Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > Crawling Towards the Sun

Bottle It Up

by adalae 3 reviews

William gets an unexpected visitor from the past....

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: R - Genres: Drama,Romance,Sci-fi - Published: 2009-07-16 - Updated: 2009-07-17 - 1696 words - Complete

0Unrated
AUTHOR’S NOTE: there is a cameo of one of my friends, a fellow writer named Harper =] she’s the inspiration and most of the motivation for getting these chapters up.

~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!

Juliette woke up hours later and found herself in William’s bed. Alone. She had also noticed that she was now wearing a black nightdress instead of her clothes from earlier. Sitting up her head pounded in pain. She closed her eyes for a moment and let everything sink in and then reopened them. Everything was sharper, clearer, and more vibrant. She stood up and walked to the mirror and took note of the changes she could see now. She could see every single strand of her hair, not just it as a whole. She could see the exact color of her eyes and every little line of red from the pupil to the corners. Her skin looked different, almost glowing, as did her lips. Casting the whole ‘dead’ and ‘vampire’ part away, she loved the changes. She strode back to the bed to find a box was on the corner and picked it up. ‘For you. For dinner tonight. – William’ was written in his familiar elegant handwriting. Placing the card to the side she opened the box to reveal a beautiful satin maroon dress. Juliette sat on the bed and held the dress in her hands and rand her fingertips across the fabric, “Does this mean I’m giving up?” she asked herself. Juliette pondered for a while on whether or not staying in the house and accepting William’s gifts were giving up. There was no cure for vampirism, not that she had researched the topic much, but if there had been one sure she would have. She felt guilty and a little sick for embracing her new life style but what other choice did she have other than to die (again)?

Juliette changed into the dress and admired the way it looked on her new self. The satin fabric clung to her skin in all of the right ways. The straps of the dress fell to the side of her shoulders elegantly and her hair lay softly brushing the top of her dress. She smiled at her reflection and was hit with a sudden surge of fear, what if Brendon was at dinner? Surely William wouldn’t set her in that kind of situation, would he? Before she could consider any of the possibilities she heard a knock at the door, “Can I come in?” the voice asked, slowly opening the door.

“Sure,” Juliette called out taking a deep breath out of habit.

“Looks good on you,” William said taking a couple of steps into the room, closing the door behind him.

Juliette turned to face him, placing her hands on her hips, “What?” she asked, “Vampirism or the dress?”

William made a face and pursed his lips, “The dress,” he said slowly.

“Sorry,” Juliette muttered, not wanting to upset William. It wasn’t his fault she was the way she was, “It’s just…a lot to take in.”

William shrugged it off, “It’s understandable. Just try to behave at dinner.” William held out his arm to her, “Which is why I am here. To escort you down to the table.”

Juliette smiled and linked her arm with his and they left the room. Walking down the hallway the others looked but didn’t say a word. Juliette kept her head down as they made their way down the stairs and over to the table where he helped to her seat, which was Brendon’s old one. Everyone else sat down and moments later chatter began. They included Juliette, asking how she was and everything random. Now that she was one of them, they were interested in her hobbies, ideas, and general personality. And Juliette answered all of the questions as politely and fully as she could when everyone suddenly stopped talking.

~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!

Brendon cursed loudly as he threw bags of blood at the newborn vampires in the guest house behind the main house. “That bitch should be in here,” he muttered as he walked down the hall. Each room had a newborn in it, there must have been fifty. All of them were locked up in what reminded him of jail cells. When Juliette was not in the rooms Brendon was informed that William was taking personal care of her. “I’m sure he is,” was his response. Angrily, Brendon kicked the now empty blood cart, sending it flying across the room. The loud sound sent the newborns into a frenzy and Brendon cursed loudly once more. “How can he just do this to me!” Brendon yelled walking quickly back to the other end of the hallway. He had been kicked out of the main house and sentenced to live in the new born house to watch over them. It was the job of a lower ranking vampire. This was the worst punishment Brendon could ever think of, William knew that. Brendon sat down at his little table and stabbed his fork into the food that had been brought to him, “Fucking bullshit. That’s what this is..”

