Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > Chicago, the fang-like thorn in my side

Chicago, the fang-like thorn in my side

by Xnataliex 6 reviews

Chicago, the city infused in a vampire war. An unsuspecting London girl is dragged into it all. Stars fellow Ficwadians.

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama,Romance - Published: 2009-06-07 - Updated: 2010-01-03 - 744 words

0Unrated
Natalie's P.O.V



I yawned dramatically as we stepped out of the airport; my lovely dad shot me a glare. So this was Chicago? What a shi- "Natalie" called my dad, I followed him silently in to the taxi. Glaring at the back of his balding head I listened to him go on excitedly about us newbie’s. "Just flew in from London you know, love it here already".
I rolled my eyes and casted my view out the window. Two boys were running; one tall with dark hair seemed to be running from a shorter boy who also had dark hair. We finally got to the house I leapt out of the smoke smelling cab and looked at what was to be my new home; my dad sighed happily, I scowled and the driver muttered on about his fair. The movers were already here, I decided to find my room; white walls wooden flooring, but was also filled with light which made it look pretty though. I walked over to the window and had a peep into the neighbours garden there was a girl with brown hair lying in the grass she appeared to be listening to music. I sighed and moved down stairs to help out.
~Next morning~
My heart was thumping I had woke with a start; I had the strangest dream that seemed to involve the tall dark haired boy I had saw yesterday, I tried to remember as I jumped out of bed but it had slipped away. I heard a distant door bell down stairs.
"Hey Dad? Are you going to get that?” No answer, I grumbled as I walked downstairs and opened the door. It was the girl I had seen lying in the garden yesterday along with brown hair I could see she had brown eyes and was dressed in a hoodie and skinnies she also had iPod earphones around her neck.
"Can I help you"? I asked as brightly as I could.
"Well, um my mom-my mom has this welcoming ritual with new neighbours" She said, a touch of nerves in her voice, gesturing to the amazing cake she was holding.
"Well tell your mum I said thanks, I’m Natalie by the way" I said, smiling. "I'm Lindsey" she replied offering a shy smile in return.
"Well, goodbye Natalie" she said and I waved as she retreated back to her house. She was a shy one that much was obvious. It occurred to me that chocolate cake would be the perfect breakfast and I sunk into a box free chair whilst munching on cake and turning on the T.V.
"Statistics say that the amount of missing teenagers in Chicago is on the rise, latest of which is Harper Green, 18 who was last seen at the popular Chicago club, W.B." said the newsreader. The screen was filled with a happy picture of a pale blond haired girl, with highlights. I just had time to make out that her left eye was more green than blue unlike her right before the newsreader started again. "It is also the anniversary of the disappearance of Peter Wentz, who was also last seen at the club, it seems the club has been connected to other disappearances and the owner has refused to comment". As the screen went on to the hotline number it occurred to me how foolish of my dad to drag me here muttering about dangerous gangs when kids were vanishing all over the place! I turned off the T.V and the dreaded thoughts of school the next day popped into my mind...

I suppose that I was too busy checking that my skirt wasn’t tucked into my knickers to see where I was going...
"Lindsey! God, I’m so sorry" I exclaimed diving to help her pick up her books.
"Ugh, my fault, I’m such a klutz" she replied. I shook my head in disagreement. "So, where you off to anyways? School? Which one do you go to? I asked, full of hope. "Oh uh Bluside" she replied. I sighed with relief. "Me too, mind if I tag along?" I asked. "Yeah sure...” she replied. I looked up to the window that she was gazing at; I just got a glimpse of a girl in a hat with red glasses before the curtains shut. "You know her?" I asked, curious. "No" she said flatly and we walked to school.

Finished
Sign up to rate and review this story