Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > Lasting Impressions

So Predictable

by killxsmile 9 reviews

Oh, dearie me.

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: R - Genres: Drama,Romance - Published: 2009-06-08 - Updated: 2009-06-08 - 1073 words - Complete

2Ambiance
Author's Note: I'm leaving for graduation in about an hour, and that's just enough time to post an update.

THANK YOUS
tryingtohard_x: Haha, nice. We could get into concerts together ^___^

somethingorother: Alex will get what's coming to him. Don't worry. Mystique's power is pretty cool. I'd go around looking like Rob Pattinson just to give teenies a heart attack ;)

Daisssssybloom: The power to learn anything you see... You could become a 1-girl Fall Out Boy. CRAZY.

F-A-S-D: Yep. Drama is my favorite. Ah, moving things with your mind. That would be neat. I'd do stuff to piss off teachers, like making their books fly across the room. Being able to take a cute guy's clothes off from across a room would be pretty sweet, too. Inspiration for this story comes from a lot of places: iTunes, other stories I've read, actual conversations, movies I've watched, and the list goes on.

ash360: A flying,invisible shapeshifter, eh? I'd definitely have to watch out for you. If I had to spend 24 hours with someone living or dead, I'd choose Betsey Johnson. She's ridiculously rad.

doyleangel: I agree. Flying would be pretty awesome.

everyone who reviewed: You're all totally amazing. Fo'real.

sstoryy.

So predictable.

“I can’t find my bra,” a voice from the bathroom said. Alex’s eyes went wide as a petite brunette emerged from the corner of the room. Tight shirt, barely there shorts, no bra, drop dead gorgeous. She was the prototype groupie.

A lump rose up in my throat. I couldn’t talk. I couldn’t think. I couldn’t breathe.

The unknown girl noticed us, and took it as her cue to exit. Without a word, she grabbed her purse and quickly made her way out the door.

For a few seconds, the five of use just stood there, unable to comprehend what had just happened.

“Tell me that wasn’t what I thought it was,” Jack said.
“I can explain--”
“Go ahead. I’m sure you have a good reason for having a groupie run out of here without a bra.”

Alex stood there in silence, unsure of what to say.

This has to be a joke. A sick, twisted joke. He wouldn’t cheat on me. He couldn’t have…

“Speak up, Alex. I’m not hearing anything,” Jack lividly asked.

As tensions flared, I watched the closet door, looking for any indication that Ashton Kutcher was inside, waiting to pop out and say that I’ve been Punk’d. But all my hopes were for nothing. Once my eyes met Alex’s, I knew what had happened.

Jack rushed at Alex and threw him against the wall.

“I TRUSTED YOU NOT TO FUCK WITH MY SISTER’S HEART! THEN YOU GO AND PULL SHIT LIKE THIS?!” he screamed, grabbing Alex by the collar.

“Jack!” I called out.

He ignored my plea, and punched Alex in the jaw. The impact sent Alex’s head against the wall with a loud thud. Then the sandy blonde fell to his knees as Jack’s fist made contact with his stomach.

Rian and Zack rushed over to separate the two, but it was an uphill battle. Every time they tried to pull them apart, Jack would find a way to grab Alex and get a few more punches in.

“Jack, stop!”

As much as I hated Alex, I couldn‘t help but feel protective of him. He wasn’t even trying to fight back. He was just curled up on the ground while my brother continued throwing punches.

“Please, just stop…” I weakly said as tears blurred my vision.

Jack’s eyes met mine. With a deep breath, he let go of Alex.

“Fucking bastard,” he muttered under his breath before disappearing into the adjacent room and slamming the door behind him.

Alex looked up at me with an unreadable expression. His lip was split open and his eye was already beginning to swell. He broke my heart, but looked completely broken.

I’m not going to cry. I’m not going to fucking cry…

Unable to meet his gaze any longer, I shifted my attention to the door and wordlessly headed toward my brother’s direction.

When I walked into the room, Jack was sitting on the bed, knees propped up under his chin, looking out the window.

“I’m going to kill that asshole,” he said, turning his attention toward me.

I let out a sigh as tears fell down my cheeks. His arm wrapped around my shoulder as I continued to cry.

“How could he do this to me?” I quietly asked. “I thought he--God, I’m an idiot.”

At this point, I was thinking in pictures rather than words. Images flashed through my mind like frames on a film reel.

Alex’s nervous expression while playing a Beatles cover for me.
Alex’s drunken smirk at last night’s party.
Alex’s smile after our first kiss.
Alex’s guilty eyes when he realized he’d been caught.
Alex’s cheesy grin after we’d bought milanos.
Alex’s face after Jack had beaten the crap out of him.

The good and the bad were spliced together, creating a fucked up silent movie of sorts. A tragedy that was disguised as a romance. And every time I closed my eyes, I was taking a front row seat.

“How long would it take for me to book a flight to Maryland?” I asked.
“Not very long,” Jack responded.
“Good,” I said, sniffling.

As I sat there, thinking about what had just occurred, audio was suddenly added to the movie playing inside my head.

Sad excuses and false hopes high. I saw this coming, still I don’t know why I let you in… I knew it all along. You’re so predictable. I knew something would go wrong…

+++++
Since it's my graduation today, I should be getting the gifts and kind words, but I've decided to spread the love rather than hoarding it all for myself.

And even though it's sad, I hope you enjoyed this chapter.
Please Rate/Review.

Q&A #5: If you had the option, would you want to live forever? If yes, what age would you want to stay?

Being a pessimist, I wouldn't want to stick around for an eternity, but if I could stay one age forever I'd want to stop at 21.

As usual, feel free to ask me your own questions.
;)
Sign up to rate and review this story