Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > And Then Theres You

EIGHT - All Through The Twilight, Your Listening For Me

by let_it_go 5 reviews

Hm. Update?

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Angst,Romance - Warnings: [!] - Published: 2009-07-31 - Updated: 2009-07-31 - 3303 words - Complete

0Unrated
It was weeks later that Harper stood on the balcony that was usually closed off from the rooms. She had been talking to Brendon more, and William less and less. The others stayed away from her, because although she was an incredible tasting person, she was incredibly dangerous. One could go insane in seeing some of her memories, because although they had to deal with their own species, they dealt with things only elders could understand, like William, and Brendon. Brendon, who had tried to help her understand things that were going on in her head. The two of them had been going on and off on arguments, because he would get frustrated easily, and leave her feeling incredibly lost, and confused. She had no clue about the effect she had on him.

As Harper stood on the balcony, thinking about what Pete was doing, and where he was… and why she wasn’t able to leave here. It occurred to her, she hadn’t seen Brendon all day. Yet the moment she thought about it, hands wrapped themselves around her shoulders, and a cold nose came to rest near her throat. “Hello Harper.” a voice she had grown to think of helpful, comforting said to her. The smell it carried was sweet… a vanilla and cinnamon carried scent, one that Harper would have instantly thought of home-y, or comforting in the most relaxing of ways. She shivered a bit as his breath tickled her ear, and his hands fell to her arms, his cold fingers placing themselves further down by her hands. As he placed his nose to her neck once more, he spoke to her softly, his breath sharing that amazing scent that had Harper reminiscing about any past boyfriend she ever had. “William wanted to speak to you in his office. He said it was rather urgent.” He told her, and as silent as he came, he left. His breath still lingering near her neck, and his cold fingers still leaving their prints on her wrists.

As Harper stood on the balcony still looking behind her, her breath caught, she sighed, and left to go to William’s office. Although he had said it was urgent… fuck the urgency. She never wanted to deal with this bullshit in the first place.

---

With a bare foot stepping into William’s office, Harper was instantly spotted by William, and a smile on his face. “Hello Harper. I haven’t seen you around my parts of the mansion lately. What have you been up to?” he asked, sitting down in his leather chair behind the desk.

“Nothing, really… I’ve been with Brendon lately, mostly. You know, just talk—“ she was cut off by William holding up a hand.

“Talking? Really? Well, I hear there is some chatter about him helping you embrace the memories you have. Now, I don’t know if this is such a wise idea Harper. I don’t even know if seeing Brendon like that, in close quarters is good for you anyway. Things might happen. He does seem to have a serious lust for your blood. Which is why he doesn’t breathe around you. And when he does, it’s subtle.” William smiled at her, as he smiled, he looked away from her, and spoke again, “Can I offer you a drink Harper?” he asked, and she obliged with a nod. She knew not to say no. That would be stupid. But she would argue and argue, and in the end she would still listen to him out of fear for her life. As the wine glass was set in front of her, she stared at it for a moment. This was a first… William never gave her wine to drink. Ever. But, because she hadn’t wanted to upset him, she drank it, sipped it, but drank it nonetheless. It was sweet, one might have thought it was because of the wine itself. But others might know why it tasted sweeter than a merlot should taste. As Harper placed the glass back down, she continues to talk with William, occasionally taking sips of the wine till it was finished, and the glass was empty.

---

Upon returning to her room, Harper sighed, her head was spinning, and she had no idea why. It could possibly be the argument she and William had over she and Brendon being so friendly…. Or it could be just because she was so tired from trying to practice her skills with Brendon. Leaning against the door that she closed, she shut her eyes, and thought a nice hot shower would help her relax from the tension she was feeling in her head, as well as the tension in her skin. The prickling sensation was driving her nuts, and she didn’t know where it came from… a side effect of the headache?

Heading to the bathroom, she turned the water on, hot as it could go without being a boiling rain falling from the metal showerhead. As Harper undressed from her black skinny jeans, and grey tee shirt, she felt better about this shower idea. And the moment she stepped in, she knew it was a better idea than anything before. Letting out a sigh as the steam from the hot water mingled with the coolness of her breath, she closed her eyes, and started her normal shower routine.

