Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > Lasting Impressions

Devil's Advocate

by killxsmile 9 reviews

An afternoon of zombie-killing could change anyone's mind.

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: R - Genres: Drama,Humor,Romance - Published: 2009-06-14 - Updated: 2009-06-15 - 2102 words - Complete

5Ambiance
Author's Note: Straight to the

THANK YOUS
Tissamy: You'll see what does (or doesn't) happen in Maryland in this chapter.

somethingorother: Yep. That's exactly why I didn't have Alex fight back. Guilt made him feel like he deserved it.

Hmm. There are a lot of things I like about living in Chicago, but it's popularity among bands is definitely somewhere at the top of the list. Whenever a band goes on tour, they can't not stop here. Fall Out Boy's hometown shows are, hands down, the best concerts I've been to.

tonytay113: To tell you the truth, I'm not even sure how Alex is going to fix this. And yes. I do own Clandestine clothing. I have the blue Hemmy shirt, the "Give Love, Then Take It Away" hoodie, the limited edition "I'm As Happy as a Clam" t-shirt, clandestine x dkny black skinny jeans, and the batmobile necklace. It's ridiculous how much money I've spent on Pete Wentz. ;/

ash360: I know it was a sucky thing for Alex to do, but every good story has it's chare of drama.

I can't remember any notably good or cheesy pick up lines that a guys has used on me, but my friend came up with a hilarious one: Did you just fart? Because you just blew me away!

doyleangel: He's an idiot, but he's still in love with her. Same goes for Chloe. I don't know how I'm going to write them out of this mess, but I swear it'll be good.

tryingtohard_x: "But only if i had a someone to live forever with me." Aww. I found that ridiculously cute. Thanks for making my day.

Only one more concert? Shizz, that's a toughie. I know it's an insanely long list, but bands playing would go as follows: Owl City, Oh, Hush!, 3Oh!3, Say Anything, Starting Line (reunion!), FTSK, The Maine, FF5, Boys Like Girls, Kanye West, All Time Low, We The Kings, Cobra Starship & Fall Out Boy. Afterwards, I'd somehow meet all the bands, we'd become BFFs, go out to a club and dance the night away ;)

F-A-S-D: You'll see in this chapter that Jack isn't the only one helping her deal with Alex's douchebaggery.

Oh lord. I can't imagine myself getting married. Ever. (I have MAJOR commitment issues, and the thought of settling down scares the shit out of me.) But if I had to tie the know with a guy in a band, it would have to be Jack Barakat. He's adorable, funny as fuck, and since he's tall, I could wear really high heels and it wouldn't look awkward.

lyrical_lies: Oh shizz! I'm sorry about diverting your attention from studying. I hope you did well on that English Lit final.

Sweet! I'm glad that I made it onto your list of favorites.

to urrybody who reviewed: Thanks for all the graduation wishes! You're seriously too sweet ;)

STORY BELOWWW.

Devil’s advocate.

After setting my bags down, I lifted my hand and knocked on the door in front of me.

“Hey, Chloe,” Martin cheerily answered. But his expression quickly changed when he noticed that I’d been crying.

“Shit, what happened?” he asked, as concern spread over his facial features.

“I’m going home.”

All that ‘You’re Jasey Rae, I love you’ bullshit? God. I can’t believe I actually fell for it.

“Wait, what are you talking about?”

“Alex cheated on me with some groupie last night.”

His eyes went wide as my words sank in.

“Shit, I’m sorry, Chloe,” he said, wrapping me in a hug.

“It’s not your fault, Martin,” I said, sniffling. “Anyways, I just wanted to say goodbye to everyone before leaving.”

“Don’t let that fucktard make you go back to Maryland.”

“Alex isn’t making me leave. I’m doing it on my own. If I stay here, it’ll just fuck up the rest of the tour for everyone.”

“That’s where I think you’re wrong.”

“What do you mean?” I asked, confused by his comment.

“I hate to play devil’s advocate, but if you leave now, I think things will probably get a lot worse.”

“How could they get any worse, Martin? I’m a fucking mess and my brother hates his best friend.”

“That’s exactly my point. Without you here, there’s nothing stopping him from breaking Gaskarth’s neck.”

“I know…” I quietly said, as tears blurred my vision. “But how am I supposed stay? I can’t look at Alex without wanting to rip his head off, cry, or both.”

“You can stay on our bus--”

“Martin, no. I don’t wanna bring you guys into this mess,” I said, wiping my eyes on the sleeve of my hoodie.

What the hell? Since when did I start crying again?

As I dried my eyes, I didn’t know who I was angrier with:
A) myself for being so fucking weak, or
B) Alex for being a douche bag, moronic, fucktard, liar--

“What’s the worst that could happen? We have an extra bunk, and you’ll have the four of us to kick Gaskarth’s ass if he tries to pull anything.”

“But--”

“But nothing.”

“How do you know that the guys will be okay with this?”

“Chloe, you’re like family to us,” he said, placing his hands on my shoulders.

I bit my lip and sighed.

As much as I wanted to go back to my apartment in Maryland and eat a tub of Ben & Jerry’s, there was no denying that the past 2 months on tour had been the most fun I’d had in a long time. On the other hand, there was no denying that my staying would cause major awkwardness between Jack and Alex. Not to mention the awkwardness between Alex and I.

Still, Martin had a point. If I wasn’t there to play referee earlier, All Time Low would need a new lead singer.

“I don’t know…”

“Please at least think about it,” he pleaded. “Jack won’t be the only one losing a little sister if you leave.”

Looking up at him, I could see that he was telling the truth.

“Alright. I’ll think about it.”

