side?"

"You're frying a helicopter! Don't fall asleep in mid air!" Elena sounded upset about it, which in Reno's opinion was an exaggeration.

"Relax, it's on auto pilot, you're too stressed Elena, probably because you don't get enough sleep." Elena didn't look happy with Reno's answer. She wasn't in the mood today to appreciate the ironic humor, because his nap was giving her stress that he claimed she would solve with a nap of her own.

Rude remained quiet and did not comment any further on the situation. That was nothing new since he was usually very quiet. Auto pilot or not, Elena tried to keep Reno awake the rest of the way back to Midgar by talking, but that only made him drift off into slumber land faster, off to the land of strange but fun dreams.

Fantasy 06: Purse (Final Fantasy Tactics)

"Right... Now to go to the shop... I have a lot of gil..." Tseng did not understand why Reno needed to announce what he was doing in the game, maybe he just liked talking, but at least he didn't say it too loudly... "Ok... weapons... armor... items... best fit for all of them and... What?" The red head stared at the huge negative number displayed on the screen. That couldn't be right; he had a lot of gil from that last battle! "Again... Quit... Now best fit... huh?" Suddenly his quiet murmurs turning into yelling "what is that, some kind of magical knight purse?!" and Tseng had to intervene.

"What's the problem?" It wasn't that Reno had randomly yelled at his game, it was what he yelled that caught Tseng's attention.

"The shop has some overpriced weapon that's supposed to be more effective than a sword except it's a purse. I can't picture Agrias hitting enemies with a purse. She's more of a sword type of girl, you know? Ovelia or Alma maybe, but Agrias? And why is a purse stronger than a sword?!" Reno wasn't sure what to think about the creators of his favorite game series anymore. He had played each and every one of those games except the seventh. It was released during the Sephiroth incident, and as soon as Rufus became president he gave the Turks so much work Reno didn't have time to play video games. After that the game eluded him; he couldn't find it anywhere, not even online. It was as if, it never existed, but it would be odd if they just skipped from the sixth to the eight so he would always wonder if there was a seventh game somewhere.

"Maybe there's something really heavy inside the purse?" For the sake of keeping Reno quiet, Tseng tried to come with an explanation.

"I don't have that kind of gil anyway, so the girl knights will have to use swords like all the other knights..." Great, now Reno couldn't use the automatic best fit option, he didn't like having to remove things for lack of gil, or because the idea was plainly ridiculous. Honestly, a purse being more effective than sword, unless there really was something heavy in it, but would that make such a big difference? "How do you know?"

"Know what?" Tseng didn't like Reno's tone, this would be one of those questions he would prefer the redhead didn't ask, the leader could feel it coming.

"About putting something heavy in the purse, have you even been hit with a heavy purse? Was it Elena?" The little location lights on the screen continued to blink on the map of Ivalice as Reno ignored his game in favor of annoying Tseng.

"No, I did not get hit with a purse." Tseng made it clear that the conversation should end.

But Reno either didn't catch the hint or choose to ignore it. "Did you hit anyone with a purse then? Do you have a purse? You never mentioned anything like that."

Without accepting nor denying, Tseng left. He really didn't have a purse, but he didn't want to continue the conversation. He had to find some kind of mission to give Reno and keep him occupied outside the office since Rufus wouldn't let them go home early even if they weren't doing anything. At least it was better than it was before Reno had decided to bring his videogames to the Turks office and instead had to occupy himself throwing paper balls and airplanes. Reno and boredom don't mix.

Fantasy 07: Show and Tell (Powerpuff Girls)

"Reno, did you do your show and tell homework or did you copy it from someone else?" The teacher asked the little redhead boy who stood in front of the class with a paper in one hand and goggles in the other.

"Of course I did my homework!" He should have been more careful when copying from Rude. He forgot to change 'sunglasses' to 'goggles' and now his show and tell had a show that didn't match the tell.

"I don't think you wrote this yourself." It wouldn't be the first time Reno asked his best friend to help him with his homework, meaning to let him copy or write it for him, and it wouldn't be the first time Rude agreed.

"I did too Miss Keane!" Reno insisted, when caught in a lie, deny.

Little Rude shook his head quietly from his seat. He thought Reno would have enough sense to actually change certain things when copying his papers, but apparently he didn't.

Fantasy 08: Talking Flowers (Boktai: The Sun is in Your Hand)

Reno poked the strange creature. At the age of four he thought he knew what could talk and move and what couldn't. People talked and moved, animals moved and made noises but didn't talk; plants were rooted to the ground unmoving and silent. At least that's what he thought until a sunflower started talking to him.

Maybe that's why his mother told him not to run off too far when he went to play outside, there were strange things out there. Of course that only made him more curious, and he poked the sunflower again.

"Stop that!" The sunflower pushed the boy's hand away with one of its leaves. "Kids these days have no respect... I am Master Otenko!"

The introduction was followed by the sound of a childish laugh.

Otenko, the sunflower, pouted. He had tried to sound strong, and he was quite powerful, but that was hard to believe since he was a sunflower. He decided to overlook the boy's reaction and continued. "Tell me child, are you the long lost son of Ringo the vampire hunter?"

