Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > Jamais Vu

Hero/Heroine

by killxsmile 7 reviews

"It's not complicated. I was so jaded."

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Humor,Romance - Published: 2009-06-17 - Updated: 2009-06-17 - 1455 words

4Funny
Author's Note: Due to the quick feedback, I'm posting this quick update.

Thank Yous
tryingtohard_x: I'm glad you liked that line. It's one of my favorites, too ;)

ash360: You might just get your wish.

Tissamy: Aww, thank you.

somethingorother: Lmfao. I love the way you think.

F-A-S-D: You'll get a taste of both in this story.

kviciousbenji: Then I think you'll like this chapter ;)


STORYYY BELOWWW

“So on a scale from 1 to Lily Allen, how trashed was I last night?” MJ asked.

“Probably a little more than half a Lily,” I responded. “But you were smoking like a chimney, so you were a full Alfie. I mean, you flushed your keys and cell phone down the toilet.”

“Oh shit, don’t remind me. I still have to explain that to my parents…”

“Just say that they fell out your purse.”

“Yeah, I know, but in the meantime I’m stuck using the house phone to make calls. My life is overrr.”

“I’m pretty sure you can survive a few days without your cell, MJ.”

“Easier said than done, Andy.”

She let out a dramatic sigh then moved onto another topic.

“So I almost forgot to ask, what’s going on with you and Gaskarth? When I left this morning, he was getting pretty cuddly with you.”

“Iono,” I replied, absentmindedly flipping though TV channels. “I think we’re getting back together.”

“God, you two…” she trailed off and I could imagine her shaking her head.

“What?” I asked, stopping on a rerun of One Tree Hill.

“Isn’t this like, the twentieth time you’re getting back together?”

“Sixth, but nobody’s counting,” I quickly replied.

“Aren’t you tired of the whole, make up-break up routine yet?”

“He misses me, I miss him--”

“More like you both miss the sex,” she replied, matter-of-factly.

I laughed at her bluntness, but it was true.

“Well can you blame me? Alex is amazing in bed.”

“No sex is that amazing.”

“Oh, believe me, it is. The things he can do with his--”

“Okay, fine. Maybe it is, but don’t you want a relationship that consists of more than a good fuck?”

“Why would I want to complicate things with all that touchy-feely bullshit?”

“Oh, I don’t know. Maybe because it’s nice to have a guy hold your hand, and give you flowers, and remember your birthday--”

“Thanks, but no thanks,” I said, cutting her off. “What do you have against Alex, anyways?”

“I don’t have anything against him, it’s just that I think you deserve a guy who sees you as more than a piece of ass.”

“You need to lay off the Disney movies and NeverShoutNever.”

“Sooner or later you’ll realize that love isn’t fictional.”

“Please. Love is just a chemical creation. I love booze. You love weed. That’s the end of it.”

“Okay, since you’re putting it in terms of Boys Like Girls, ‘It never felt so good to be so wrong. Had my heart all locked down, then you turned me around. I’m feeling like a newborn child every time I get a chance to see you smile. It’s not complicated. I was so jaded,’ she sang. “Someday, a guy will be a hero to your heroine and I’ll be right there saying I told you so.”

“Why can’t you just face the fact that I don’t believe in fairytales?” I said, sighing.

“Because I refuse to believe that an 18-year old could be this cynical.”

I rolled my eyes as a sigh escaped from my chapped lips.

“Whatever, if you grew up in my house, you’d understand why I don’t fall for that idealistic bull.”

“For the last time, it’s not bull--”

“Yeah, yeah. We can discuss this later, but I need to get over to Zack’s for band practice.”

“Alright, but just one more thing.”

“Okay,” I sighed. “What is it?”

“I FEEL LIKE A HERO AND YOU’RE MY HEROINE! DO YOU KNOW THAT YOU’RE LOVE IS THE SWEETEST SIN!”

“Are you done now?” I chuckled, thankful that she had thrown in some comic relief to lighten the mood.

“Yeah, I am. Have fun at practice.”

“I will. Bye, Mary Jane.”

“Bye, Andrea.”

Tossing my phone into my purse, I couldn’t help but sigh. That was probably the millionth time that MJ had tried to lure me into her romanticized perspective of the world. And as much as I care about the girl, I can’t believe a word she says when it comes to relationships.

After all, she’s only had one boyfriend in her life--Kenny Flores--and she’s been with him since fourth grade. You’d think that an eight-year relationship would entitle her some credit, but in my eyes, when it came down to it, she only had experience with one boy, whereas I’ve had quite a few boyfriends.

But before you ask, no, I am not a slut. (Alex is actually the only guy I’ve slept with.)
I’m just really fickle when it comes to boys.

With regards to what I’d said earlier--the stuff about growing up in my house--I guess I have my parents to thank for my inability to take “love” seriously.

They divorced when I was ten years old, and after that the whole concept of caring about another person unconditionally seemed unreal to me. I mean, if my parents couldn’t make it work, how could I? How could any one else, for that matter?

So instead of daydreaming about a big wedding with a triple-layered cake, lots of flowers, and the perfect groom waiting for me at the altar, I thought about how fun it would be to travel the world or even roadtrip across the country.

But enough about that. I have a band practice to get to.

I grabbed my purse. walked down the stairs, slipped my green Chucks onto my feet, and headed out the door. Since it was nice out, I rolled the windows down, blasted the Pink Spiders through the car speakers, and decided to take the scenic route to Zack’s house.

Twenty minutes later, I found myself parked in front of the Merrick residence. I lazily slipped out the front seat and walked into the garage. By the looks of it, practice hadn’t started yet.

Upon noticing me, Rian and Zack smiled and waved. Wondering what they were looking at, Alex turned his head in my direction and flashed his trademark smirk.

“Glad you decided to stop by,” he said, getting up from his seat and wrapping me in a hug. In true Gaskarth fashion, it only took a few seconds for him to snake his hands from around my waist into the back pockets of my jeans.

“So does this mean what I think it means?” he asked, eyebrows raised.

“If it didn’t, you’d be writhing in pain on the floor because I would have kicked you in the balls,” I cheekily replied.

“Touché,” he said, before taking his seat on a lawn chair. Once settled, he patted his lap and gestured for me to sit with him. As I walked over, he moved his legs apart so I could sit against his chest.

“So I take it that you two are back together again,” Rian commented as I rested my head against Alex’s chest.

“Yeah,” he responded, lacing his fingers with mine.

“So long as Alex keeps me entertained,” I said.

“Oh, you know I will,” he whispered before kissing my cheek.

“God, where the hell is Jack?” Zack moaned from the other side of the garage.

“Don’t get your panties in a bunch,” Alex said, resting our hands on top of his thighs. “He just got off work. He’ll be here soon.”

Minutes passed, then a beat up Toyota parked behind my car. Jack quickly sprang out of the driver’s side and jogged over to us.

“Sorry I’m late. Boss was being a dick today.”

“No problem. Let’s just get this show on the road,” Rian said, taking his drumsticks out.

I scooted over, allowing Alex to get up. He quickly slipped his guitar over his head, and waited for everyone to get set up.

“So I’d like to dedicate this practice to a very special girl,” he said, smiling. “She can be a bitch sometimes, but I’m an asshole, so it works.”

I laughed. He sang.
And all was well in the world.

+++++
I hate to be a Debbie Downer, but this story has quite a few reviews, but no ratings ;(
Fix it?
Sign up to rate and review this story