“Thanks, Chloe,” he said, wrapping me in another hug.

“Here, lemme help you with your bags,” he said, pulling away.

“Actually, do you mind if I leave them here for a while?”

“Uh, no problem.”

He picked up my duffels and set them against the wall. Then I half-heartedly smiled and started walking once again.

“Wait, isn’t your room the other way?” he asked.

“Yeah, but I still have some anger issues I need to work out.”

“So where are we going?” he asked, following me.

“Arcade.”

“Okay…”

Although I assured him that he didn’t have to come with, Martin insisted that he accompany me to the hotel arcade.

“Seriously, you can go back to your room if you want. I can take care of myself,” I said, feeling guilty for dumping all my emotional baggage onto him.

“I know, but there are creeps who are roaming the halls, filling their buckets with ice. You never know which ones might try to kidnap you,” he said, lightening the mood. “Just ask Paul.”

“What are you talking about?”

“Last year, we were staying at the Radisson. We had beer, but it was warm, so we sent him to get some ice. There was this drunk chick who was also getting ice and she recognized him. Apparently she was mega plastered and actually tried to take him back to her room. When he tried to get away, she jumped onto his back and started yelling Boys Like Girls lyrics at the top of her lungs”

“Holy shit!” I said, laughing. “What did he do?”

“He tried to get her to let go, but it didn’t work. Luckily Bryan heard her and broke it up.”

“Wow.”

“So now do you understand why I feel obligated to follow you around?” he asked, setting my bags down.

“Yup. You need me to protect you from crazy, drunken fans.” He rolled his eyes and playfully punched my shoulder.

Arriving at the arcade, I surveyed the available games. Deal or No Deal, Skeeball, Bozo Buckets, a random Spongebob claw machine, Tower of Power, Tekken…

“So can you explain how playing video games helps you vent?” he asked following me to the token center. After exchanging $20 for tokens, I went over to the Time Crisis machine.

“Well, you see, there are a bunch of zombies trying to attack me. I just pretend that each one has Alex’s face, then I shoot the fuck out of them all. That way I have the satisfaction of murdering him numerous times without worrying about the cops.”

“That really helps?”

“Yep,” I replied, putting 2 tokens into the slot. “And it’s the reason I have the top 5 high scores at the LaserQuest back home. Wanna join me?”

“Sure,” he said, taking the other plastic gun out of its holster. “I have my share of things to be pissed off about.”

“Care to share?” I asked, putting 2 more tokens in the machine.

“My ex is hooking up with Trace Cyrus.”

“Trace Cyrus as in Metro Station? Didn’t you go on tour with them last summer?”

“Yeah. That’s actually how they met.”

“Whatever. The guy looks like an anorexic horse.”

He laughed and shot at an approaching zombie. “Thanks, Chloe.”

After another hundred dollars’ worth of tokens, I looked at my watch and saw that it was already 8PM, meaning that we’d spent almost 6 hours battling the undead. I guess time flies when you’re murdering monsters.

As if on cue, my stomach grumbled.

“Hungry?” Martin asked.

“Yeah.”

“There’s a restaurant across the street. Wanna go?”

“Sure.”

He wrapped a protective arm around me, then headed to Shakey’s Bar & Grill. We were quickly greeted and seated by a middle aged woman named Cookie.

“Here ya go,” she cheerfully said, setting menus onto the white tabletop. “I’ll be back in 2 shakes of a tail feather to get your orders.”

While we flipped through the laminated booklets, 3Oh!3 begain playing.

She wants to touch me, whoa. She wants to love me, whoa--

“It’s Paul,” he said, after digging his phone out of his pocket. “He’s probably wondering where I am.”

“Hello? Yeah… I’m with Chloe. We’re eating dinner… Yeah… Alright… Okay. Bye.”

“Sorry about that,” he said, putting his phone back in his pocket.

“It’s no problem.”

When Cookie came back, I ordered a slice of pepperoni pizza while Martin got a double cheeseburger. Although it was only 9:00 when we finished eating, I was exhausted. I guess finding out your boyfriend cheated on you, following it with an afternoon of zombie-killing, then topping it off with an unhealthy dinner can do that to a person. Yawning, I walked back to the hotel with Martin.

Upon reaching my room, I remembered that I didn’t have a key. With a sigh, I knocked on the door.

“Chloe? Martin?” Jack asked, opening the door. “Where have you guys been?”

“Time Crisis then dinner,” I explained. He was long aware of my anger management habits.

“Oh…So, wait. Does this mean you’re gonna stay?”

He stepped aside so we could get inside.

“Kind of. I’m thinking it over tonight… But if I do end up staying, it’ll be on the BLG bus.”

“Hey, as long as you’re not leaving,” he said, pulling me into a hug. “Thanks for talking some sense into her, man.”

“No problem,” Martin replied. “Well I need to get some beauty sleep before we hit the road again. Good night, Chloe. Night, Jack.”

“Good night.”

“Adios.”

+++++
I've been writing for 7 or so hours today.
The next chapter is ready and waiting to be posted.
But the only way that'll happen is if you RATE & REVIEW.

And trust me.
It's GOOD.

So click on the 'Review Story' link below and do yo thang.

Q&A #6: Would you rather be deaf or blind?

This is a toughie since deaf = no music, and blind = no reading/writing fanfics. As much as I loveloveLOVE music, I'd rather be deaf than blind. If I couldn't see, I wouldn't be able to eat, bathe, or even navigate my house by myself. Being the stubborn person I am, I wouldn't want to depend on other people to help me with that stuff.

PS. Check out my other ATL fic, Jamais Vu, if you haven't already.
Sign up to rate and review this story