Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > Lasting Impressions

Some Advice

by killxsmile 7 reviews

Martin puts in a word or two.

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama,Romance - Published: 2009-07-23 - Updated: 2009-07-23 - 1516 words - Complete

3Insightful
Author's Note: Swimming with the BFF today, so I'm posting this a bit early.

THANK YOUS
somethingorother: Tame an ostrich? Dang. That sound difficult. But I hope you accomplish it!

Sorry to say it, but Chloe's really messed up at the moment. After having Eric cheat on her, falling head over heels for Alex, then having him cheat on her, she's wondering what she did wrong.

doyleangel: Yep. Paul's trying to fix things the best he can.

Like I said at the end of the last chapter, the spiciest food I've eaten was a habanero pepper. I cried and felt like hot acid was on my tongue, even after I'd drank a bunch of water. Those things are the devi's spawn in food form.

Oh my. DisasteRomance and Press Play? I've honestly been trying to write chapters for those, but I'm STUCK. Absolutely STUCK. The next chance I get, I'm going to put listen to all of my FOB CDs and listen to them until I come up with something to write, because this is getting ridiculous. I'm honestly as anxious to finish writing it as you guys are to reading it.

ash360: Alex means it, but he can't come up with a way to fix things with her. Though they mean well, it doesn't help that the BLG guys are super protective of her.

Since I don't eat meat, I wouldn't go for the buffalo chicken wrap, but I'm definitely liking the spicy factor.

STORY BELOWWW.

Permanent jetlag, please take me back, please take me back…

As my phone continued ringing, I blindly reached my arm over the side of the bunk and felt around for the small device.

“Hello?” I tiredly answered.

After a few seconds of silence, I was met with a dial tone. Still holding my phone, I went to the main display and checked the time. 7:34am.

I’m tired.
But I’m hungry…

It took a few seconds of debating before my stomach grumbled, breaking the stalemate. With a sigh, I got out of my bunk and headed toward the front of the bus for breakfast.

Surprisingly, Martin was already there, chowing down on a bagel.

“Morrin,” he greeted, mouth still half-full.

“Good morning,” I said, grabbing the box of Cap’n Crunch and pouring myself a bowl.

“Didja sleep okay?”

In subtle Martin-speak, this translated to “How are you holding up after that shit went down with Alex?”

“Yeah.”

In Chloe-speak, this translated to “I’m alright.”

“That’s good…” he replied. “…Um, Chloe can I ask you a question?”

“Sure.”

“What’s the deal with you and Paul?”

“Why do you ask?” I said, surprised by how direct he was being.

“Ever since the tour started, he’s had a crush on you. After he found out that you and Alex were together, he backed off, but that didn’t change how he felt. The guy still has it bad…” he explained. “And Paul’s good at hiding it, but having you on the bus has been really tough on him.”

“Wait, what do you mean?” I asked, confused by his comment.

“Seeing you sad has him all torn up. He wants to be there for you, but he doesn’t want to take advantage of how vulnerable you are,” he said. “And to make matters worse, he’s still not sure how you feel about him.”

I let out a sigh and turned my attention to my hands.

“The thing is, I’m not sure if I feel the same way,” I explained. “I mean, there’s no doubt in my mind that I care about him as more than a friend, but I don’t know if it’s because of my situation with Alex… The last thing I was to do is use him as a rebound.”

“I don’t think you’re capable of that,” he replied. “From what I’ve seen, your eyes light up just as much as Paul’s do when you’re together.”

“I still don’t want to risk hurting him…”

“Alright,” he said, nodding. “But if you ask me, I think you’d make each other really happy.”

“I’ll take that into consideration.”

“Take what into consideration?” Paul sleepily asked, yawning as he stood in the doorway.

“Martin thinks I’ll be lonely when I get back to Maryland, so he suggested that I get a puppy,” I quickly replied.

“That’d be cute,” he said, grabbing a bagel then taking a seat next to me. “And there are always a lot of dogs at animal shelters in need of a good home.”

“You’re like a sharpener, Paul.”

“Huh?”

“You make a good point.”

“Clever.”

He grabbed a blueberry bagel from the center of the table and smeared cream cheese over it.

“What time are we getting to the next venue?” he asked after taking a sizeable bite.

“If we stay on schedule, two hours,” Martin replied.

“Mmkay.”

Noticing how I was eyeing his bagel, Paul held it in front of me.

“Want some?”

“Do you mind?”

“As long as you don’t have herpes,” he joked.

Chuckling, I took a bite. Out of the corner of my eye, I could see Martin giving me an I-told-you-so glance before turning his attention to the food before him.

While I finished my cereal, the musicians at the table started talking about switching up the setlists and whatnot. When the conversation drifted to chord progressions and hi hats, I took this as my cue to leave, and slinked off toward the couches in the lounge area. Bryan eventually took a seat and challenged me to a game of Uno. In the middle of the game, however, my cell phone started ringing.

“Hello?”

Rather than hearing a response, I was met with the dial tone.

Looking at the number, I instantly recognized it as Alex’s. Remembering the call I’d gotten earlier, I scrolled though my recent incoming calls and saw that he was there, too.

Sighing, I put my phone back in my pocket.

“Who was it?” Bryan asked, putting a blue six on top of my blue four.

“Wrong number,” I simply replied.

After he won the game, I lied and said that I was getting sleepy again. With that, I retreated to my bunk and pulled the curtain shut.

Laying down, I placed my hands over my face and sighed once again.

What did he want?
Why didn’t he say anything when he had the chance?
How did he get my number in the first place?

These questions, along with many others, filled and spilled over the silence of my bunk.

In addition to this, there was the issue of Paul.
He was sweet, funny, charming, and he cared about me.

Cue for aforementioned boy to enter the room.

“You alright?” Paul asked, peeking in through the curtain.

“Mhmm, just a little tired.”

“It was Alex that called you earlier, wasn’t it?” he asked, taking a seat next to me.

“Yeah…” I said. There was no point in lying when he was being that blunt. “How’d you know?”

“Jack texted me and said that Alex took his phone and got your number. I was going to tell you about it, but I didn’t think he’d actually have the nerve to call you. I’m sorry…”

“Don’t worry about it. He didn’t even end up saying anything. Just hung up when I answered.”

He silently nodded and looked down. When he did this, Martin’s words popped into my head.

“Seeing you sad has him all torn up. He wants to be there for you, but he doesn’t want to take advantage of how vulnerable you are. And to make matters worse, he’s still not sure how you feel about him.”

“Thanks for checking up on me. I really appreciate it,” I said, offering him a smile.

“No problem.”

He wrapped me in a side hug then kissed my forehead before getting up.

“C’mon, let’s destroy Bryan at Uno.”

I chuckled and followed him toward the front of the bus.

“Back for another beating, I see,” the blonde bassist said as Paul and I took a seats across from him.

“Shut your face and deal the cards,” I joked.

As he did so, I pulled out my phone and turned it off. Alex wasn’t going to ruin my day.

+++++
There you have it. Chloe is slowly moving forward.

As always, please RATE & REVIEW.

Q&A #12: What is the longest you've waited in line for something? (I'm not just talking concerts, but also stuff like Black Friday sales and what not.)

Mine just so happens to be for a concert. For Honda Civic Tour '07, My BFF and I got to the venue at 8AM and waited until 5PM for doors to open. We got sunburned, went partially insane, and I almost passed out in the pit because I was so dehydrated. But hot damn. Seeing Cobra Starship, TAI, & Fall Out Boy was worth it.
Sign up to rate and review this story