"Uncle is a vampire hunter?" Reno asked poking the sunflower again.

"I told you to stop that!" Reno didn't know that sunflowers could yell that hard. "What is your name?"

"Reno and you're really loud for a flower!" Another poke followed.

"I'm going to bite your finger if you don't stop poking me. Of course you're not Django, what was I thinking? Django must be a well behaved boy. None the less, you are Ringo's nephew and the runner up to be chosen as the solar boy should his son fail to accomplish his duties. Your energy is a bit different, more like electricity than solar energy, but you do have some solar energy in you, if you could learn to control that light..."

"Flowers are confusing..." this time Reno poked Otenko with a stick just in case.

"Stop it!" Otenko gave up, the child wasn't listening. "I must go find Django." The sunflower started to fly away.

"Tell him to come play with me soon!" It had been a while since Reno saw his cousin. He heard the adults saying that something happened in Django's home town, but he wasn't sure what that was about. He knew no one would believe he saw a talking flower so he decided not to bother telling anyone, except his cousin when ever he saw him again.

The sunflower spoke its final words and disappeared in the distance. It could fly pretty fast for a flower. Perhaps Reno would forget all about the talking sunflower as he grew up, or maybe classify the memory as a dream or his imagination. But even if he wasn't certain who said it, he remembered that someone once told him "may the Sun be with you!"

Fantasy 09: Boys with Goggles (Digimon)

"So then we were thrown in this place called the Digiworld and had all sorts of adventures!" Little Reno finished telling his story, saving what was, according to him, the most important detail for last. "I was the leader of the group and had the strongest Digimon and the one who always evolved first. It was some kind of dinosaur. He said that kids with goggles always get to be the leader and always have dinosaur Digimon."

The summer camp supervisor shook his head. "Reno, I told you not to run off. What if you got lost in the woods, fell into the river or were attacked by a wild animal? Plus you shouldn't lie."

"But it's true!" Little Reno pouted. How many times has it been so far when something amazing yet true happened and no one believed him?

Fantasy 10: Lavender (Dragon Ball Z, Digimon)

Today the daughter of Bulma's cousin had been given the task to baby-sit Trunks. Bulma had warned Trunks not to fly around, which was something he learned to do at a very young age. She insisted that he had to keep his saiyan powers a secret and got Trunks to promise he wouldn't get into trouble.

The lavender haired saiyan prince had been occupied with a video game for a while, until he noticed that it had been a while since his lavender haired babysitter had said anything. He went to look for her but did not find her inside the house, so he went to search in the yard.

"I hope Trunks is okay and didn't notice I was gone," in a flash of light, Yolei jumped out of a rift in time and space, emerging from an alternate digital dimension, unknowingly followed by a red haired boy. Trunks curiously rushed over, forgetting about hiding his powers and Yolei saw him flying. "You can fly?" With all the things she saw in the digital world, nothing seemed to surprise her anymore, but this was still unusual.

Trunks realized that he had been caught using his saiyan abilities and quickly landed. "It's less weird than whatever you did."

"This isn't Midgar..." Little Reno made his presence known.

"Reno? You were supposed to go the other way!" Yolei stressed, though neither boy was listening to her as they started to talk about video games and soon run off to play. "Oh well, it'll be okay as long as I get Reno back home and return before aunt Bulma comes back..."

End of Universe I

Disclaimer, I don't own Final Fantasy VII, Jigoku Shoujo, Naruto or Dragon Ball Z, Final Fantasy Tactics Advance, Chrono Trigger, Lufia II: Rise of the Sinistrals, Mortal Kombat, Tenchi Universe, Atomic Betty, Final Fantasy Tactics, Powerpuff Girls, Boktai: The Sun is in Your Hand or Digimon.

In Fantasy 03 the setting is the white place that appears on Advent Children. It looks similar to the white place at Kami's Lookout on Dragon Ball Z. The power the boy feels are the Saiyans training and the portal is the door that leads to the Lookout. The Saiyans could be Vegeta and Trunks or Goku and Gohan training during the Android Saga. The woman who adopted the children is obviously Aerith, their adoptive father is Zack. The boy with red hair and raccoon eyes is Gaara. In Chapter 111 he talks to the sand and calls it mother. As you know Sephiroth, Kadaj, Yazoo and Loz think of Jenova as their mother. In Advent Children there's a part where Kadaj calls Aerith mother. So I made this strange little crossover in which Gaara dies, looses his memories and only remembers wanting to be loved, based on Chapter 97.

Fantasy 04 is based on the Crystal Wars RPG, Bibo belongs to Cherri and Rae belongs to Snow. In Fantasy 08, the solar energy Otenko senses is what later becomes to Reno's Neo Turk Light. About Fantasy 09, I only watched Digimon up to series 02. I didn't like it when they changed the characters and didn't feel like starting over with a new continuity. That aside, have you noticed the pattern of boys with goggles and dinosaur looking Digimons as the main characters? Tai, Davis, and I think the one from the next series followed the pattern as well.
Sign up to rate and review this story