~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!

“Why hello William,” a voice said breaking the silence. A girl stood before them, no older than eighteen or nineteen in appearance. “Long time no talk, huh?” she said with a grin on her face.

“Harper,” William said moving to the front of his chair, “What brings you my way? It’s been a long time.”

The girl, Harper, grinned once more and shrugged, “Just thought I’d stop by to see what’s shakin’. You gonna invite me to sit down or what?”

William snapped his fingers and another chair and plate were brought to sit on the opposite side of him. The girl sauntered over and slid into the chair, pushing her long caramel colored hair behind her ears she looked over at Juliette. “And you are?”

“This is Juliette,” William said quickly before Juliette could even speak. “Juliette,” he said looking over at her, “This is Harper.”

Juliette smiled but William turned his attention back to Harper, “It’s nice to see you Harper,” he began, “But I can’t help thinking there’s an ulterior motive for your being here… I mean.. The way you left before it was just…”

“I’ve been living in the real world a lot,” Harper said with a sarcastic tone, “something you wouldn’t know anything about. But it’s caused me to revisit certain aspects of my past. You were on the list.”

“Ah,” was all he could say. As Juliette and another vampire, one named Lidia, were having an in depth conversation about Lidia’s interests Harper and William seemed like they were in a world of their own. As dinner ended Juliette and Lidia went to the drawing room to continue their conversation after she noticed Harper and William walking together to the library.

~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~

“So,” William said crossing his arms, “Why are you really here Harper?”

“What?” she asked plucking a book from the shelf. She examined it for a moment and slipped it back into it’s home. “Can’t I come visit every century or so?”

“Harper,” he said quickly.

“Oh don’t ‘Harper’ me William,” Harper retaliated fast, “Look at you. You still dress like you did the day we met. It isn’t the seventeen-hundreds anymore William! Come on, this century has got great style.”

“So I can see,” William said gesturing to Harper’s outfit. She wore a blue V-neck tee shirt and skinny jeans with sneakers. “You know you would have been killed if they had seen you like this,” he joked, “and what’s that?” he asked pointing to his nose.

“It’s called a septum piercing,” Harper said with a grin, “it’s all the rage. I think it looks pretty snazzy.” She laughed a little and took a few steps forward, “Why are you wasting your time here William? There is so much more to the world than living in a coven. Come on! You have to wanna get out.” William said nothing and in return. Harper took a few steps forward, “You know you could have come with me,” she said slowly and put a hand on his shoulder.

“You could have stayed,” he said in retaliation.

“Maybe I will,” Harper said with a grin, “Of course, if your offer still stands.”

William shook his head, “I’d like that,” he said slowly, “Unless of course you plan on taking all of the food and leaving. Again.”

Harper laughed, “A girl’s gotta eat William!” William laughed in response. Harper cocked her head to the side, “You gotta miss me, right? I mean. We had some pretty crazy times.”

“Crazy doesn’t even describe it,” William said remembering everything they had done when they were together. It was never a dull moment.

“Makes you wanna give it another shot. Doesn’t it?” Harper said. William grimaced as he remembered the day she left. “Well if that doesn’t” she said cautiously, as if debating. She pushed herself up on her toes to meet William and kissed him. She broke the kiss and smiled, “I think that will work.”


~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~

Juliette felt her throat close up. She was peering through the door to the library since around the time of ‘Oh don’t Harper me’. She had been on her way to one of the studies to grab some stuff when she overheard them. She was curious. Now she wished she hadn’t. It wasn’t as if she had a claim on William but he had been pretty clear from day one. Whoever this Harper was, Juliette was obviously no competition. The two of them had history. Three hundred years worth.

Upset Juliette calmed herself and walked down the stairs and exited through the back. Lidia had caught up with her and asked where she was going and Juliette simply responded with “I have the urge to run a little bit. It must be all the new energy” and Lidia smiled and left. Juliette ran, alright. She ran far away.
Sign up to rate and review this story