Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > Lasting Impressions

Give Up

by killxsmile 5 reviews

Insomnia leads to late night/early morning revelations.

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama - Published: 2009-07-20 - Updated: 2009-07-21 - 989 words - Complete

2Original
Author's Note: Still alive. Still updating.
;)

THANK YOUS
#
xStabxMyxBackx: Lol. It looks like you're on Team Undecided.

somethingorother: Yep. Jack should probably keep his mouth shut. Then again, we'd miss out on the hilarity that would ensue. +1 for Team Alex.

tryingtohard_x: Another +1 for Team Alex. Glad you enjoyed the bit about Japanese porn ;)

ash360: +1 Team Undecided. I almost wrote that Chloe was going to leave, but since the story is in her perspective, you would have missed out on all the drama on tour. And, of course, Paul.

F-A-S-D +1 Team Alex. No, I'm not part of the Hustler Club, but lately I've been thinking about joining. On another note, I used to be an Overcast Kid, though (Fall Out Boy fanclub).

lyrical_lies: Aww, thank you!

doyleangel: +1 Team Alex. He does love her, but he has no idea how he's supposed to fix things. And it's not helping that everyone is stopping him from talking to her.

tonytay113: Something throws you off about Paul? Hmm. Maybe this chapter will fix that?

STORY BELOWWW.

I woke up to the feeling of something warm and rough against the back of my neck.

“Paul, you need to shave,” I said as he continued nuzzling against my neck.

“Oh, sorry,” he said, pulling away.

Chuckling, I turned around so I was facing him.

“How long was I out?”

He lazily lifted his arm from my waist and checked his watch.

“It’s 2:49, right now, so that was about 5 hours.”

“Alright,” I said, running my hands through my hair. “How long until we get to the next stop?”

“Tomorrow at nine we’ll get to the venue, but we’ll be stopping for gas sometime before then.”

“FOOD’S READY! COME AND GET IT!” Martin yelled from the front of the bus.

“Hungry?” Paul asked.

“Mhmm,” I replied, nodding.

I swung my feet over the side of the bunk and made my way to the kitchen area with the tall guitarist trailing behind me.

“It’s about time you two got up,” John greeted as we took seats. He then passed each of us burgers, fresh from the George Foreman grill.

“Thanks,” I said before digging in.

“Did we miss out on anything while we were asleep?” Paul asked, grabbing a bottle of ketchup.

“Not really,” Bryan said. “But John did freak out when he lost his sunglasses. Again.”

I couldn’t help but chuckle. In the 2 months that I had known him, the boy had lost his aviators at least 10 times.

“Where were they this time?” I asked.

“On top of the microwave,” he replied, laughing.

“Oh, I almost forgot. We stopped at Best Buy while you were asleep and got you a little something,” Bryan said, getting up from the couch. After disappearing into the front of the bus, he reappeared with a plastic bag. Curious, I opened it and found the box of a new Blackberry.

“Guys—”

“Before you say anything, it’s too late to return it,” Bryan said.

“We threw out the receipt,” Martin added.

“And it’s already activated,” John said.

“But how—”

“Added a line to my family plan. It’s not costing me anything, so don’t worry your pretty little head,” Martin said.

“I—Thanks,” I said, wrapping the three boys in a hug.

“Don’t thank us, thank Poolie. He came up with it.”

I turned to Paul and pulled him into a hug, too.

“Thank you.”

“No problem, Chloe.”

When the pimp’s in the club, ma drop it like it’s hot—

“What the—”

I picked up the silver device and saw that I already had a new picture message. Upon opening it, Martin, John, and Bryan appeared on the screen, all with really cheesy grins on their faces. In the middle, John was holding a print out picture of Paul.

“You guys are such dorks,” I said, chuckling.

“If by ‘dorks’ you mean ‘incredibly sexy beasts,’ then yes, we’re dorks,” Bryan said.

After finishing up the rest of my burger, I picked up the shiny silver device once again and added as many people as I could remember to the contacts list.

For the rest of the day, the guys successfully kept my mind occupied with video games and random shit they bought at a convenience store, but when we headed off to bed, I was left alone with my thoughts.

It took a few hours of negotiation with my brain, but around 2AM I was finally able to get some sleep. Emphasis on ‘some.’

At around 4AM I woke up to the sound of Paul’s voice.

“Chloe’s doing alright. She’s a lot stronger than you think…”

Although I was tired, my ears perked up at this comment.

“Yeah, she broke her old one, so we bought her a Blackberry… Nah, don’t worry about it. Martin’s got it covered… I’ll text you her new number, just make sure Alex doesn’t get it.”

Who is Paul on the phone with?

We’ll take good care of her, don’t worry…

Paul sighed, then there was a long pause before he spoke up again.

I know, Jack, but right now’s not the time… Yeah, but she’s still in love with him, and I’m not gonna stand in the way if she wants to fix things.

I bit my lip as those words hit my ears.

…Alright. Bye.”

Turning onto my side, I closed my eyes and hoped for sleep.
But that was just wishful thinking.


+++++
Scores as of now:
Team Undecided - 2
Team Alex - 4

As usual, please RATE & REVIEW if you want more.
Since I'm not a mindreader, it's the only way I know people are still reading.

Q&A #10: If you could have any animal as a pet, what would you want and why?

I'd want a great dane, because I want a big pet I can snuggle with.
Sign up to rate and review this story