About thirty minutes later, she stepped out, feeling somewhat refreshed, and thirsty, incredibly thirsty. Wrapping herself in a fluffy white towel, she opened the door the bedroom… only to be met with Brendon sitting on her bed, a glass of wine in his hand. Instantly, Harper stepped towards it, and took the glass, drinking it down, not even realizing what she was doing.

“Harper? That was my wine…” Brendon said, only watching the fragile human girl as she stood, her skin radiating that amazing scent that made him feel so overly intoxicated with warmth that he hadn’t felt in years. If it was a mix of the wine that he was drinking, which to vampires, only tasted like alcohol, and nothing else… and it was equal to drinking half a bottle of vodka in half a glass of wine, and her amazing scent, he didn’t know what had come over him other wise. Instantly, he was standing in front of her, his hands on her arms. As she looked up, the glass empty at her lips, which were stained red from the sweet wine, she dropped the glass. The soft shatter of the glass on the carpet that covered the floor of the room was completely missed by the two intoxicated beings in the room.

Brown eyes staring down into lighter ones, unspoken words were shared, and instantly, Brendon’s lips were on Harper’s as she stood with her arms at her chest, where she dropped the glass from. As Brendon moved his face from hers, he licked his lips, as he looked down to Harper, whom he noticed now, was standing in a towel, and looked so incredibly more fragile than ever before. Blue eyes looked into his brown ones with the most questioning look they seemed to have ever held. And yet, he saw a caring look in them. Brendon looked down to his hands, still keeping a hold on her arms the warmth from her skin making his cold hands prickle with something he hadn’t felt in years. He let out a sigh, and took his hands away. Dropping them at his sides, he turned to go only to be stopped by Harper grabbing his arm. “Don’t go.” She whispered, her hand on his arm sending the warm tingling feeling into his skin again.

Turning back to her, he looked into her blue eyes, knowing this was a bad idea, but there was something pulling him to this feeling in his chest. A heart he lost long ago to immortality, and the fearsome villain he was now. Although this tugging feeling was capturing in his chest, and telling him it was a bad idea, the risk made it all the more appealing. Seconds passed, and instantly, the small, fragile blonde girl was captured in his embrace again. His arms holding her close this him, and her arms around his neck in a passionate, but back minded drunken euphoria. Seconds turned to minutes, and lips shared unspoken words that lead to other things.

Moments passed, and there was a towel on the floor, pants and shirt on the bed, and a tangled embrace under the sheets all in a mix of the drunken euphoria created from the dark mind of the one person who was planning all of this, without the two under the sheet’s knowledge.

---

Waking, later in the day, Harper inhaled deeply from her nose, her eyelids fluttering open, to find a dark haired male lying next to her, his arm across her waist as his nose was pressed against her neck. Reaching her other arm up to brush her hair out of her face, she noticed bruising that was slowly coming to the top of her skin, in harsh yellows and blues. “What happened last night?” was the one thought that crossed her mind. And the only answer she got, was the shuffling of the boy next to her, his nose pressing deeper at her neck, and with a jolt, he awoke, his eyes blaring a crimson color, and his fangs showing.
“What the fuck happened, and why are… William.” Brendon said, jolting out of the bed, and getting dressed. Instantly, he left the room, and left Harper sitting in the bed, a sheet against her bare chest, and a head full of questions.

---

I’m not gonna be all “comment comment comment” because this took WAY too much time to write. But anyway, hope you liked it. xD




It was weeks later that Harper stood on the balcony that was usually closed off from the rooms. She had been talking to Brendon more, and William less and less. The others stayed away from her, because although she was an incredible tasting person, she was incredibly dangerous. One could go insane in seeing some of her memories, because although they had to deal with their own species, they dealt with things only elders could understand, like William, and Brendon. Brendon, who had tried to help her understand things that were going on in her head. The two of them had been going on and off on arguments, because he would get frustrated easily, and leave her feeling incredibly lost, and confused. She had no clue about the effect she had on him.

As Harper stood on the balcony, thinking about what Pete was doing, and where he was
Sign up to rate and review this story